main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Thriller Far Cry: An Island Survival Adventure

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Reynar_Tedros, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Ktala

Ktala Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Carrie Bander
    The beach...

As Carrie spoke with Leon, Carrie turned at the sound of someone clearing their throat. She turned, and the woman she had helped to the fire, was standing up now. “I’m sorry to interrupt, but if I could be of some help…” she trailed off momentarily, as if struggling with something. “My husband…h-he hasn’t turned up yet, but if I could do something - anything - to assist with the efforts, maybe I can give myself some hope.” The woman smiled, taking a step closer. “I’m Becky, by the way. I don’t think I properly introduced myself earlier with everything going on. I’m sure you understand.”

Carrie smiled and then looked over at Leon. She chuckled softly, and then shook her head. "I dont think anyone is going to call you out on anything 'proper' today. She slowly nodded, as she scanned the area near the flames. 7 people. With one possibly missing somewhere else down the beach. One unconscious. Carrie didnt know what to think. She looked back over at Becky. "Well, it would help, if you could just check on everyone. Right now, we're discussing that we're going to need some more firewood soon, if we're going to keep the fire going. And Im not too thrilled about going to get it either. But we have no choice. We need to get everyone dry and warm. Also, someone might see it, and get us rescued. So we cant afford to lose it right now. But...." Carrie looked off into the dark woods. "We're gonna need some folks to keep an eye on everyone here. In case this island is not so deserted. Unless you got any ideas?"

Carrie waited to hear what anyone else might have to offer.

Tag: spacelady, NickLitYouAFlame, HanSolo29, Point Given, Heavy Isotope, Vehn, Reynar_Tedros

Heavy Isotope, Vehn and HanSolo29 like this.
  2. Vehn

Vehn Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Leon Dufort
    The Beach

Leon listened while Carrie explained the group's predicament. As he did so he saw that the remaining survivors had gathered around the fire to get warm, to recharge, to figure out how they were going to go forward with the first day of what could possibly be the rest of their lives. He didn't want to advertise his military experience. Not because he was ashamed but because he had grown tired of leading people. Leading people to salvation, leading people to their deaths, leading people, period.

He watched quietly while Carrie and Becky talked. He felt for Becky. He really did. Losing a partner, a spouse, had to have been hard. Being isolated out here in the middle of the Atlantic on an island that may or may not have been previously discovered was even harder. He wanted to console her, tell her that everything was going to be okay, but he stopped himself. Everyone processed grief in their own way. Sometimes those acts of kindness could really foul things up.

Leon looked up at the lightening sky. Dawn would be upon them soon. That meant heat. That meant a need for shade. He felt Carrie and Becky staring at him as he returned his gaze to theirs. They were wanting his guidance. They were wanting his experience. He'd led men into combat before. That had been survival. So was this.

"We need to get started making shelters. Keep the sun off our faces. Secondly, someone, anyone, needs to go looking for a spring, fresh water. Food is another priority. I don't know what sort of wild beasts live on this island but I would imagine boar for starters. They're quick and fast. Very dangerous. For now, foraging for any fruit would be a good start. I suggest we remain close to the beach but keep in mind we are defenseless. We don't know what else is living on this island. I don't want us caught off guard if we need to suddenly retreat."

"My name is Leon Dufort for those of you who do not know me," Leon announced to the group, "I have served most of my years in the Foreign Legion in conflicts ranging from Bosnia to Mali to Afghanistan. I have survival experience, yes, but I need your help. If we all work together we will be stronger and more likely to survive whatever is coming. Listen to Carrie and Becky as well. Communicate, think, and don't do anything stupid."

Leon quieted down as he gave a nod to Carrie. She had a good head on her shoulders. So did Becky. Now the real work was beginning. Now the rough going was just getting started.

Tag: Ktala;HanSolo29;spacelady; Reynar_Tedros; et al

Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Rebecca Cochran
    The Beach

Inclining her head, Becky turned her face into the wind and closed her eyes to reflect on their situation. As she had expected, the solider – Leon – was more than capable of ensuring their survival…and if need be, assisting in her cause. But again, she silently berated herself for thinking so selfishly when they had a whole island of survivors who needed varying degrees of attention. She was not oblivious to the fact that there were injuries and that both Leon and Carrie had been correct in that they needed to make shelter, find food and take care of other essentials. What she hadn't counted on was being named one of the impromptu leaders. What did she know about survival? Other than what she had been able to glean from her experience as a field reporter, it did not amount to much.

Still, out of all the tasks that needed to be completed, she could make herself the most useful by walking the beach and collecting firewood and other materials to be used for the shelters. While she didn't particularly like the idea of wandering away from the rest of the group, it did offer her the excuse to search for Will. "I can take this side of the beach," she announced, gesturing to her right. "And start gathering what I can. Maybe some things even washed ashore from the crash. It's not that far out." She squinted into the distance, trying to track the wreckage in the dim light of the early morning. There wasn't much to see at this point, but she was sure it was still there.

