main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Far Away Coast - Songfic, AU, One-post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zelda_Death, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelda_Death

Zelda_Death Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2008
    Title: Far Away Coast
    Author(s): Zelda_Death
    Timeframe: 0 ABY - 3 ABY
    Characters: Han Solo, mostly.
    Genre: Songfic, AU, One-post story (two of those I swore I'd never write!).
    Keywords: Han, AU, Empire, slavery.
    Summary: Han, when captured by notorious pirate Crimson Jack, does not escape. Instead, he is sold to the Empire, who enslaves him and forces him to fight against the Rebels. Although Han has not cared for the Rebellion in the past, he is definitely growing to hate the Empire.
    Notes: Lyrics are from the song 'Far Away Coast' by Dropkick Murphys, with a couple words changed to fit the Star Wars universe. Not sure how good at writing Han I'm gonna be, considering I've only read one book that had him in it. Ah well, it's a challenge.

----

Here in the trenches, the fist of the Beast,
    For fear of an atmosphere poisoned, deceased,
    With a gas mask to keep me from breathing my death,
    It?s Corellian soil I hope for at best.
    But the duty I serve can?t begin to compare,
    To my ancestor?s battles and wars through the years.
    Though the loneliness strikes like an enemy shell,
    I pray for my home but still sit here in hell.

Daring to peek out of the foxhole, he shot down another rebel. One threw another poison gas grenade, but his mask filtered out its toxins. All the deadly cloud did was cover him in a smoky shroud, making it harder for them to hit him. But he could still see fine.

Really, he wished he couldn?t. One rebel?s helmet flew off, revealing the face of a young blond kid. Han promptly shot him. It hurt deep inside, fighting for the Empire ? but Crimson Jack had sold him to them, they made him their slave, and now he had no choice. He only watched out for himself anyway.

But still, here was Han Solo, hero of the Rebellion, slaughtering teenagers at the Emperor?s whim. It was a good thing he had a mask on, for if the Imperial commanders saw how he grimaced with each squeeze of the trigger, they would shoot him down right then. The only way he could justify to himself what he was doing was to trick his brain into believing he was helping Corellia; but that would imply that Corellia was aligned with the Empire. Either way, he hated the situation.

To his right, he saw another wave of rebels charging towards his group?s emplacement. He turned the barrel of his gun towards them, until he realized their numbers. There were well over 30 soldiers charging him and the other five. He, both out of fear and a longing to get away from the Empire, began to back up. The gun that pressed into his back told him to stay. He crouched back down, closed his eyes, and fired rapidly.

Sail away to a place that's unknown,
    Taken away from my friends and my home,
    To a place they call sacred, a place I call hell!
    I long for that corner I once knew so well.

Now he didn?t know what planet he was on. He had been transplanted here, on direct orders from Darth Vader. His old squad hadn?t followed. From what he gathered, they had been imprisoned yet again. It was a shame; he had almost liked that Advozsec fellow.

But now he and his new slave-mates were dropping towards some frozen wasteland. His new commander shouted that this was for the true Imperial cause, and ? this was the kicker for Han ? that they should be proud of what they?re doing. Han secretly feared that he was becoming proud of it. After three years of forced murder, his body and mind had almost accepted his new position in life, and his heart hated him for it. This ended up manifesting as being insubordinate, much to the apparently very violent chagrin of his superiors. His mind thought he was an idiot at every turn.

?We have landed. Load your weapons, slaves, and remember not to be afraid to give your lives for the Imperial cause! If you don?t, you shall lose it anyway,? the stony-faced commander reasoned.

?Well, you?re a great motivator, aren?t you?? Han seethed. The man moved close to him.

?I have no reason to be. This ship?s weapon systems, lo

2. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    ?I?d just as soon kiss a Wookiee, which I hear you corrupt Imperials secretly do on a regular basis.?

Great line!

I'm a huge fan of the Dropkick Murphys and I think it was a great pic for this piece. Nice job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.