main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Football league - FF/Northeast

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    OK... It's that time of year again (finally :D)!!! With the 2005 Football season approaching the fantasy football leagues are starting up now. So to keep with tradition I'm going to get things started with "Star Wars Bowl IV". Here's the layout:

League Name: Star Wars Bowl IV
    League ID#: 7278
    password: rots
    Draft Day/Time: Sunday, July 24th / 9:00pm
    Draft Type: Live! AutoDraft (you can "Pre-Rank" players in case you are unable to make it for the live draft)
    # of teams: 16
    Playoffs: Top 6 teams will be in the playoffs, which will be held on Week 15, 16 & 17

I just used all of the standard options for scoring and roster selections. If anyone is interested in playing but can't make it on the 26th @ 10:00am for the draft say so here so that we can all try to agree on a better day and/or time (I'm pretty sure that I can change it within a certain amount of time before the 26th). I'm going to spread word to the local boards and try to get all of the remaining spots filled as soon as possible, so sign up if you're interested in playing.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    There's still plenty of spots available if anyone is interested in signing up before the draft date. I know baseball is still in full swing but let's mix things up a bit here, since hockey is never coming back and the Celtics are... well... nevermind [face_mischief].

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    is this open to everyone or just NE fanforce peoples? I posted on the FanForce Community board trying to get an inter-fanforce league going, but haven't had any responses yet (just one person telling me that Boston ran a league every year and to check it out). If it's cool, I wouldn't mind joining your league for a chance to play with someone new.

edit: nevermind, looks like you guys did your draft today...?

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I have changed the date to July 24th @ 9:00pm. All of the same information is still good and as far as the time if it's not good for anyone please let me know and I'll try to accomodate anyone who wants to play.

NOTE: This league is for anyone who wants to play, not just for the regulars on the Northeast boards.

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    cool, I'm in then

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Awesome!!! With your team plus mine that brings the total number of teams in the league up to two :_|.

There's still 14 spots available for anyone interested in playing.

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    In and registered my friend
    ROGUE KNIGHTS ARE BACK BABY

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    SWEET :D!!!

Now we're up to three teams! C'mon guys... you know you want to play. Let's get a least a few more teams going here.

9. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I may join. I need to get a better idea of what my time is going to be like in the fall first. I don't want to be the guy who ends up participating half-***ed.

I know the draft is scheduled for the 24, but is there a deadline before that for signing up?

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I think you have until 24 hours before the draft day and time to sign up. So you will have plenty of time to decide. I hope to see you in there.

P:S: The league is set-up for 16 teams and so far there's only 3. Please feel free to spread the word so that we can get this league filled up with all 16 teams.

11. Large

Large Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    Howdy, Rick from Connecitcut here. I signed a team up, if you don't mind. The expansion Capital Clones, will be taking home the Star Wars Bowl IV throphy this year!!!

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I don't mind at all. Welcome aboard!!! That's 4 team and 12 open spots, so feel free to spread the word to anyone you know who might want to play.

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    The draft for the Star Wars Bowl IV has come and gone. Unfortunately there were only 4 team that signed up, but at least it should be a high scoring league.

If anyone is interested I have another league that I've started with a few guys in my neighborhood. The draft is set for Sunday, August 14th @ 9:45am. The league name is "Center Stage" and the ID# 286780 and the password is "brunco".

14. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    hey i'll try and sign up for that, jedioutcast.

15. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    hey i'll try and sign up for that, jedioutcast.

16. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Sweet! I do have to make a change to the day though, I'm not going to be around on that Sunday. I was thinking of doing it closer to the end of pre-season during a weeknight, say a Tuesday or Wednesday night. I'm going to get together with the other players (who still haven't taken the time to sign up yet :mad:) and run this by them too.

17. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Good luck to those who are playing! :)

18. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I may sign up as well. I was going to join the other league but I saw it only had 4 teams and I didn't want to be the odd man out. That is never any fun. lol

I will take a look at the league later and see how many teams there is and if there will be an even number with me I will join. Live drafts may be hard for me since I work Tuesday-Friday at my night job. Then again that would give me an excuse to bring the laptop to work. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.