"If anyone wants to tag along, you're more than welcomed to." With her palms turned upward, she scanned the group. "I could always use the company--"

Her voice trailed off as she caught a glimpse of two figures lying upon the sand. They were partially in shadow due to the flickering fire, but even from this distance, she was able to recognize the young woman and her would-be suitor from the plane. How could she forget the faces of the two players that had contributed to such an awkward situation? She hadn't ignored the suggestive glances that her husband had placed upon the other woman, but now, she was her only connection to Will. After all, she had been with them when they had jumped from the plane.

"Oh God…" she muttered as she hurried over to the couple. Kneeling down, she placed one hand on the woman's shoulder and the other on the unmoving form of the young man. "Haley, is it? Did you find him like this?" She swallowed hard, hoping that Will had not met the same fate.

TAG: spacelady, Ktala, Vehn, Reynar_Tedros, others on beach

Vehn and spacelady like this.
  4. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Haley Gordon

She felt haggard and every muscle ached as she attempted dragging the unconscious Mathias up the shore, her eyes focused on the fire up ahead. It was her goal and her hope. Her eyes stung as a wave of tears pressed into them as images from the crash flooded her mind once more. It was such a terrifying thing to experience, who knew how she survived such an incredible and violent crash. Her legs gave way under the strain of pulling a man's body along the beach and from the impact of the water. She choked out a sob and ran her hands through her salt-crusted hair, desperation and fear filling her core. How... how would they even survive this beach? Could they find a way off of it? And what other dangers lurked out in the trees beyond the reaches of the light of the fire? She looked to Mathias, praying he would wake up.

A hand fell onto her shoulder, making the young workout guru visibly jump at the sudden appearance of another woman. Haley stared back and blinked a few times, trying to clear her vision from the tears.

"Haley, is it? Did you find him like this?" The woman spoke up.

Her brows furrowed slightly. "I... uh - yeah..." Her mind felt incredibly fuzzy. She looked familiar. Where did she know her from? And how did she end up finding Mathias again? "I - I found him in the water... He's breathing, but only just barely." Haley managed out, her throat scratchy and hurting to use and her eyes met the woman's as recognition filtered in her foggy head. "Ah... you were on the plane with me. You - you sat next to me. I'm so glad you're okay..." She breathed out and couldn't help the tears filling her eyes once more.

Tag: HanSolo29, Ktala, Vehn, Point Given, Heavy Isotope, NickLitYouAFlame, and Reynar_Tedros

Vehn and HanSolo29 like this.
  5. Ktala

Sep 7, 2002
    Carrie Bander
    The beach...

Carrie sat down on the warm sand, listening as Leon spoke. She looked over at the woman who's husband was missing, when she spoke. "I can take this side of the beach," she announced, gesturing to her right. "And start gathering what I can. Maybe some things even washed ashore from the crash. It's not that far out." She squinted into the distance. She continue to speak, as she looked out in the darkness.

"If anyone wants to tag along, you're more than welcomed to." With her palms turned upward, she scanned the group. "I could always use the company--" the woman's voice trailed off as she caught a glimpse of something. "Oh God…" she muttered as she hurried over to the couple. Carrie followed her gaze, to see what she was looking at. As she took off running, Carrie began to follow. She saw the two people lying in the sand. As Rebecca knelt down, she reached out to touch the woman and started speaking to her. Carrie vaguely remembers the woman, she didnt really talk to her.

The woman was clearly disoriented. Carrie stayed quiet, letting them talk for a bit, before she spoke softly. "Come on, let's get them closer to the fire. That will help." she said with a smile. She was sure that between the three of them, they could get the woman and the man closer to the fire.

Once they did make it back to the fire, Carrie turned to Rebecca, once she was finished helping the pair to the fire, and spoke to her in low tones. "I...I think we should not separate. At least, stay in groups of two, until the morning at least." Carrie nodded towards the bonfire. "I didnt make that fire. And it's sure not a wild fire. If someone is here, Im guessing they are hiding for a reason. So I dont think it's a good idea to wander off alone for right now. "

Carrie looked back towards the woods, and rubbed her arms, before turning her attention back to the fire. They would have to move soon, in order to get the supplies they would need.

Tag: spacelady, NickLitYouAFlame, HanSolo29, Point Given, Heavy Isotope, Vehn, Reynar_Tedros, anyone else I missed.

6. Vehn

Vehn Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Leon Dufort
    The Beach

Leon watched as another young couple was drawn closer to the fire. He had fought back the urge to run down and check on the situation. He didn't want to crowd things. He didn't want to cause any problems. He already felt like he had said too much earlier when he'd told the survivors his own ideas on what needed to be done.

He was naturally a quiet man. He only spoke when needed. Helped when wanted. Killed when he had to. That pretty much summed up his military experience. He'd taken a few good licks, given out a few, but overall his service in the Legion was a strange mixture of pride and regret. He'd fought in some horrific conditions, some very politically charged situations, and come out the other side with a little different view of the world around him. He supposed that was why his attention wandered to the trees swaying gently in an ocean breeze.

You always see the world so differently his wife had said to him one evening at their home in Portugal.

"You were so right," Leon whispered to the air.

"You are so right," he quietly corrected.

