main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Far Beyond - Update 4/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarkDroid, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkDroid

DarkDroid Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Chapter Four Part Eight

Without even the slightest movement, Raven?s blaster pistol and Dopey?s bowcaster were crushed under the might of the Force, sending sparks in every direction. For fear of burning their hands, both Raven and the Wookiee dropped their flaming weapons, grabbing their scorched hand with the other in a desperate attempt to cool down.

Kranger simply stood and outstretched his right hand and called for his lighstaber, as he had predicted before. Raven?s belt clip broke under the pressure of mystical energy, and the the blade?s hilt ended up in Kranger?s possession once more, igniting and glowing in all of its blue glory. The corner of his lip curled in a modest sign of victory.

?There is an old Jedi proverb that says a pirate?s wisedom is not to be underestimated, Mister Darko.? Kranger stepped towards the frightened Corellian, who stumbled backwards and fell upon a root on his backside. ?Have you heard it before?? Kranger waved his lightsaber in the air, as it cackled and glowed in the dark night.

Raven swallowed a lump in his throat that prevented him from saying anything to spite the Jedi. He was paralyzed by what little light there was emitting from both the Jedi?s blade, and his discarded helmet laying on the ground. Raven struggled to stay calm as he laid his head back on a root to try to relax his intense worries.

?Well, have you Mister Darko?? Kranger repeated, pointing his blade relatively close to Raven?s neck.

?M-maybe.? Raven managed, stammering. He had lost his Corellian charm at the moment and could only hope Dopey was alright. It seemed as if though the cowardly Wookiee was hiding or unconscious even: maybe, if Raven was lucky, the Wookiee was preparing to pounce upon Kranger, but it was likely the Jedi would?ve already taken note on that possibility.

?Don?t worry.? Kranger said reassuringly, with a taunting smile. ?I won?t kill you.? He inched the pinnicle of his blade away from Raven?s neck, to show his seriousness: a downpayment on Raven?s use.

?That?s what I expected. Don?t want the bounty hunter guild coming after you, eh?? Raven remarked with a toothy grin and a chuckle.

?No,? Kranger replied. The Jedi?s voice turned somber. ?I?m?we?re,? Kranger corrected his self, ?looking for a ship. By the sounds of it, you seem to have a one; a very fast ship, judging by your bragging.?

?You guessed right.? Raven said, seeming more relaxed in the company of the Jedi Knight. ?Have you heard of the Speedy Kroc by any chance?

?It doesn?t ring a bell.? Kranger replied. ?Then again, should I have??

?Well of course; she?s the fastest pile of garbage in the Galaxy, mind you. I couldn?t have broken the Kessel Run record if it hadn?t been for her. Not to mention she?ll outrun any Alliance or Legion cruisers.? Raven smiled and cocked a brow, having come to a conclusion. ?You wouldn?t have run into any Legion business have you? That?s why you need my ship isn?t it; to get off this stinkin? rock and flee the Syndicate??

?Maybe.? Kranger?s blade hovered above the smuggler?s vulnerable chest. He could sense Dopey?s presence behind him, hidden amongst the bushes. The furry fiend was clearly preparing an ambush. ?You should tell your Wookiee friend to back off, or else you?ll find your selves both dead faster than you can say Hutt scum.? Kranger threatened. The Jedi tried his best to sound intimidating enough to scare Raven into following orders.

Raven shook his head, disappointed in the Wookiee?s dishonorable ways. Kranger watched the smuggler?s eyes drift over his shoulders. ?Dopey, give it up, alright. He?s a friendly one.? The Corellian?s gaze shifted towards Kranger?s. ?I hope.? He added.

?Quit tempting my blade.? Kranger relieved his lightsaber into a more leisurely position, pointing it diagnolly towards the ground. ?I have deducted a truce is in order.? Kranger offered his free hand to Raven, who was frowning at the Jedi?s previous statement.

