main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Fantasy Freaks & Gaming Geeks/My Best Friend is a Wookiee Brooklyn Event

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by TonyWan_Kenobi, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyWan_Kenobi

TonyWan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2008
    I am the author of My Best Friend is a Wookiee: A Memoir and I will be doing a panel discussion with fellow geek-memoir writer Ethan Gilsdorf on Monday 11/22 at 7:30 PM at Word Books in Brooklyn. I hope some of you NYC area fanboys and fangirls will be able to make it out!

Celebrate all things geek and nerd with Ethan Gilsdorf (Fantasy Freaks and Gaming Geeks) and Tony Pacitti (My Best Friend is a Wookiee), moderated by Rebecca Carroll (former managing editor of PAPER). Gilsdorf?s Fantasy Freaks is a road trip through fantasy and gaming subcultures, from Dungeons & Dragons gamers and live-action role-players, to Harry Potter wizard rockers and World of Warcraft players. Pacitti?s memoir is the coming-of-age story of certified geek and official Jedi Knight wannabe framed around Lucas? epic Star Wars. Doritos and Mountain Dew will be on hand, as required for any truly geeky gathering.

Sorry, this forum is just for discussion on science fiction and fantasy books. You might want to advertise your event in the New York Fan Force forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.