He wasn't dead yet but the fire was not going to last forever. Neither was the night. When the sun rose high overhead there was going to be some murderous heat. He looked back at the others who were huddled around the fire. He wanted to help them. He had to help them.

Leon took one step, and then another, toward the tree line. This was how he was going to help them. He was going to find water. He knew they wouldn't understand. Some might even worry. Everything was going to be just fine. It always worked out for him. He was nearly to the trees now. Nearly disappearing amongst the trunks.

Nearly disappearing entirely from view...

Tag: Ktala;spacelady;HanSolo29;Reynar_Tedros, et al.

Ktala likes this.
  7. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 10, 2013
    Sally "Dao-ming" Leong
    The Beach

After a few moments the man who rescued her got up without a word and made his way to the fire, Sally sat for a bit longer, hearing a few rumblings of discussion beginning to come from the group. After some time, Sally didn't keep track, she stood up and put her backpack on.

"... If we all work together we will be stronger and more likely to survive whatever is coming. Listen to Carrie and Becky as well. Communicate, think, and don't do anything stupid." The man who rescued her was talking.

Sally wasn't really processing it all, she was still in slight shock, her lack of attention was preventing her from bothering to understand what they were saying. Until she heard, the man who saved her muttering distinctly as he began to walk towards the trees. She paused for a moment, looking at the group, coming to the decision that she'd be safer with him; she began to follow him.

@Vehn, Reynar_Tedros, other beach survivors.

Vehn likes this.
  8. Ktala

Sep 7, 2002
    Carrie Bander
    The Beach

Carrie was busy speaking with Becky, after helping with getting the last two people to the fire. She was explaining to her, about the campfire and her thoughts on the possibility of someone else being on the island. Then again, if it was just once person, and there was now quite a few more people who suddenly showed up, he or she might feel they need to hide. At least until they got an idea what kinda of people had came to the island. But still, it was rather odd behavior. With a sigh, Carrie stretched, closing her
    eyes for a few moments. She then opened them, looking around.

Leon was gone. Carrie turned around, and looked around, her eyes travelling up the beachline. Nothing. She looked the other way, into the area where the forest started. She thought she spied him, but someone seemed to be following him. Carrie scanned the beach once more, looking around. The other girl was gone too. Carrie looked back up into the treeline. She wanted to shout, or even catch up with them. But that could cause a panic. And right now, with everyone so wipped out, getting them all worked up about nothing she could prove woudlnt help. With a dejected grunt, she sat down suddenly on the sand, the fire warming her back. She suddenly felt very tired. She didnt ask for this. None of them did. She was not a leader. She was just looking forward to some time for herself. Guess she got it. Her pocket felt lumpy, and she fished out a soaked cell phone. She frowned, looking at the thing, as water dripped from it. Well, she could try to dry it out, come daytime, but she doubted that there were any towers nearby. Her laptop in her bag might have fared better. It was in a pouch. But it would only last for a few days, max. Still, might be useful. She would wait for the morning to find out. She looked up at Becky. "Well, if you just
    want to take a little walk along the coast, I can go with you. Maybe if we're lucky, we can find out if anything else washed ashore with us." she stated, while she waited to see what Becky had to say to her idea.

Tag: spacelady, HanSolo29, Point Given, Reynar_Tedros, Vehn, Heavy Isotope, (NickLitYouAFlame)

Vehn likes this.
  9. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: GM approved!

---

Name: Sebastien (Seb) Durand

Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Height: 5ft 9in
    Build: Average
    Weight: 175lbs

Biography:

Born and Raised in the city of Toulouse, France, Seb lived a somewhat uneventful and content life in the "Pink City". The youngest of three brothers, his mother was a Civil Servant and his father was a small business owner, opening the "Cafe des Amis" on the cities Rue du Taur. Growing up, Seb wasn't the most focused child and was seen as a bit of a dreamer, though some interpreted this as laziness and idleness. As hard as he tried he struggled through most of his compulsory education. The frustration and inferiority he felt often caused him to act out and cause trouble, but the only subject he seemed to feel at ease with was music, and he started learning Acoustic Guitar at the age of 11, a hobby he is still very passionate about now.

Seb first started working in his father's business at the age of 15, as his father wanted him to start doing something worthwhile in the summers, instead of causing trouble with his friends. Although initially hesitant, Seb eventually warmed to the idea, and developed a strong work ethic, and when he left high school he found himself being drafted in to help more and more, before eventually becoming a permanent fixture at the cafe, putting in long hours every week to take some of the pressure off his father, who was finding the hectic pace harder to cope with as he got older.

This however, did not leave Seb with much free time. One day during his lunch break, he received an email from his cousin Adrien, asking Seb to attend his wedding in the states in the spring.Deciding to finally give himself a break, he organised cover at the cafe and made the journey to Los Angeles, Seb enjoyed two weeks of sun and long awaited relaxation, seeing the sights and rounding it all off with performing an acoustic set at the wedding. Soon it was time to return back home. Saying his goodbyes to Adrien and his new wife, he arrived at LAX, only to realise that his journey home wasn't going to be all that straightforward. Due to an 11th hour strike by french air traffic controllers, he had to change his flight from a direct flight to Toulouse-Blagnac airport, to a flight to Portugal, where he would have to catch a connecting plane to France.