Unenthusiastic of the Jedi?s proposition, Raven cautiously accepted the offer, contributing no

2. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    It seems my readers have become one with the Force... :p

Anyways, it's time to announce another far future epic, tentatively titled "A Spectral Epoch". It's set in the Far Beyond storyline, except three hundred years earlier. It's currently being planned out, and I have no idea whether or not I'll be posting it.

I might be reviving bits of the Dark Interventions storyline for it too... ;) :D

3. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    I'm catching up, DD, and enjoying it alot :D

4. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Take your time Bri. :)

5. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Chapter Four Part Nine

It was a brisk morning in Nov Montrel?s marketplace. Krono could tell by the goosebumps on his exposed forearms and the growing cold on his fingertips. His eyes looked up only to see heavy fog covering the sky, as usual, thick and darkening. There was not any difference between night and day on Dagobah, with the exception of the night growing intensively colder and less humid. The days were still bitter and the distinction was only felt by those sensitive to the cold. Krono wished for a heavy jacket to wrap his body within, shivering in the frosty air.

Krono found his self in company of OD, roaming the marketplace for ingredients for tonight?s dinner. Lex had given Krono a list on a crumpled piece of paper, and the items were diffcult to make out in the wrinkles. He had checked off the swamp root that Lex uses as a powerful spice in her wonderful homemade stew. Krono could almost taste the hot drippings of the stew on his tongue, and felt pity for OD, since the protocol droid could not feel such a tremendous sensation.

The next item on the list was almost unreadable because of the ink, and Krono decided he would ask Lex later and apologize for missing the ingredient. Krono then checked off muja juice, hawkbat broth and nerf meat, and double checked the groceries to make sure his errand was complete. Lex had told him to get double the usual quantities, and that left Krono wondering if they were receiving company tonight. OD was burdened with the task of carrying the groceries through the marketplace.

As they reached the outer limits of the market, OD began to speak troubling news. ?It seems as if though Mistress Mars is preparing for a feast!? OD exclaimed redundantly, repeating Krono?s hidden thoughts. He was lumbering back and forth, trying to balance the heavy load of bagged foodstuff in his arms. ?I?m not sure if I can make it back to the homestead, Master Krono: my joints are not quite enjoying this experience.?

Krono grinned. ?I?ll have to reprogram you when we get back, OD. You must have a bug in your circuits: you?re not designed to complain like that.?

?Oh my,? OD said whimsically.

As the duo walked past the yelling merchants and beggars, a pair of greasy Gammoreans came their way, snorting with laughter. They were quite noticeable in the crowd of humans and greatly variating population of aliens milling in the street. Krono and OD tried their best to avoid the rambunctious stout aliens, both knowing that any Gammoreans meant trouble, as they were usually agents and mercenaries used by the local Hutt Syndicate.

However, one of them approached OD and tripped the poor protocol droid, sending the parcels of food flying. The crowd scattered after witnessing this, but paid no attention to help the droid. Beggars ran to grab what they could of the fallen groceries, some even pathetically gobbling up the raw nerf meat and swamp root. OD laid on his back in the midst of confusion, shaking his arms and legs in an attempt to get back on his feet. The Gammorean chuckled at the droid?s dilemma.

?Oh dear! Watch where you?re going you gargantuan brute! If I had been programmed for combat protocol surely you?d find yourself regretting your mistake.? The droid went beyond his etiquette protocol and tormented the Gammorean who had tripped OD. ?You should apologize to Master Krono this instant and pay for the damages you?ve caused!?

Krono shook his head and immediately came between the droid and the Gammorean, rasing his hands in surrender. ?Please, please. It was all a mistake!? Krono pleaded, knowing that Gammoreans can get easily frustrated when the blame is placed upon them.

The other Gammorean approached in snorting laughter, pointing at the droid. His buddy punched him in the stomach to show behavior was needed. They consulted with each other in grunts, squeals and snorts. The first one pointed at Krono and squealed delightly in a high pitch.

