Lit [Fantasy Flight Games] Because it just keeps getting better

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    I adored that image with the Star Galleon and the container transports too. Those were really, really cool to see.

I love how "deep" the bridge crew decks look as well. It really captures the "enormity" of how big an ISD's bridge should feel.
  2. Darth_Henning Force Ghost

star 3
    Blasphemy!!

We must support our loyal fellow EU fans FFG no mater the cost!!

(shut up wallet, it will all be over soon)
  3. ac4155 Jedi Master

I see FFG have announced wave 6, at least to Gamescon attendees.

A new faction, with all ships focused on bringing them up to line. The blurred photos looked interesting, can't wait to actually see the official announcement and photos.

With all these x-wing announcements, I've really got to catch up with the game!
  4. ac4155 Jedi Master

A new faction, with all ships focused on bringing them up to line. The blurred photos looked interesting, can't wait to actually see the official announcement and photos.

5. ac4155 Jedi Master

6. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
  7. Darth_Garak Force Ghost

star 4
    Well FFG will keep on feeding from my wallet.
  8. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah my friend took pics -M3, StarViper and IG2000. Plus pics of Imperial Assault.
  9. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    [IMG]

[IMG]

There. Now don't say I don't do anything for you.

My friend says the minis, despite looking like DUST Tactics scale, are 25mm round base minis. Or, the same size as WotC ones.

EDIT: I'm getting these live over FB, so... Enjoy an ATST:

[IMG]

[IMG]

@AdmiralNick22 @GrandAdmiralJello
    Last edited by Ender Sai, Aug 15, 2014
  10. Darth_Garak Force Ghost

star 4
    Is that an assault frigate mark II from Empire at War? Oh sweet Emperor yes (and the other stuff as well). This is just ...... =P~=P~=P~
    Nobody145 and GrandAdmiralJello like this.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Whoa I love that Armada is so EU heavy. And that ship is HUGE!!

Any pics of the Vic?
  12. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Only VicPic is this:

[IMG]
  13. Cynical_Ben Force Ghost

star 4
    See, I'd be more inclined to buy these since the packs aren't randomized like the WotC ones, but... I don't have anyone to play with. So they'd just sit on my desk and look pretty until my cat decided to play with them.
  14. Darth_Garak Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not even buying these with the primary goal of playing but for collecting. And my cat is a true lady, she never knocks over stuff and leaves my minis alone (consider I've got 2 shelves full to the brim with Imperial Guardsmen and a few Space Marines, I'm really thankful).

What I also want from Armada is the ISD (because it's to iconic and cool not to have) but I'm also wondering if we'd maybe also get the Nebula-class and the Endurance-class. Which why I'm still hoping for a K-Wing as well.
  15. Praenomen Cognomen Force Ghost

star 4
    A dungeon crawler... nice!

I hope there's enough focus on the head-to-head skirmishes. My RPG group plays.. well... the RPG. So we probably wouldn't do the campaign missions.

I've never been a ship minis guy---certainly not enough to collect an ongoing line---but Armada's a possibility. I dunno.
    Last edited by Praenomen Cognomen, Aug 15, 2014
  16. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Is that Assault Frigate Mk. II to scale? Looks huge!

--Adm. Nick
  17. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 6
    So I hear the Force and Destiny beta is out, and the new system is the morality system, with emotional strengths and weaknesses. My interest is piqued.

y u guyz no talk about it? :confused: [face_mischief]
  18. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ooh, very nice looking Assault Frigate MK II. I remember using those a lot in EaW, was never sure where else they showed up, but nice to see such a great looking model of it.
  19. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    I only care about lore and artwork :p
  20. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9

I will have to check out the beta. WIll be keen to see what they're doing with Force mechanics.
  21. Darth_Henning Force Ghost

star 3
    "I said Shut Up wallet, I'll be sure to use lube"

"Pipe down, you know you love it!"

*chloroforms screaming wallet*

Ok. I'm Officially Poor.

I DO however wish that we'd gotten our K-wing, Scimitar, and Tie Droid before a third faction. Ah well.
    Darth_Garak likes this.
  22. Armchair_Admiral Force Ghost

star 4
    /me still wonders if they'll ever release a Assault Gunboat or Missile Boat expansion pack.....
  23. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 7
    People are already doing their own versions of those:

24. Darth_Henning Force Ghost

star 3
    But I want official versions with Cards.

How about a wave of: K-wing, Scimitar Bomber, Assualt Gunboat and Tie Droid?

I'd be happy with that.
  25. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    I would imagine the Scimitar and Skipray are coming in future waves.
  26. Praenomen Cognomen Force Ghost

star 4

Love what they're doing with lightsaber specs... in each career, one specialization is a lightsaber form. So, for instance, you can start Consular: Healer, and spec out into Niman, or go Guardian and straight into the Soresu spec.

Also, this answers @Ender Sai's question about how they're handling Jedi:

Everybody is a Jedi (or Adept) right from the start. Like they always said, it's a full standalone game for 100% force users. However, they've gimped starting lightsabers so that you'll have to train to get better with it, and it seems you'll be better out of the gate if you choose a different combat focus to start (appropriate to your character, of course) with but with less opportunity to beef it up as you go.

Seeing how bland the crossover between EotE to AoR is---after all, most of the careers and specs are just different takes on the same concepts available in EotE---I don't think it'll be a problem to have full Jedi specs in the mix. If you don't want you fringe campaign going all Forcey, you just keep F&D off the table. Boom.
    Zeta1127 and Ender Sai like this.