---

IC: Seb Durand
    The Beach

Shivering violently and soaked to the bone, Seb Durand dragged himself out of the shallows and onto the damp sand of the shoreline. The last of his meagre strength left him and he flopped forward onto the sand, his cheek coming to rest on the watery sand down by his face. The blood from a split eyebrow dripped down his face and mingled with the salt water. For a long moment he just lay there, his body not yet caught up to his brain after such an ordeal. He drew in short, panting breaths, not quite believing that he was still alive after that!

It had all happened so fast, one minute he was sitting on the plane, a soda in his hand, headphones in his ears, losing himself in his ipod play-lists, the next all hell was breaking loose. Turbulence, then suddenly a violent storm out of no-where. The plane started to go down, and the passengers had screamed in terror as suddenly the plane spilt in two.

Seb had been flung from the disintegrating fuselage of the aeroplane and hit the water so hard that it knocked all the breath from his body, only to be replaced with freezing salty water. In that terrifying moment, he couldn't breathe, he couldn't think as he broke up through the surface, choking up water as debris rained down around his floundering form.

He had reached out blindly, disorientated as the salt water and heavy rain assaulted his vision, trying to find something to grab on too. Forcing his eyes open, he looked around at the watery graveyard. The closest item to him was a large square container and he had lunged for it in desperation, wrapping his arms around it,and trying to pull himself further onto it, But he was alarmed as the container sank under his weight, taking on more water and sinking below the surface. His arms and legs felt like lead as he swam clumsily towards a plane seat that floated a few meters away. He had wrapped his arms around where a headrest used to be, resting his chin on the sodden fabric in an attempt to keep his head above the water.

It was then he saw the light. At first he thought he was seeing things, experiencing delirium as his body began the process of shutting down. But no, the more he looked, the more he was convinced that it was real. It could mean land! But It seemed so far away. "No" he mentally shook his head, he had to try! He didn't want to die like this! Grasping the seat, he turned it in the direction of the light source, and started to kick his legs. Seb didn't know what was keeping him going, but it must have been pure adrenaline as with each kick of his legs, and what felt like an eternity, the light had got ever closer. In his head he just kept repeating "Don't stop"

And now he was here... wherever here was...

Slowly and cautiously, he pushed himself onto all fours, but let out a hoarse cry as pain emanated from his ribs, "Bruised?" He thought as he gingerly tried to brace his right side with his left hand. Looking up, he saw the source of the light. It was a campfire...And there were people around it! Other survivors?!

"Hey!" He croaked out, only for a string of coughs to escape his throat. Despite the discomfort he called out again as he attempted to find his feet.

TAG: @spacelady, @HanSolo29, @Point Given, @Reynar_Tedros, @Vehn, @Heavy Isotope, @NickLitYouAFlame

Vehn, Ktala and spacelady like this.
  10. Ktala

Sep 7, 2002
    Carrie Bander aka The Welcome Wagon Lady! :p
    The Beach

Carrie was slowly standing up, preparing to find out wether or not Becky wanted to look down the beach. She
    dusted off the sand that had stuck to her clothes, and looked over at Becky.

"Hey!"

Carrie's head shot up, as she looked over at Becky. "Did you hear that?" she asked, even as she turned, looking away from the fire, as she began to scan the beach. She took a few steps forward, looking. She then heard coughing, and a voice, though she couldnt tell what they were saying.

Carrie began to move, moving quickly away from the fire, and towards the water, She kept looking until she
    found a dark shadow of someone, trying to move. "Hey!! Another survivor!" Carrie called out, as she moved forward to help whoever it was. As she got closer, she could tell that it was a guy, and he was moving. She stopped herself from asking the obvious dumb question... 'are you ok?' Instead she asks the guy, "Can you walk?" Why did Leon disappear. She could really use his muscles right now. But they would get this guy closer to the fire, come heck or high water.

Gee, that was really a bad turn of phrase right now. Whatever. Carrie moved to see what she could do to help the guy.

Tag: spacelady, HanSolo29, Point Given, Reynar_Tedros, Vehn, Heavy Isotope, Jedi_padawan_leigh, ( @NickLitYouAFlame)

11. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Haley Gordon

Another woman, who was lucky (or unlucky, depending on what lay ahead of them) to survive the plant crash, approached the three. She seemed like a good natured person by the easy-going air about her and the warm smile on her face, despite the present situation and danger they faced.

"Come on, let's get them closer to the fire. That will help."

It took a bit of effort, but the three ladies managed to bring the unconscious up further along the beach and close to the fire to warm up. Haley felt her legs collapse, without warning, and she released a rough breath. The heat from the fire soaked into her limbs and bones, a subtle exhaustion filling her.

She took a moment to look about her and only caught the back of a man entering the forest not far. Perhaps looking for food? There was another woman, who looked to be of Asian descent, as well. So that was six of them, including the unconscious Mathias. She furrowed her brows to think past her headache. Wait. Wasn't the woman sitting next to her have a husband...? Was he not with her? Pain tugged at her heart. She hoped with everything she had that he was okay. Maybe he was the one walking off? It was hard to tell in the fire light.