?These two will be perfect.? Krono heard an unexpected voice behind him.

Krono looked over his shoulder

6. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Chapter Four Part Ten

Feeba the Hutt felt very jolly this dreadful afternoon.

His laughter echoed amongst the crowded ballroom in his grandiose palace, displacing the tune of the irregular music played by a rather under paid band. The sound of electronic organs and drums echoed, and the shrieking singing of the Wookiee female lead was quite repulsive, but the crowd didn?t mind, since most were drunk and in spice highs.

Feeba enjoyed his majestic home, though the walls were rusted and grimey and the patrons lowly and scandalous. The ceiling stretched onwards forever, giving the room a sense of scope and greatness. Feeba rested upon his throne, feasting on swamp slugs encased in a jar at arm?s length, watching his aqquired prositiutes and sex slaves dance to the music. The central dance floor in front of him was crowded with the dancing and frolicking of these women slaves begging for the Hutt?s attention.

He clapped, giving the slaves uneeded praise. The girls smiled upon his compliment, basking in the glory of serving such a revered gangster. Feeba laughed gleefully at the slaves? competence: they knew what they were supposed to do, and the girls, alien and human, carried out their jobs exceptionally wonderful and fulfilling.

As Feeba clapped sluggishly and moronically, his Nikto aid came to his ear and whispered a startling report. The Hutt crimelord ceased his enjoyment of the dance to listen in.

?We have new aquistitions.?

Feeba?s grin stretched in excitement as the Nikto left. The Hutt began to laugh, clapping once more. ?Bring them in! Bring them in!? He roared, excited about his new delivery.

The crowd stood still, the slaves stepped aside and the music stopped abruptly, making way for a tall being cloaked in black and several ?aqquisitions? as Feeba referred to them. The man in black standing before Feeba looked up, revealing scarred and deformed facial features, gazing at the Hutt?s buggy eyes with his own fierce and golden bulbs.

?Dreath, my friend, you bring me good tidings again this week?? Feeba asked, delightful of his prized bounty hunter. ?You?ve been busy, I see.? Feeba took a look at the many living possessions that Dreath had brought to bargain with: two droids, an astromech and a protocol droid, two girls, one considerably young and the other much older, a teenaged boy and an amphibian-like alien that hid its eyes under floppy ears. Each was crudely chained, to prevent escape.

?Of course,? Dreath growled, his lipless mouth not differentiating his tone of voice. ?I have slaves aplenty for you amusement. I need a price however. I believe a price tag much higher than before is in need.?

?What price are we talking, Dreath? You know I can?t spare anymore credits than I need to.? Feeba chuckled and plucked a swamp slug from the jar: it wriggled and screamed before being plunged into the abyss of Feeba?s mouth.

?Triple, for one of my aqquisistions.? Dreath waved one of the slaves to his side: the young girl, in tattered robes and her beautiful face lathered with smudged makeup and tears. Dreath gripped her shoulder, inspecting her. ?The rest are reasonably priced for your liking.? He turned to Feeba with a serious gaze.

?The girl will do no good for triple. I?ll give you half price for what I usually give you.? Feeba bargained, trying to reason with the bounty hunter. ?She wouldn?t make a great dancer for years. For the older one, I could understand, but this must surely be a sick joke.?

Dreath snarled, angered by the Hutt?s ignorance. ?You will know better once you realize who this young lady is, Lord Feeba.? Dreath laughed, and held his original offer. He watched Feeba frown in thought and doubt. Dreath had the Hutt curled around his finger at last.

It was a wonderful business proposition.

7. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Things are getting spooky! Good update, DD, I like this Hutt guy.

8. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Things are gonna get spookier... [face_devil] [face_skull]

BTW, I forgot to mention that was the end of the chapter. Next chapter, we'll get our hands into some dirty business. :D [face_devil]

9. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Chapter Five - The Villians Unite Part One

The world of Aquilea hung in raucous space, as thousands of capital warships gathered in the planet?s orbit. Exiting out of hyperspace were even more ships to join the mammoth cluster of vessels, including the infamous flagship of Darth Raze, Dark Victory. The flagship led a hundred more ships of its own design, in the relatively delicate formation of a triangle. Within moments, Raze?s flotilla would reach Aquilea?s orbit and combine with the other ships to conjure a grand total of nine-thousand, six-hundred and eighty-nine Sith warships, along with countless more capital support craft and untold numbers of starfighters, freighters and shuttles. It was a fleet meant to attack with fear and efficiency, never sleeping. The gargantuan fleet only represented the elite of the elite, the most powerful of the feared. Tens of thousands more battled across many fronts, busy keeping the pitiful enemy occupied as many greater plans were forged.

Darth Raze enjoyed the sight of such grandeur. This is the empire the Dark Legion had managed to build in such a short amount of time. Thousands of warships had been constructed for the war since the Legion?s official creation five years ago. Contractors from across many worlds signed onto the construction of these deadly instruments, harboring dozens of highly productive shipyards, run by slaves captured during the Legion?s raids through the many primitive and untouched worlds in the Unknown Region. What an ostentatious empire they, the Sith Lords, have erected into supremacy. The Sith General stood on the bridge, enjoying a vision come true; nothing can stop the Dark Legion?s mighty war machine.

There is no hope for the Alliance, for it has been squashed by the impending threat of chaos.

In the center of the mass was a great vessel, twenty seven kilometers long, shaped like a slender, piercing blade glossed in a suit of shadow. It was the glorious flagship of the entire Dark Legion, Necromancer. Just the mere mention of the vessel?s name brought terror to even the most hardened Alliance villain. It had been built over the period of the Dark Legion?s creation, wrought in a shroud of secrey and tyranny in the Unknown Regions, constructed under the Alliance?s nose for many years.

Necromancer was a deathly centerpiece; the heart of morale in the Legion and the carrier of the plague that tears away at the skin and bones of the Alliance. Witnessing the Ultra Sith Warship invigorated Raze?s hate for the weak, knowing nothing could destroy the Dark Legion in its current state of military prowess. He recollected that he set foot upon the Necromancer many times to receive order from the Emperor, yet Darth Raze was never called to a rarely anticipated calling of the Council aboard the flagship. This was quite the unique event, since all Council meetins were usually held on Aquilea?s surface, inside the grand halls of the Dark Parliament.

There could have been something happening down below, like a rebellion of the natives for instance, Raze concluded needlessly. Whatever the reason for the location, the change was sure enough meant for the Council?s safety: there was no doubt in the Sith General?s mind.

Still relishing his thoughts, Raze sensed Commander Jac?jaw approaching from behind. ?Yes, Commander?? the Sith Lord rumbled through his breathe mask, inquiring of the Commander?s arrival.

?My Lord, your shuttle is ready. The Council requests your immediate attention.? Jac?jaw informed Darth Raze with utmost fraility in his voice, having been intimidated by the likes of the Council?s message.

?Notify the Council I have returned from destroying planets and killing Jedi, and I do not like being rushed upon my return. They will have to be patient with my coming for there is no reason to hurry: the demise of the Alliance is only at arm?s length. Tell this to the Council, and they will have no choice but to obey.?

?May I ask what then, if they deny your wishes?? Jac?jaw asked.

?The Council knows better than to reques

10. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Upping this in celebration of A Spectral Epoch. :D

11. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    There's going to be no updates for November for any of my fics, unfortunately. I'm participating in NaNoWriMo, so, it'll be impossible to update. [face_plain] :( I might be able to update A Spectral Epoch, because the next few updates don't require a lot of effort to refurbish. :p

12. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    I got a little sidetracked with writing my original novel and got to writing the next part, so I'd expect an update tonight. [face_dancing] :D

13. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    OK, caught up now DD. I like where this is going :D

14. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Glad to see you're back Spike. By any chance did you read A Spectral Epoch yet? [face_mischief]

Anyways, a little delay in the update... computer problems arose last night and I couldn't quite finish the second part. [face_frustrated] So the end of the week at the lastest, because I have a lot happening.

