main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Far Away (a sort of Star Wars/Smallville crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TigerofRobare, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Far Away

by TigerofRobare

Summary: Anakin did not turn to the Dark Side, but has instead been instrumental in defeating Palpatine, Dooku, and Ventriss. Just after consignment to the Phantom Zone, the Death Star has arrived in orbit around Alderaan. In this fic, Anakin and Padme had only Luke, Palps and company are in their mid-forties.

[b]Chapter One[/b]

"This is no fantasy," Anakin Skywalker explained to the Jedi Council, assembled on Alderaan for the trial of the notorious Darth Sidious. "These accusations are based on the irrefutable evidence of their own acts to destroy the Jedi Order and usurp the Republic."

He walked around the ysalamir pen holding the three criminal, twirling his lightsaber absent mindedly.

"The woman Asajii Ventriss," Anakin continued, "whose perversion and unreasoning acts of hatred have threatened even the children of the Galaxy. Count Dooku, better known as Darth Tyrannous, whose only means of expression seem to be in wanton acts of cruelty."

In the Council chamber, watching via hologram the closing arguments, Obi-wan Kenobi nodded. No, it didn't sound like his friend and former apprentice, but the carefully prepared script was definitely working on the other masters.

Anakin circled the pen, staying just out of range of the ysalimir's effects. He paused in front of the last of the criminals.

"And finally Darth Sidous, once elected as Chancellor and charged with the protection of this Republic, he used his cunning and deception in that roll in an attempt to overthrow the Republic and replace it with a new order, an empire, with himself as absolute ruler."

One by one the assembled masters and the new Supreme Chancellor, Alderaan's Viceroy Bail Organa, pronounced the same verdict: "Guilty."

As Anakin strode confidently back to the main chambers, Sidious said: "The vote must be unanimous, Anakin. You alone will decide our fate and it is you alone who will be held responsible by me. Join us, Anakin. You have been known to disagree with the Council before, your's could be an important voice in my empire, second only to me own! You are passing up a chance for greatness, Anakin! Join us!"

But the Dark Lord's desperate pleadings fell on deaf ears. He turned to threats instead. "You will bow down before me, Anakin, you and then, one day, your heirs!"

It was all for naught. The behemoth dome opened and from the black depths of space came the emptiness that was the Phantom Zone came hurtling down like the justice of a vengeful god. In a flash it scooped up the archcriminals and carried them away, consigned for eternity in their nightmarish prison.

2. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Chapter Two

The Death Star fired its superlaser, vaporizing Alderaan instantly. The shockwave of that many lives being wiped out hurled Anakin backwards and--

--He awoke. Breathing heavily, he turned to the sleeping form of Padme. It was a vision of the future. The Death Star was coming. Padme, Luke--everyone was in danger. Alderaan had to be evacuated.

Anakin calmed himself. There could be no delay. He gathered his clothes and dressed hurridly but quietly, so as not to disturn his wife. He was on the threshold when Padme said, "What's wrong, Anakin?"

"I had another vision," he responded.

"Not one of Sidious'?"

"No. I'm going to call a meeting of the Council, Alderaan is in danger."

"What's this about Alderaan being in danger?" the familiar voice of Obi-wan Kenobi asked slightly groggily.

"When did you get here, Master?"

"Anakin, I have known you since you were nine. I know when you're having your visions."

"I'll explain to the Council," Anakin said. He hastily kissed Padme and the two old friends made their way to the Council chamber.

Twenty minutes later Anakin stood before the esteemed assemblege of Jedi masters explaining his vision. Only Master Yoda and Ki-Adi-Mundi were not preasent, Yoda having departed for Mustafar to aid in the negotiations to end the Clone Wars and Mundi on a mission to Tanaab.

When he had finished, Mace Windu spoke, "The Death Star couldn't come here. When Tarkin hijacked it from the Geonosian shipyards--"

"Under Dooku's orders," Obi-wan interupted.

"--He took it to the Outer Rim. It's not even opperational yet," Windu finished.

"The Republic's military would keep it occupied if it could become opperational," Shaak-Ti said.

