main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama FAR CRY

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Reynar_Tedros, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Pariah dogs and wandering madmen
    Barking at strangers and speaking in tongues
    The ebb and flow of tidal fortune
    Electrical changes are charging up the dawn

Spring break, 2013. For students everywhere, it is a time of freedom, an act of mercy, a most welcome break from the seemingly ceaseless grind of school. Studying, tests, quizzes, lectures, homework, coffee... such has become the routine.

For a select few kids from a small university out of California, this spring break will prove to be one to remember. A vacation they'll never forget... if they're able to survive it.

A plane ticket to Bangkok. That is what has fallen into your hands. A week with friends, teeming with the promise of escaping from the norm. The only thing you'll have to worry about is not wanting to come back home once you're there.

So. Are you ready? Got everything packed? Told your families goodbye? Plane's boarding soon... all that's left to do is get on.

Far Cry

[​IMG]

Welcome to Far Cry! If you haven't guessed already, this is a game that revolves around a group of college students who embark on an international vacation to soak in every last drop of Spring Break that they can before heading back the real world at the end of the week. But, as I'm sure you've already surmised, the whole "heading back" thing might become a little... tricky as the game unfolds. I can't tell you much, but suffice it to say this won't be any ordinary vacation for your young men and women. Expect challenging situations that will remove your characters from their comfort zones and force them into circumstances they never thought they'd be a part of. Morals will be tested, friendships will be questioned, and, in all likelihood, blood will be shed before the proverbial credits roll.

If you're interested and would like to take part, please fill out the character sheet below to send to me for approval. Hope to see you all at the airport!

Character Sheet
    (This is a basic template and can be expanded with additional information if you wish)

Name:
    Age: (Probably between 18-22, but I am flexible if your character is a young genius or late bloomer)
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Biography:

It’s a far cry from the world we thought we'd inherit
    It’s a far cry from the way we thought we'd share it
    You can almost feel the current flowing
    You can almost see the circuits blowing

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    EDIT: Sorry, mistake post. CS send though

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    sorry for double posting, but . . .

GM approved!

Name: Sarah Falke

Appearance: [​IMG]

Personality: Friendly, passionate and always helpful she actually tries hard to be a “perfect” girl. A need born from her realization she actually is heir to the more stormy temper her father brought into her genetic pool . . .
    Biography: They call the Exchange student, at least she got rid of “the German” which Sarah takes as kind of an insult, considering she is from the Swiss and that is really, really something entirely different. But anyway, she has come to the US not to educate Americans about European flavors of German speaking people, she came over to learn about them and that is what she has done . . . her English already got better, her understanding of culture has moved beyond the limits of CSI Miami and X-Files, which had been her prime information sources about “how Americans are” and she has actually made some friends, found some things she liked and people with familiar interests . . .

Sarah has interests, yes. A lot of them she has imported to these new realms. Like running, she actually is quite a runner, working out, Tae-Bo, Tai-Chi, climbing, hiking, bikes, swimming and American literature. Well, the thing with the American literature really just came up after a guy who had a crush on her bought her a Hemingway to impress her. The book was good, but so uncreative a choice she avoids the guy ever since. She is not good with boys and accepts that about her.

Spring break? She did not even know what the hell that was about, until she suddenly was force by massive group pressure of some friends to join this trip . . . parties are not her thing either, she told herself . . . but somehow she feels like that might be about to change, probably.​

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    GM OOC: Giving this one a last-ditch bump. Need at least a couple more sheets before I can launch her, otherwise I'll have to lock it up and move on to a new project. If no further interest is received by next Sunday, the 17th, I'll go ahead and request a lock.

If you have any questions regarding the game, what kind of character you can play, etc., please do not hesitate to shoot me a PM!

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    OOC: I'll try to get something to you ASAP.

6. Splinterthemindseye_

Splinterthemindseye_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2012
    GM Approved

Name: Timothy Hawkyns
    Appearance: Five foot ten inches, one hundred and forty pounds with dark brown hair, and green eyes. Mostly wears khakis and polo shirts. Has a preference for wearing 5.11 tactical boots on all occasions.
    Personality: Timothy has a quiet personality. He tries not to get noticed a lot and prefers to let others take the lead, but will do things his own way if he thinks it’s better.
    Biography: Some people call me… Tim. This is my first year at University and to tell the truth I don’t know if I like it. The classes are okay, but then I've never had problems in school, kind of the reason I got into college at sixteen. I've been called a geek and nerd all my life, but I try not to let that bother me too much. When I was young I had something of a speech impediment. It was so bad that I stopped talking for a while. While it did get corrected finally I still don’t talk much.
    I've been in Aikido for four years… or I was until I started University. I was hopeful that there would be a place around that I could keep practicing at, but it seems this town doesn't even have a 24hr gym. Ah well it not like I've ever been in a real fight anyway.
    I've managed to make a few friends around campus, and strangely enough they are not the type of people I ever imagined I would have as friends. None of them like D&D, as far as I know, none of them are geeks or nerds or brains. They are just normal college students, and even a jock. It is not something I am used to.
    I even met a girl, heck I even spoke with her and bought her a gift. Who doesn't like Hemingway. Then again, she did start avoiding me after that. Maybe Hemingway wasn't the right choice? I knew better then to step out of my comfort zone. I should have listened to my gut.
    Some of my friends have talked me into going on spring break in Europe with them. Sounds like it could be fun. It should help me forget about my girl problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.