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Did I read what?

*does a search*

16. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Chapter Five Part Two

Whispers of the past swirled in the dark reaches of his mind. The touch of times gone past still lingered in his soul, ever eluding the grasp of shadow and might. He remembered long gone enemies survivors of his wrath. He recollected old friends and dying breathrens. He reseized the notion of supreme tyranny and might, only briefly, as the future pervaded his train of thought.

And what a glorious future it would be: a prosperous Empire of untold riches and supremacy.

Darth Raze acknowledged the outcome of his destiny. Raze would kill the Emperor and claim the throne, rising above his Sith fellows. The Emperor forseen this and disclosed the vision to Raze, not being able to prevent the inevitable, yet the Emperor persisted in its delay. Raze pondered on his Master?s reasoning, inside the void of light.

He was alone, locked inside his containment. He regained precious strength through needles pressuring into the grey remains of his skin: power was not without pain. Raze smiled, remembering the proverb as he embraced his anguish.

Raze fed upon the nutrients pumping into his decaying body through the course of many tubes and syringes. The Sith General?s life support chamber was essential to monitering the breath regulators, four robotic limbs and rotting, scarred flesh that plagued Raze?s torso and head. Within this dark prison, Darth Raze was weak, yet the Dark Side would protect the Sith Lord from all harm.

Raze felt his breathe mask attach around the lower portion of his face. With the Force, he commanded the chamber open, like a hatching, black, Hssiss egg. Darth Raze, still attached to stinging needles, pivoted on the dais within, his bloodshot eyes adapting to the sudden change of light, though the few floating luminescent spheres were dim and cloaked much of the room with shadow. His mechanical appendages and mutilated chest were naked, without a tunic and caped, but in essence, the Sith Lord was clothed in power, his lightsaber placed by his side.

There was something not quite right, Darth Raze deducted through his fine tuning of the Force. He had felt a fine shiver in the relative tranquilty of the room. There was danger admist, inside Raze?s very chambers. His mechanized, clawed fingers twitched with excitement, and his breath became still with anticipation.

The terror lept from behind.

A humanoid shaped droid lunged at the Sith General from the dimness behind, wielding a double-edged vibro-sword. Raze could tell the type of weapon the assassin was carrying by the distinctive hum that whizzed through the air as the sword was spun twice and being brought down vertically to strike over the Sith Lord?s right shoulder. Before the blade could connect with flesh and blood, the assassin droid froze in midair, petrified by Raze?s Dark Side ability.

The dais rotated, allowing the Sith General to come face to face with his attacker. Raze recognized the scarlet droid model as an HK-2000, an expensive and highly treacherous version. He knew of these models, since Raze had deployed the HK-200 series during an invasion in the earlier stages of war. The General?s eyes stared at the mindless set of three sensory lenses fixated on the droid?s otherwise featureless face.

?Droids disgust me.? Raze growled, beginning to crush the robot with the pressure of the Dark Side. The Sith General?s grasp generated a flow of blue sparks, literally oozing from the droid?s neck joint.

"I despise their inability to think; their inability to grasp inevitability." Raze squinted his eyes in anger.

Once the droid was rendered inoperable, its double vibro-sword clattered on the floor. The whir of gears diminshed as the HK-2000?s power supply overload from the immense Force grip, and the droid sensor lenses flickered off as it finally laid dead before a very, very angry Sith Lord.

17. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    There's an update in the works for today or tomorrow. :)

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice lil update there anyway :D

19. Uldir_Fenn

Uldir_Fenn Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Back up to date.

20. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    The update's coming along, very, very slowly. I had to rewrite it several times. :oops:

21. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Chapter Five Part Three

The Council of the Sith Generals began the gathering with utmost ferocity. Debates rose. Tranquil dicussion turned into violent arguments. Subjects changed abruptly from Outer Rim territories to the destruction of the Jedi Knights. It was the usual union of villians, some may digress. To the Sith, it was a reunion of enemies.

Twelve Sith Lords sat alongside the round table, with several servant droids at their sides. One seat still laid empty. A holographic display of the flagship Necromancer and several warships flickered before the arguing Sith, projected by the table?s centered transceiver.

Around the table, the Dark Lords sat and plotted their seeds of evil. The council consisted of a great variety of villains and brought forth five of the most notorious Sith Lords in the Galaxy. The first being Darth Ak?may, a rather concealed figure.

Ak?may sat closest to the entrance, right of the lone, vacant chair. His golden left eye radiated an eerie glow, while his other, a blood red orb of dispair and angst, shone dismally in comparison. Ak?may?s hood covered his facial features: no one outside of the council has ever seen his countenance, for Ak?may thought it was dishonorable to manifest his real identity to those below his stature.

Darth Fere sat to Ak?may?s far left, in the blue uniform of the Elite Command. With a neatly trimmed handle-bar mustache and a polished, bald head, he was a distinguished gentleman in the eyes of many, often thought to be well mannered and suited for royalty. These assumptions, of course, were not true. Fere was once a prestigious soldier that climbed the ranks of the Elite Command, a warrior sect within the Dark Legion dedicated to the protection of the Emperor. His brutal loyalty allowed Fere to ascend the ranks of the Elite into Sith, and he became one of the Emperor?s favoured servants. Fere?s grey, malnorished skin signified his long time being as a Sith Lord and an agent of evil.

Darth Heinos sat opposite to Darth Fere, a large, fierce, black-furred Togorian dressed in ragged, grey cloth. His slit pupils widened in the dark, which allowed his ferocity and aggressivness to radiate amongst the council. He purred continuously and on occasion, Heinos? purr would turn into a growl and his feline lips would roll up to reveal a set of sharp, pricked teeth. Heinos? pirate background made him a formidable foe with a blaster and a melee weapon, and he was considered to be one of the top Sith Lords at the meeting.

The last prominent Sith Lord was Darth Hazar, a slender, crimson and scantily clad Falleen woman. Her face cloaked, she watched her adversaries from within the confined darkness surrouding her vision. She held and swished her drink with a scarlet gloved hand that concealed her reptilian skin. Though hidden in shadow, her colleagues saw the twisted, innocent smile that never leaves her face.

The seven others sat amongst their superiors, in awe and envy of their power over the Dark Legion. Most, if not all, of their identities were unknown other than to the Emperor and the six Sith Masters. They were meant to be agents of espionage and sabotage, loyal apprentices that would replace any of the fallen masters.

If there were to be a significant of this group, it would be Kazad Harmoni, a Shistavanen Wolfman that trained under the wing of Darth Heinos. Kazad closely resembled his feline trainer, with his canine face was scrunched in unesscessary anger. Kazad sat next to his master?s right, quiet and attentive, pardon his habit of clicking his clawed fingers upon the table top. The council knew that Kazad was exceptional in the art of lightsaber combat, after having witnessed an infuriating battle between Kazad and another student once. The student, a poor, deserving Rodian, was slain in an instant when Kazad managed to brutally seperate his opponent?s head from its body within the first few seconds of combat.

The chatter continued amongst the council, and the arguments had spread thin.

?We cannot ignore the conflict in

22. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Anyways, just a little announcement... hopefully I'll be doing weekly updates again. I've just been concentrating on some original work for the past few months and I've recently picked fan fiction back up.

