main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[FAQ] We're Moving - Answers to your common questions (updated 6/18)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Apr 3, 2010.

1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I?m not sure if this has been discussed or answered before, but since this began I haven?t received any emails to notify me when someone has posted on something I?m watching.

I still get PMs, but I don?t usually ask for them because I use active notification. My email address has been updated and checked when the first announcement about the shift was advertised and all my details are current.

So are emails down for everyone or just some? Or am I doing something wrong?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The emails haven't worked since IGN moved to new servers, and since they are concentrating on upgrading their own boards they won't be addressing the mail issue. It's the same problem that is preventing new users from receiving their passwords and stopping existing users from receiving forgotten passwords.

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    OK, another question related to the Rebelscum move.

The admin doing the Rebelscum move indicated on Twitter that links from external sites would automatically redirect to the new format. What are the chances of this happening here as well? I ask because over at Wookieepedia, numerous JCF posts from authors and other VIPs are used as sources. Previously, we've been under the impression that all of those links would break when the move occurs and we would have to track down each post one by one to fix the links. If links will redirect automatically, then that would make things a lot easier for us. Anyone know the answer?

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    We have not looked into this extensively, but we are hoping to be able to do this.

6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    OK, thanks.

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    what happened to the mischief smiley? I'm actually missing that one.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I can only imagine that my futile, fruitless search for our beloved Pancakes & Waffles is simply a matter of a glitch during the transfer...

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's around..check in the Community Archives. If you can't see it there the permissions might be set to just allow the mods to see it.

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010