Were they really stranded on an island? No...that only happens in movies. Like Castaway. Her heart pounded in anxiety as she laid her head on her knees that were drawn to her body to keep body heat in. How... How would they survive?

Before she could think much further on that, Haley barely noticed a call for help. She looked up and squinted her eyes. Another person had safety (for the most part) made it to the shore. The lady with the kind smile rushed over to help. Haley was still in mostly good condition, she sucked in a breath and pushed herself to standing, her legs protesting. But she had to help! They all had to pitch in if they were to survive.

Rushing over in the sand, she finally noticed the newcomer was a man, who looked incredibly beat up. And how could he not after what they all went through?

"Can you walk?" the woman asked the survivor.

Haley leaned down and gently took his arm, trying to support him to stand. Like her counterpart, she wanted to ask if he was alright, but that was such a funny question to be asking at this current point in time.

Tag: Ktala, Jedi_padawan_leigh, HanSolo29, Heavy Isotope, Vehn, Reynar_Tedros

Vehn likes this.
  12. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    The Beach

In the darkness, Seb's stinging eyes registered the faint outlines of two forms approaching him hastily from the camp fire. It was only when they got closer to him that he realised that the two figures were female. In the dark night air, Seb could not make out many details of the women, his eyes still adjusting to his surroundings, one of them may have had dark hair, but he wasn't sure.

"Can you walk?" One of the women queried, while the other leaned down and gently took his arm. Seb hadn't felt this legless since his cousin Adrien's stag party, though this time it wasn't due to excessive alcohol consumption. With a low grunt, he drew in a steadying breath and managed to get one of his feet planted flat underneath him. A visible grimace crossed his bloodied face as he fought the pain in his ribs, pushing up with his other leg and slowly straightening up to standing. He staggered a bit once he was on his feet, his bones feeling like they had turned to jelly, but the support provided by the other woman helped him remain upright.

"T-t-thank y-you" he stammered in accented English, his bottom lip quivering with cold.

TAG: @spacelady, @Ktala, @HanSolo29, @Point Given, @Reynar_Tedros, @Vehn, @Heavy Isotope, (@NickLitYouAFlame)

spacelady likes this.
  13. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The Forest

As the newest survivor made his way to the campfire with help from Haley and Carrie, Leon had passed through the gap in the trees and slowly entered the forest by the beach, with Sally not far behind him. The sound of the crashing waves in the ocean was distant here, could barely be heard at all. There was no other noise and light was just as absent, as the tops of the dense foliage blocked most of the beams coming in from the moon and stars. The man and woman would be almost as good as blind further down the sandy path that grew narrower the further it stretched from the entrance.

There were fallen branches nearby that would surely help keep the fire on the beach going until morning, and there was no sign of moisture on the wood or in the air that would suggest a raging storm had just passed. There was also, however, no sign of water as of yet. Leon and Sally would need to determine whether or not the group would be okay without fresh water until the morning when visibility would be clearer, and if the risk of going deeper into the forest in search of sustenance was worth the risk that the darkness presented.

And suddenly in the silence, a brief sound of rustling leaves penetrated the air further into the forest. The source of the disturbance was impossible to determine from where Leon and Sally stood. It was possible a simple gust of wind was responsible, but neither of them had felt a breeze since they left the beach. Perhaps it was simply harmless wildlife. Perhaps it was something worse...

The once eerie silence was now deafening.

Tag: @spacelady, @Ktala, @HanSolo29, @Heavy Isotope, @Vehn, Jedi_padawan_leigh

14. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Haley Gordon

The man who was the most recent to reach shore, was shivering almost violently, as Haley helped him to a standing position. It was hard to tell from this distance from the fire, but she thought she saw blood on his brow and trailing down the side of his face. It was only to be expected to sustain injuries from the crash. He released a small grunt in pain as he straightened all the way. Something else was also injured, she thought.

"T-t-thank y-you" He murmured. There was an accent to his voice, but it was hard to tell over the shivering he was doing.

"Come on, this way." She offered and carefully led him to the fire, trying to take as much of his weight as he would allow to make it an easier transition. When they did arrive, Haley slowly leaned the man down onto the sand, not far from their source of heat. They didn't have anything dry, even her clothes still were still dripping with water and clung uncomfortably to her. She sat down and looked at the cut on his brow. It didn't look too bad, she wasn't a doctor by any means, but from what she could tell, it didn't appear to need any stitches.

"Where else are you hurting?" Haley asked him, using the wet sleeve of her shirt to wipe away some of the blood to keep it from getting in his eye.