"Masters," Anakin said, raising his voice, "I'm telling you, the Death Star is opperational and headed here. Alderaan must be evacuated; I can feel it."

"I agree with my former apprentice," Obi-wan said.

Mace Windu ended the discussion before it started. "Any attempt, Skywalker, to spread your vision to the populace will be treated by this Council as an act of insurrection, as would an attempt by you to leave. You will learn to trust the Council."

Anakin bowed his head in defeat, but a plan was already forming in his mind. "Very well. Neither Padme or I will try to leave Alderaan."

Skywalker bowed again and left the chamber. He had work to do.

Obi-wan can over to the Skywalkers' apartment later that evening. He found Anakin hard at work on something while Padme tended to Luke. It took a moment for the Jedi master to register what Anakin was doing: he was building a childsize spaceship.

The busy Anakin either sensed or saw something in Obi-wan's face that betrayed his confusion. "Luke will survive, Obi-wan," Anakin explained. "As a parent it's the only thing to do. We may die, but our child will live."

"Where will you send him?" Obi-wan asked.

"I've decided on a planet called Earth. It's out-of-the way, primative. It will help him survive. Sidious' threat worries me. If Tarkin finds them, with the Order decapitated, well . . ."

Anakin let the thought trail off. It didn't need elaboration. Obi-wan helped Anakin finish the modifications. It was ready. Then Anakin spun around.

"The Death Star!" he breathed.

"I felt it, too."

Padme placed baby Luke into the chamber. Anakin unclipped his lightsaber from its belt and and placed it into a secret and secure chamber.

"Good-bye, Luke," Padme said, "we will never be far from your heart. We will always be with you. We will always love you."

She nodded. Anakin closed the canopy and with the Force, depressed the launch control. The craft's repulsors began to hum and lifted into the air. It smoothly accelerated, crashing through a window and into the open sky and thence to space.

The Death Star fired.

Little Luke, afriad in the unfamiliar surroundings, felt the cry of the billions of Alderaanians. He bagan to cry.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    =D= Very interesting start! :D

Padme placed baby Luke into the chamber. Anakin unclipped his lightsaber from its belt and and placed it into a secret and secure chamber.

"Good-bye, Luke," Padme said, "we will never be far from your heart. We will always be with you. We will always love you."

She nodded. Anakin closed the canopy and with the Force, depressed the launch control. The craft's repulsors began to hum and lifted into the air. It smoothly accelerated, crashing through a window and into the open sky and thence to space.

The Death Star fired.

Little Luke, afriad in the unfamiliar surroundings, felt the cry of the billions of Alderaanians. He bagan to cry.

Oh no! :_|

Please PM when you update!

4. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Thanks. I'll be sure to PM you.

Author's Note: I have relocated Smallville to Vermont because I'm from Vermont and I love it.

[b]Chapter Three[/b]

That fateful day in October, 1989, began like any other crisp Fall day in Vermont: a lot of tourists showed up to see the forests explode in a veritable firestorm of color and form.

In the agrarian town of Smallville--"The 1% Milk Capital of the World"--it was a special day. It was the day of the Homecoming Game for the Smallville Crows. While enthusiasm ran high, the Crows' optimism was kept in check by the knowledge of their oponents--the Rutland Raiders, the best football team in the state.

But Jonathan and Marha Kent didn't care about all that. They wanted flowers--tulips, to be precise. They drove to Nell Potter's flower shop in their hard worn red pick-up truck (there was an old Vermont saying that Jonathan lived his life by: "Use it up, wear it out; make it do or do without").

The streets of downtown Smallville were lined with cars, yet they managed to find a parking space. There was nobody around.

"Where is everybody?" Martha asked.

"At the game, I expect," Jonathan replied.

They walked in to the flower shop. Martha let Jonathan get the tulips and went over to talk to Lana Lang, Nell's niece. Lana was wearing a pastel purple and pink dress over more casual clothes. She had a tiara on and was throwing a succesful tea party to a hard-to-please crowd of stuffed animals.

5. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I love it, I adore Smallville and was just waiting for someone to combine SW and it together in some fashion.

Hope to see more soon. :) I'd love to be on the PM list if you have one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.