main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph FAO U.S. Netflixers: Black Mirror

Discussion in 'Community' started by Diggy , Dec 27, 2014.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I know some on here have watched it, but it lacks a thread.

So. This is an anthology series ala The Twilight Zone. Each episode stands alone, with the only link being technology. It's British satire at its best. Three eps per series, two series on Netflix.

S1E1: due to a royal kidnapping, the Prime Minister must make a difficult decision. I know someone who knows the chap playing the PM. The actor said when he dropped his kids off at daycare after the ep was on, none of the mothers would make eye contact.

S1E2: Dystopia, where the one out is the XFactor. Lady Sybil from Downton is in it!

S1E3: imagine you record everything you see, and can replay it on demand. The good, and the bad.

S2E1: your other half dies. Do you bring them back? Stars Agent Carter and the Weasley who's in Episode 7.

I haven't watched the last two, or the Christmas special. But I highly recommend it. Especially ep1 to boba nehkbet

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    yeah this show is dope as ****. havent seen the christmas special yet. my fave is a tie between S2E1 and S1E2

Abadacus likes this.
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ah feckit.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    45 views. I'm betting half turned off after five minutes of the first ep. Hohoho, Charlie Brooker!

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Its message(s) about modern society can be pretty hamfisted (even though I generally agree with them), but man, it's awesome. I thought the first episode was okay; the second episode hooked me. Too bad there are so few episodes. This is British Brevity taken to an extreme.

Diggy , Abadacus and Rogue_Ten like this.
  6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I have only seen the first two episodes. They were good.

7. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I keep meaning to watch this! I fired up a stream of the Christmas special to buffer in a tab the other day but got distracted and never started watching it. :(

Should I start with Ep 1? I know it's an anthology series, so does order matter at all?

8. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    s1e2 and s1e3 were probably my faves. i also liked s2e2 alot. my least favorite was s2e3. completely skippable.

9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    It matters a little. The episodes tend to reference each other in some ways. I wouldn't say it's essential to watch in order, though.

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The Christmas special definitely makes references to other episodes.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  11. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    first episode - painful to watch and completely excellent

12. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Watched the first two now. Both were excellent!

13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I saw the first episode of series 1 and didn't love it, but I saw the recent Christmas special White Christmas, and that was certainly gripping. I never got into Mad Men, but Jon Hamm was impressively charismatic this.

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    S2E2 - A woman wakes up in a house with no memory of who she is. She leaves the house and a masked man tries to shoot her with a shot gun. And then her day gets bad.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    S2E3 - An animated bear wiv a big torquise **** runs for election. Should be a walkover, innit bruv!

Now I need an IP mask so I watch the special on 4oD.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    He always is. :p He's good at playing the superficially charming, insecure *******s. In this case his character was
    almost certainly a sociopath.

That seems like more of a hassle than the usual pirate way, which is the route I took.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Not really, there is one called expatshield. Switch in on and you're away. I stopped the pirating thing a while ago, so I'd have to get a torrent, etc.

Anyway, the Special was excellent. Referenced every other episode in some way. It was bleak, it was grim. And it starred Jon Hamm. What's not to like?

18. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    ExpatShield stopped working for me in the middle of the last season of GBBO, so I had to go and find something else. Hola is good.

19. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Same here. I took a break from it and started watching something else after the first episode, but came back for the second episode and I've been hooked since (granted that's only been a few days). I'm watching 2x02 now. Great show.

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What's GBBO?

Edit: oh [face_plain]

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  21. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    :)

[face_victoria_sponge]

22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I assume GBBO is some sort of One Direction/Jonas Brothers thing.

23. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Episode 2 - love it! Like being trapped inside XBox Kinect. Jessica Brown Findley is transplendent.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    So, wait, what genre of story is this? I am potentially quite interested unless it turns out to be a comedy. Can someone clarify?

25. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I found 15,000,000 credits to be the weakest out of all of them. All the others have "advanced" technology in a "modern" world. This one was basically set in an alternate reality. The joy of the series is seeing just how close we are to certain technological events, but this episode didn't do that.

Jabba - it's a drama series kind of like "The Twilight Zone" where the enemy is technology and what could happen if we become too dependent on it.