main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Lightsaber Tournament - The CHAMPIONSHIP IS HERE - VOTE NOW!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by dark_jedi666, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    how do we pick?

I'd pick mara over dooku since she learned from the same master - The Emperor.

2. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    then perhaps instead of entering Anakin Skywalker in the tourny. you should have entered Darth Vader. I have been under the impression from the begining that Anakin Skaywalker was the 19 year old we saw in AOTC. Not the 50(?) year old we saw at the end of ROTJ.

3. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I apologize for that MrSlush. I did say at the beginning I believe that it was Anakin as a whole, meaning Vader and Anakin. If you would like to change your vote for round 3 just private message me and I will allow it.

4. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Group 1 Final
    1 Yoda
    vs.
    2 Mace Windu
    In a dizzying, fast-paced battle, the Form VII master dueled with what one poster dubbed, "His Airness" in a spectacular clash. Ultimately, the diminutave jedi Master wore down the veteran warrior, and caimed the victory. He then retired to his quarters for meditation and a full body massage with them two Twi'lek slave girls :p

Group 2 Final
    1 Luke Skywalker
    vs.
    2 Darth Maul
    The Son of Suns met Sidious's first pupil. Luke was immeditaley on the defensive, taken aback by the savagery of Maul's attack. The New Jedi Master, battled back, wearing down his foe and destroying his weapon. The Sith apprentice attempted one fianl attack, forcing Skywalker to strike Maul down.

Group 3 Final
    1 Anakin Skywalker
    vs.
    3 Anakin Solo
    The "Duel of the Ani's" was a sight to see, as the two young Jedi brought youthful vigour to the field. Many females in the audience swooned, and had to be carried off. :p The battle was a complete stalemeate until Skywalker finally became enraged by his inabilty to decisively put down his opponent. He called upon the Dark Side, and in a blind rage, killed his own grandchild. It took 100 clonetroopers in full riot gear to keep members of the angry mob from tearing him apart. :p

Group 4 Final
    1 Count Dooku
    vs.
    3 Mara Jade Skywalker

The so-called "Miss EU" met her match in the former Jedi turned Sith. Her scattered lightsabre training was little defense over Dooku's mastery of Form II. The Count was practically untouched as he finished off his opponent with a flawless riposte. Fans of the EU went into an extended period of mourning as the last EU contender was taken from the field. :p

5. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    Voting for Round 3 ends Tuesday . Get you votesd in so you have a say in the Final Four.

6. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    The voting is close, people. Get your votes in by Tomorrow night at 11:59 pm EST.

Enjoy!

7. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Group 1 Winner: Yoda

I saw AotC...ain't nothing going to stand up to that muppet for long ;)

Group 2 Winner: Darth Maul

Even at the height of his powers in the NJO, Luke Sykwalker didn't have the kind of dueling skills required to kill Darth Maul. Maul whacked one of the greatest Jedi warriors of the age in Qui-Gon Jinn (going by the TPM Novelisation) and there's no doubt in my mind that, without falling back on some distance Force-aided attacks, Luke would be the loser here.

Group 3 Winner: Anakin Skywalker

Is this even a contest?
    The Chosen One against his grandson?
    Anakin Snr would clean the ring with the kid ;)

Group 4 Final: Count Dooku

The instigator of the Clone Wars and Master to the most flawed line in Jedi history vs. one of the Emperor's assassins? He's ten times as fast as she'll ever be and she never really seemed to have such a fine tune on the Force to be able to pull of the kinds of tricks needed to put Dooku out of action.

8. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    The Luke/Maul fight looks like its gonna be close one.

9. mrslush50

Feb 22, 2003
    "Fans of the EU went into an extended period of mourning as the last EU contender was taken from the field. "

I think not. It's about time she was ousted. In my opinion she didn't even belong in the second round.

10. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    Group 1 Final
    1 Yoda ~winner
    vs.
    2 Mace Windu

Group 2 Final
    1 Luke Skywalker ~winner
    vs.
    2 Darth Maul

Group 3 Final
    1 Anakin Skywalker ~winner
    vs.
    3 Anakin Solo

Group 4 Final
    1 Count Dooku
    vs.
    3 Mara Jade Skywalker ~winner

11. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    Last day to get your votes in. I will post results at midnight and Final Four matchups as well.

12. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    Due to the fact I am tired, I am posting Round 3 results a bit early. SO here they are .

Group 1

Yoda defeats Mace Windu

Group 2

Luke Skywalker defeats Darth Maul

Group 3

Anakin Skywalker defeats Anakin Solo

Group 4

Count Dooku defeats Mara Jade Skywalker

13. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    And now for the Final Four:

Yoda vs Anakin Skywalker

Luke Skywalker vs Count Dooku

Remember to take into account that each person is at the height of their power. So Anakin is not AOTC Anakin, but whatever you think is his most powerful point, same goes for Luke, he is not ROTJ Luke but more like NJO Luke. Have fun and let the votes come.

14. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Yoda vs Anakin Skywalker
    Winner: Yoda ~ 900 years experience + dieing from old age. Vader loses only b/c he 'lost' to Luke in ROTJ.

Luke Skywalker vs Count Dooku
    Winner: Count Dooku ~ Luke is powerful, but he doesn't have any technique or real training like Dooku has. Plus, Dooku has had good experience against skilled opponents.

15. mrslush50

Feb 22, 2003
    Yoda vs. Skywalker

winner- Yoda.

Dooku vs. Skywalker

winner- Dooku.

Father and Son, out in the same round.

hey d_j6,
    We should have a third and fourth place matchup, before we do the final.

16. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    I was going to do a match for 3rd place as well at the same time as the Final. So MrSlush, you can look forward to that as well next week. :)

17. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    Yoda vs. Anakine

Yoda

Luke vs. Dooku

definetly Luke, Dooku may be fast but can't match Luke Skywalker

18. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    (Walks in after two months of absence from the boards)

What the-?

19. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Yoda
    skywalker~winner

Dooku~dooku
    Skywalker

20. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    Whats wrong Skylark? Its just a little Fantasy Tournament. :)

21. Skylark

Mar 10, 2002
    What does it all mean, though?

22. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    Its just something i started about a month ago, i took 16 old jedi (prequel) and sixteen new jedi (post-rotj NJO) and divided them into brackets and then people voted for each matchup the winner moves to the next round. It was just to see who people thought would win in a lightsaber tourney.

23. Skylark

Mar 10, 2002
    sweet-can i still join in with my votes for like the current round-or is it too late to join in the fun?

24. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    the voting for the final four goes on until next Tuesday 4/8 . So have fun, and next week is the finals, and also the 3rd place matchup.

25. Skylark

Mar 10, 2002
    Question: which era Yoda? and which era Luke? cuz that would have some weight on my final decisions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.