main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Jawa Sumo Wrestling League (Fan Fiction Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    1984 is the only book ever to make me paranoid.

Oh, and some happy news I've just remembered. I was talking to some LGBT members and they were saying how nice my piercings are. :) I know that's quite random but I thought the thread could do with some happy stuff.

2. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    I understood physics today- more happy news :p

What piercings/how many do you have, moose?

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yay for physics! :D

In each ear I have a 1.5*10mm spring closure ring, a 2.4mm septum keeper (they make great studs, I wear the large bit in front with the ring behind my ear), and a 4mm pink/clear top hat. I have the same in each ear and they get bigger as they go down towards my lobe. :)

4. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Ah... I have two piercings, one in each ear and in the lobe :p I tend to wear dangly/fancy earrings ;)

I must admit I haven't seen most of those before. Did it hurt getting pierced for those?

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I had pierced ears, but grew them in because I was allergic to too many metals.

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    They started off as normal piercings, I just used jewellery to stretch them up. It doesn't hurt if you do it properly and take time doing it, but if you stretch too much at once it can hurt. :)

7. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    I have allergies, so I can only wear certain types of earrings too [face_plain]

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Afternoon all!

I just got the test back that I thought I bombed, and I got a mid C which I hate but as bad as I felt like I did, I'll take it! :D

And next week we get to dissect hearts, of what I don't know, but I'm really excited!! [face_dancing] Though we do have to point out all of the structures while we are doing it, but the heart is my thing, so I should be ok!!!

9. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    I hated dissections!

Congrats on your test! [face_dancing] I just got back a project that will help boost one of my grades!

10. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
    Just got back from 3 straight hours of classes, 2 lectures and 1 tutorial.
    So, a belated Good Morning to everyone, including my Master Kidan, et tum, Salvete!
    Good Afternoon to all of you.

this afternoon will be busy, all the way till night. I'll be back later.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks AF! [:D]
    And that is awesome you got a grade booster! :D

Catching up on the earlier conversation I kinda started...

No I'm not, I'm just use that phrase because pretty much everyone knows the meaning behind it.

I had a friend in high school who was beaten us solely because he was gay, the person who did the beating didn't know him at all, they had never spoken, didn't even know his name, someone just said to him "Hey, that guy is gay!" and he had the crap beat out of him. That is what I would call a hate crime. I wasn't talking about people being punished for such crimes, to me if someone kills someone its a 'crime of hate' no matter what, if you killed them, you obviously didn't like them (at least at that very moment) no matter what the reason. Unless of course it was a killing due to some psychosis, which happens very infrequently.
    Edit: Do I think that what are called hate crimes should be punished more? No. The crime you commit, is the crime you commit no matter what the motivation behind it was. If someone kills as a crime of passion, its still killing no matter what the other person did to them, they still killed. Period.
    Now self-defense is a whole different ball game.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Afternoon, everyone.

Everyone. "Jon!"

Allie. "Jonathan."

I am... exhausted. I hate overnight shifts.

Mav, that sucks. :mad::mad::mad: Ah, I loathe ignorant people like that.

Ish, I'll ask. What does 'Baconian' mean? Do you like Kevin Bacon? BLTs?

13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    What are Luke's long range binoculars call in ANH?

I tried Wookiepedia but binoculars yielded nothing.

14. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    No idea, brodiew. [face_plain]

I have to say, I've found the hate/thought crime discussion enlightening. I've never thought about it in terms of the points Kidan made - that making legislature against hate crimes is basically enforcing a version of "thought policing". And I find that very scary. [face_plain] I was against hate crimes in the fact that you should attack someone based on some aspect like race or sexual orientation, but isn't that why most violent crimes occur? IIRC, you're more likely to have a murderer be someone you know. But the idea that you shouldn't be punished more for the thought behind the action is something that makes sense to me. I've long been a proponent of the idea that you can think/feel whatever you want but it's your behavior that counts in the end, though I've never made that connection to actions that could get you landed in a courtroom. Either way, it's something to think about.

Congrats, mavjade! Passing is passing. :D And I'm envious of you getting to do the heart! I really enjoyed that section of anatomy last year. The poor first years just finished their first head and neck section in lab and, while I certainly don't miss the exams, I do miss having hands-on stuff to do. I hope you enjoy your heart dissection. :)

15. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    if memory serves they're called macrobinoculars, but it's been a few months since I last read teh ANH novelization, and i'm at work, and it's packed away...

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I just checked the ANH novelization and yep, they're macrobinoculars. :)

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Such a clunky name, there. Trying to invent weird and unearthly names for binoculars is just... *Shrug*

18. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Thanks all. That helped.

19. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I hate hair dye. I tried to do one purple highlight, and not only did I get that, but there's also purple stuff all over my hands and all over my room. My towels have changed color from blue to purple, and half the bathroom is purple. What a mess. [face_frustrated]

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd call them macs for short.

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ooh. That sucks, SithGirl. [:D]

Hey, Ish. How goes it?

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm, good to hear. I'm totally exhasuted and might be taking a nap soon... which I hate having to do.

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sucks working nights, eh? How's Christmas at Walmart shaping up?

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_tired]

I just spent the last ten minutes arguing about the ridiculousness of buckyballs with my dad. I-)

Anyways, how goes it, all? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.