Tag: Jedi_padawan_leigh, Ktala, HanSolo29, Vehn, Heavy Isotope

Vehn likes this.
  15. Ktala

Sep 7, 2002
    Carrie Bander
    The Beach
    Carrie walked over, to help Haley and Becky get the new guy over to the fire. They managed to get him up on his feet, and moving towards the fire. He limped, as if something on him was injured, and there was blood coming from someplace on his head.​

T-t-thank y-you" he stammered in accented English, his bottom lip quivering with cold.​

Haley took over then. "Come on, this way." She offered and carefully led him to the fire, trying to take as much of his weight as he would allow to make it an easier transition. When they did arrive, Haley slowly leaned the man down onto the sand, not far from their source of heat. "Where else are you hurting?" Haley asked him, using the wet sleeve of her shirt to wipe away some of the blood to keep it from getting in his eye.​

Carrie smiled. The guy was in good hands right now. Carrie slowly stood up, and began to scan the beach area up towards the wood line. She hoped that Leon would get back soon. If he didnt, she would go looking. Maybe. But for now, she was willing to simply stand, scanning the area around the group, until she warmed up again. After that, she would figure out what to do next. She was sure everyone else was pretty tired, and wanted to lay on something more than just sand.​

16. Vehn

Vehn Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Trees

Leon hesitated. The darkness seemed to surround him and the distant crashing of the surf against the sandy beach seemed to fade away. He looked below him and saw fallen branches. Enough to keep the fire going. He reached down and picked a few of the branches up and that was when he heard the noise of rustling leaves. The hair on the back of his neck stood on end as he realized he wasn't alone.

He could hear his heart pounding in his chest. The deadly rhythmic thumping in his chest. He wanted to rip his heart out and silence the sound. Here, in the darkest of forests, here, in the most remote of locations, he knew the end game would always be about survival. So he made his decision. Back to the beach he would go.

Leon made his way back to the beach. He squinted his eyes as he brought his attention on Sally. He shook his head as if to ward her away from the trees. "No point in going in there. Too dark to see much of anything anyway."

He was close to the bonfire now. Noticed a new face had joined the group. Someone he hadn't seen before. He dropped the wood near the fire and sat down on the sandy beach. He was exhausted. He hadn't slept in a long while.

All he knew was that he was a far cry away from seeing his family again.

Tag: Reynar_Tedros;Heavy Isotope;Ktala;spacelady;HanSolo29;Jedi_padawan_leigh

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Rebecca Cochran
    The Beach

The beach was becoming increasingly more crowded, Becky noted with a hint of some dismay. While she was thankful for the lives that had been spared, she couldn’t help but turn selfishly to Will and the fact that he was still missing. It almost seemed unfair to think that others were being returned to them, but for some reason or another, God was denying her the satisfaction of embracing her husband again.

Was there a reason behind that? If there was, she couldn’t fathom an explanation that would make sense. As far as she was concerned, being stranded on a deserted island was torture enough. What more did they want from her?

She was starting to drift, she knew, and by this point, the others were probably beginning to think she was mentally unstable for her unexplained lapses into perpetual silence. Of course, she could always chalk it up to trauma if the others began to question her, but overall, she was more comfortable sticking to the truth. Fortunately, an opening presented itself when Leon and the other woman – Sally – returned from their trek. It was the distraction she needed to break up the monotony.

“Did you…see anything?” she asked hopefully as the man approached the fire and dropped some much needed supplies upon the sand. She didn’t want to come across as desperate, but unfortunately, that’s exactly how it sounded to her own ears.

Her lips parted again, eager to continue so that she appeared as nonchalant as possible. “I was thinking…” Her eyes flicked briefly to Carrie, remembering her unanswered offer to walk with her. “We were thinking…that maybe we should sweep the shore. There’s bound to be something out there, right? I mean, maybe we should wait till morning, but…

She scoffed with some embarrassment, realizing she was beginning to ramble.

“I don’t think I could sleep,” she admitted, averting her eyes.

TAG: Vehn, Ktala, Heavy Isotope, spacelady, Jedi_padawan_leigh, Reynar_Tedros

Vehn likes this.
  18. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Dao-ming "Sally" Leong
    The Beach

Leon paused as Sally walked closer, he seemed to be thinking, what did they come here to do? Maybe look for food? Finally, he spoke, "No point in going in there. Too dark to see much of anything anyway."

Sally looked into the darkness, a chill ran down her spine, a slight noise from the black...

Sally didn't say anything, she simply followed him as they picked up a few small fallen branches, she began to recognize his accent and smiled a little. It reminded her of her assistant, he was from Europe too, assigned to her by her team's partner company.

They made their way back to the fire and one of the women spoke up, “Did you…see anything?”

"Uh... Eh... " Sally paused, she spoke English fine but the words weren't coming to her, she looked at Leon, hoping he'd answer for them. Before he did, the same woman started talking again.

One phrase stood out to Sally, "There’s bound to be something out there, right?"

She paused and felt the same fear crawl over her. That much she understood.

@Reynar_Tedros, Vehn, HanSolo29

Vehn likes this.
  19. Ktala

Sep 7, 2002
    Carrie Bander
    The Beach

“Did you…see anything?” Becky asked hopefully as the man approached the fire and dropped some much needed supplies upon the sand and sat down on the sandy beach. He was exhausted.The other woman followed not too far behind him only responded. "Uh... Eh... ". Poor woman was probably still out of sorts. As Carrie looked down at the wood, Becky spoke up once more. “I was thinking…” Her eyes flicked briefly to Carrie, “We were thinking…that maybe we should sweep the shore. There’s bound to be something out there, right? I mean, maybe we should wait till morning, but… “I don’t think I could sleep,” she admitted, averting her eyes.