The next update will be within the week. I promise. :)

23. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Chapter Five Part Four

The holographic display of the gathering warships disappeared, as expected. The fuzzy, life-sized sillouette of Darth Agonous appeared and seemingly floated above the table. The Emperor's face was cloaked and his mind shrouded with shadow, preventing even his highest servants to witness his identity. His back was slightly hunched, with old age having curled his spine. In his right hand, the Emperor held a gnarled cane to support his frail body. To the untrained eye Darth Agonous seemed defenseless and feeble, and perhaps that could be true. No one has tested the physical strength of the Emperor, but too few have come face to face with his cruel mentality and lived. Those who lived, joined the Dark Side.

Raze stood and bowed to greet his master. "Lord Agonous, Emperor of the Dark Legion. We welcome you to this gathering, my master." He bowed once more and sat and gave his full attention to the holographic image.

"We welcome you, supreme master." The rest of the Sith Council spoke in perfect unison.

"Lord Raze." The Emperor hissed. He ignored the others and called upon his favoured servant.

"What is thy bidding, my master?" Raze inquired. His gaze was fixated on the dark, endless abyss of the Emperor's hooded face.

"The endeavor to end your life is troubling." The Emperor stated the obvious with good reason. He paused briefly. "You must stand your guard at all times. For there will be more attempts to murder you in the near future by members of our Order." The Emperor spoke as if he was the murderer, but Raze quickly deducted that the Emperor had forseen these possible shortcomings.

Raze shivered, for the first time in years. Nothing ventures past the Emperor: not even the slightest scent of fear from lightyears away. Not even a thought of betrayal. How the identity of the failed assassin eluded the Emperor's senses, Raze did not know, unless his master hid a very dangerous secret. It was highly probable in this case: Raze knew the Emperor as an insidious foe with infinite identities and cause.

Surprisingly, Lord Agonous cackled. The short burst of laughter sounded unnatural, like a insect trying to escape the Emperor's throat, yet his amusment electrified the council into utmost horror. The Emperor clapped his idle hand atop the other holding his crutch.

"Good, good." The Emperor said. His excitement radiated the room. "I feel everyone's fear. You are all afraid. Aren't you?" Angonous snapped.

The Emperor removed one of his hands from his cane, and clenched his gnarled fingers together.

Raze heard a gasp for air and, quickly, his eyes scanned the room. He saw one of the hooded apprentices holding his neck in anguish, struggling against an invisible opponent. Deprived of precious air, the lowly Sith collapsed from his seat. The apprentice's metal armor made a heavy, echoing thud against the floor. Everyone seated around the table winced, except for Lord Raze.

The Emperor's wrath was unsurprising, but incredible. Raze admired his master's lack of hesitation. He watched Lord Agonous laugh again, amused by death of trifle beings.

"You all should be afraid." The Emperor spat. He relaxed his arm. "But you are not. Your visions cloud you. You believe you have no fear of me, because have each foreseen your rise to power."

Once again, there was silence in the room. The Emperor had awaken doubt in their minds. Lord Raze felt the secrets rush out of his fellows' minds. They gushed with ideals and plans, hatred and jealousy. All of them had been misled by foolish visions of power. Each of their lust began to fad away.

"So it is true, as I have expected." The Emperor complemented his grievous words with a frown.

"There is no question: you all have thoughts of betrayal. Except for..." The Emperor trailed off and pointed at Raze. "Lord Raze."

Raze stood to Agonous' request. "Yes, my master?" Confusion did not wash over Raze's mind as to why the Emperor singled him out: he had destroyed that emotion long ago.

"You are the strongest of my students

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    That was a good update DD, and I like the new Emperor. But the coding for the last chapter really spoiled it.

And Nooooooooooo! You killed the Ewok general :(

25. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Oh dear... I hadn't noticed those... er... thingies there. :mad:

Meh. I'll fix it later. [face_tired]

...And yes, he's dead. Forever. [face_mischief] I just don't know how he dies yet... [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.