main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Far Cry 5

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DebonaireNerd, May 27, 2017.

1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    The Hillbillies Have Eyes:

ZY-Fighter and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  2. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Just read that FC5's campaign will be fully playable under co-op. That will be interesting.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Couch co-op or just online? Or is that still TBA?

4. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    TBA for now. But, I would expect couch co-op will be the way to go, especially for the console versions. LAN would be great for PC.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd expect the opposite, but I hope I'm wrong.

6. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I have yet to get to playing 4 or Primal, but this is definitely a direction I didn't think the series would go so it is interested! I keep hoping Jack Carver and his crazy powers will show up eventually hehe.

7. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Super excited for this. I like the idea of having it set in the US, and the features announced so far sound great.

8. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm yet to find a game in the series to replace FC3. I loved Blood Dragon for its overall spoof quality but it wasn't a true entry into the series. FC4 had a production line feel to it to such a point that FC4 felt more like an expansion or spinoff of FC3 more than BD. This upcoming instalment looks like it's making an attempt to be different again which is why the trailer has left me optimistic.

9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm going to buy this purely to spite the people who are howling over this game's "controversial" content.

Fandalorian likes this.
  10. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    DebonaireNerd I agree completely - while I enjoyed FC4 (the "gyrocopter" - not a true gyrocopter BTW - was a fantastic addition) I saw it as an expansion of FC3, or even a reskin! It was just so similar I felt it didn't deserve to be a numbered entry. I only ever played the demo of BD but I did enjoy it.

As soon as the teasers started for FC5 I've been stupidly excited - coincidentally I had been reading up on militias and extreme Christian cults on Wikipedia! - and the videos coming out of E3 have only served to enhance that excitement. Each night my wife and I have been watching another playthrough from YouTube and just drooling over the possibilities.

DebonaireNerd likes this.
  11. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I'm definitely in for FC 5. Skipped FC Primal, but loved the rest of the series.

12. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    So, anyone purchase FC 5?

Been playing about 2 weeks now myself. Taking it slow, enjoying all the side quests, and exploring the beautiful sandbox. Trying not to rush through the main story campaign too fast.

Anyway, already finished with John's region, and working my way through Faith's. Without being too spolierific, I'll just say I'm really enjoying the creepy almost supernatural aspect of Faith's region. Almost like a mini zombie game built into the main game. Very cool.