Carrie simply nodded. "I know what you mean. I might not want to sleep, but body is saying otherwise. BUT..Im still willing to walk with you. But I think I rather take some light with me." Carrie went over, and looked over the pieces of wood they had brought back. She pulled two of the longest ones that she could find, and then walked over to her bag. She opened it, and pulled out a small towel she had in the bag, that was inside of a plastic bag. She also grabbed a pair of knitting needles as well. She poked a few holes into the towel, before she tucked the needles into her waistband, and then taking the towel, she began to pull and shred it, into she had as many long stips as she could make out of it. She then began to wind it around the end of one of the sticks she had sellected. After she had a healthy ball on the end, she broke off, and tied down the string, making a small torch. She did the same on the other stick.

Carrie looked over at Becky with a grin. "I wanna SEE where Im walking". She looked over towards the man. "If you had not been in a hury, I would have told you. Besides, if there IS anything out there, Im pretty sure fire in the face will make it think twice." Carrie looked at her makeshift torch and sighed. "Too bad I dont think it will last long. But at least it's something." Carrie looked over at Becky. You ready? She would wait until they started to move, to light the torch.

TAG: Vehn, Heavy Isotope, spacelady, Jedi_padawan_leigh, Reynar_Tedros, Reynar_Tedros, HanSolo29

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    The Beach

One of the women carefully led Seb to the fire, helping him down onto the sand beside it. Slowly, he started to feel the heat of the flames permeate the chilled skin of his face and hands. The bedraggled Frenchman glanced around nervously. In the firelight he could start to make out a few more details of the kind souls who had come to his assistance, as well as the other survivors who were gathered around the fire. His mind whirled at the situation, trying to process everything. He almost didn’t register the blonde haired woman who had helped him sitting down onto the sand next to him. Seb blinked as he snapped back to reality, watching as the young woman leaned in to inspect the cut on his face

"Where else are you hurting?" The kindly blonde asked, as she reached up and wiped some of the blood from his face with a shirtsleeve. Seb drew in a steadying breath. "My right side... hit something when I came out of the plane...I think" He replied between breaths, his left hand still held against his right side.

In the corner of his eye, Seb caught some movement and he turned his head instinctively, remnants of the adrenaline that had coursed thought him. It was then he noticed two more survivors had approached the fire, carrying branches and sticks. One was an older man, who looked to be European, the other was female and looked to be Chinese. The man dropped his supplies down by the fire and sank down onto the sand, clearly exhausted. One of the other survivors, another woman, started to address the pair but Seb couldn’t make out what she asked them over the crackle of the flames.

He turned his green-grey gaze back to the blonde woman. Despite his own weariness, a grateful look crossed his grimy face “Thank you, but you don’t want blood all over you. It should stop soon”

TAG: @Vehn, @Heavy Isotope, @spacelady, @Reynar_Tedros, @HanSolo29, Ktala

21. Vehn

Vehn Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Beach

"Did you see anything?"

Leon shook his head. He took off his glasses and rubbed the lenses to clean them. His hair was looking like crap. He hadn't showered in days and was starting to smell. The sand was getting in his shoes and making his feet sore. He really wanted to get off this island. He knew his grumpiness was the lack of sleep speaking to him. He wasn't sure he could go on another adventure just yet.

"I didn't see a thing. Something was out there but it could've been a wild animal or my mind playing a trick on me," Leon responded.

"If you had not been in a hury, I would have told you. Besides, if there IS anything out there, Im pretty sure fire in the face will make it think twice." Carrie looked at her makeshift torch and sighed. "Too bad I dont think it will last long. But at least it's something."

Leon nodded his head. "Perhaps. A little reconnaissance never hurt anyone, Carrie. You go on ahead. I'll keep the fire going. I'll hang back here and keep things organized."

Carrie had fire. Had bravery. Had courage. He respected that.

I could have used your fire, your strength, in Afghanistan. In Mali. During some of the hot firefights in places people hadn't even heard of Leon thought as he turned to Sally and said, "Thanks for following me back in there. It's good to have someone to watch my back. I don't know how much English you understand but thank you. Sadly, my Chinese is very limited."

Leon pointed at the fire and the kindling they'd gathered. "Let's keep this thing going. It's the only thing we've got right now. It's all we have. Well," Leon paused as he stared into the eyes of a newcomer, another survivor, a fellow Frenchman by the looks of him, "well we have to take care of each other."

"Don't we?" Leon asked.

Tag: Jedi_padawan_leigh;Heavy Isotope;spacelady;Ktala;HanSolo29;Reynar_Tedros

22. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Dao-ming "Sally" Leong
    The Beach

The others discussed their ideas to help get things going, it seemed likely they'd be here for a while, but Sally was too shaken up to want to go anywhere. Leon rescued her, she felt it'd be best to stick by him, as he seemed capable. He turned to speak to her, she startled a bit.

"Thanks for following me back in there. It's good to have someone to watch my back. I don't know how much English you understand but thank you. Sadly, my Chinese is very limited."

Sally looked back at him, "Uh... Sally, I speak okay English, it's been a while," she paused.

He addressed the rest of the group, and Sally agreed, the best way for her to make it out alive was if she helped just like the rest of them.

Tags: Beach group, Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  23. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The beach.

At some point in the next few hours, each of the survivors had found themselves drifting off to sleep by the campfire, one by one until not a single eye was open. An expedition or two had been undertaken but to no great avail, and everyone came to an unspoken consensus that more could be done once daylight came. A sense of calm permeated where the light of the flames shone, strange as it was so soon after the chaotic events of the evening. Some had found stray foliage to sleep on, excess baggage or clothing on which to rest their heads, while others were content with just the sand and the warmth from the fire.

And they all had the same dream.

Vague images. Darkness. A torrential downpour in the ocean. Frequent flashes of lightning illuminating prodigious waves crashing in on several large ships, sails blowing violently in the wind.

Voices.

"Captain!"

"She's taking in more water!"

"Man overboard!"

"Help me!"

Men fleeing every which way on the decks. A faint sound in the distance amidst the chaos. Barely audible but no less haunting.

Deep laughter.

[​IMG]

Morning had arrived and the sun slowly rose over the horizon. The first of the survivors would awaken soon, and after blinking away the sleep from their eyes, what they would find would surely cause enough alarm to warrant raising the others.

For there, embedded in the sand, were footprints. Small enough to belong to a child, they led from the campfire back into the forest. And they were fresh.

Tag: @spacelady, @Ktala, @HanSolo29, @Heavy Isotope, @Vehn, @Jedi_padawan_leigh

Vehn likes this.
  24. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Dao-ming "Sally" Leong
    The Beach

Suddenly, light, warmth; and yet a chill as Sally startled awake, suddenly remembering where she was, images of the plane crash flashed through her mind. Then the faint memory of sails in a storm and laughter from the dark. She looked around, grabbing her backpack and quickly putting it on, as her eyes darted back and forth fearfully.

Dread and panic were setting in, noticing there was another set of foot prints, even smaller than her own, leading back to the trees... Then she broke.

"Hey... " she said quietly at first, shaking Leon, "Hey, you need to wake up!" She was still panicking, and shook Leon harder.

"All of you! Wake up!"

@Reynar_Tedros, Vehn, @spacelady, @Ktala, @HanSolo29, @Jedi_padawan_leigh

Vehn likes this.
  25. Ktala

Sep 7, 2002
    Carrie Bander
    The Beach

Carrie did end up exploring some parts of the beach, but didnt find anything. Well, not exactly true, she did find some stuff that floated up from the water. Baggage and other stuff that washed ashore. But it was just simply too dark to try and search too far. But she did also manage to dig up a few more pieces of wood, which she took back to camp as well. She felt so tired. She wanted to stay awake, to keep an eye out for whoever had made the fire, but her body was not having it. She dug through her pack, and managed to pull out a blanket she had started working on, but had not finished. But it ws enough for her. She kept her knitting needles tucked in her waistband, and ended up falling asleep, while staring at the fire.

Strange dreams.

She had fallen out of the sky, and yet she dreamed of a sinking ship. She tossed and turned, and even in her sleep, when she heard the laughter, it made her hair stand on end. It was like a very bad horror movie. She moaned softly in her sleep, and turned over. There was a noise. Something, was trying to reach her, but her brain felt foggy. Suddenly, there was another sound, but this one was much closer, and female.

"All of you! Wake up!"

""wha??.." Carrie responded groggily as she opened her eyes. Sunlight and the smell of the ocean overwhelmed her senses. She rolled over, squinting, as she tried to figure out where the sound was coming from. One of the ladies.. um.. did she know her name? She was busy leaning over someone, and yelling for folks to wake up.
    GOSH..I could use a cup of coffee, Carrie thought to herself, as she pushed herself to a standing position.

"Um..what's wrong? Carrie asked slowly, not really seeing anything at first."Why are you.. ?" Carrie stopped and froze, as she now saw what the woman was panicking about. In the sand, were footprints. Small enough to belong to a child. They had practically walked around them while they slept. And they led from the campfire back into the forest. And they were fresh. They had to be. All their walking around last night would have wipped the tracks clean. No, these were new. "What the...?" Carrie sputtered aloud, as she followed the tracks with her eyes, as they went into the forest.

"Wonderful." Carrie murmured. "First, weird dreams, and now strange footprints." She looked over at everyone else. She didnt say a word. Looked like someone wanted to play a game. The question was, why? Was it a kid? A tribe of small folks? Carrie started doing a head count, hoping that everyone was alright, and that no one was attacked while they slept. And there was that guy who had not woke up. It would be hard to travel if he had not woke up yet. Carrie decided to wait for the others to wake up, while she did a head count. They would need fresh water, and soon. Carrie wiped the rest of the sleep from her eyes, as she stood quietly near the others

TAG: Vehn, Heavy Isotope, spacelady, Jedi_padawan_leigh, Reynar_Tedros, Reynar_Tedros, HanSolo29

Vehn and Heavy Isotope like this.