main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Far From Home - from the Qui challenge, cover art added

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    They may be doing what is right for Qui-Gon but they will always have a child-size hole in their hearts, no matter if they have other children or not. They will always wonder and mourn.

Great job with the whole explaination. Of course, the Knight left out one little thing - birthday #13 and not getting chosen...

Looking forward to the epilogue.

2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    You haven't been lax, Leona, just busy! [face_love]

And as to the conclusion... we saw it coming and it unfolded just as I imagined it would. How terribly, terribly hard on both of them. I hope they had a chance to see what a difference he was able to make on this path and not have to regret their decision too much!

Brava, Brava, Brava! =D=

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    we knew it had to happen, but how sad for them

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    mouse2 I don't think I could either. :_|

LukesTheMan I'm still sort of dazed from the movie last night!

Healer_Leona So glad you like this little story! :D

maychorian First, thanks for looking at the epilogue for me! :p And as you know, Amri and Lenora's future is in the epilogue.

Bekah_K All is revealed.... :)

Layren Oops! Well, here it is and thank you for the very kind offer! I got distracted last night waiting for the movie! [face_laugh]

Shadowolf I enjoyed writing them very much. Hopefully, you've enjoyed reading about them, too.

dianethx I had a whole scene written where Bortan explains about that and the Jinns make him promise to send Qui-Gon home if that happens. But it didn't seem to work. :( So I went with the alternative.

Mistress_Renata Thank you. [face_blush]

PadawanKitara Poor Qui-Gon! Poor Amri and Lenora! :_| Okay, pity party over now.

[b]Epilogue:[/b]

The Jinns returned home to their farm near the edge of the western sea. Their friends grieved with them for the little boy who had brought so much to them during his brief stay. Amri did not walk quite as confidently through his fields as before, and Lenora?s smile did not really reach her soft, brown eyes. But they did not mention these things; they accepted them as part of their sorrow.

Then one day, Amri heard Lenora laugh and he knew that a time would come that they would be all right. They would not forget; no they could never forget their son. But they would know joy again.

Two years later they were blessed with a daughter and a small patch was placed over the holes in their hearts. Little Jesetta rode on her father?s shoulders as he strode through the fields, proud again of what grew there. Lenora was able to think of her son and found that tears did not automatically spring to her eyes. Their daughter had her father?s blue eyes and her mother?s brown curls. She did not talk to the trees, but she sang along with the birds.

When Jesetta was six, Lenora gave birth to a big, healthy son. And the wound on their hearts was healed even further.

Exeldor, as they named him, was as dark-haired as his father and had his mother?s warm, brown eyes. He had his mother?s irreverent sense of humor and his father?s love of growing things. He liked to roam in the almost endless fields that one day would be his responsibility. Jesetta and Exeldor grew up in a home full of love and warmth. Their laughter was the music of those years.

They knew of their brother, of course, for young Qui-Gon was still remembered fondly by all who had known and loved him. They spoke of him often, their voices resonating with both sadness and pride. The children could not remember a time when the small holo of a grinning baby was not by their mother?s side of the bed. They also knew that inside a drawer was nestled a small lock of baby soft hair exactly the color of their mother?s own curls.

One night Exeldor saw his mother give the holo a single, longing touch before she went to bed. And he soon discovered that she did so every night. Often he would sneak into his mother?s room and look at that holo and when he was troubled he would speak to it, pouring out his heart and he almost always walked away more at peace than when he began.

The two children grew up and got married. Jesetta moved away, as children will do, but came home often with her husband and two children. Exeldor stayed close to home and eventually he and his wife built a small cottage on the edge of the Jinn property.

Amri and Lenora grew old together. Her brown hair turned white and his shoulders rounded with age. Their love remained strong and vital as the years passed. Everyone who knew them marveled at the strength of their bond. That bond had been built as much by sorrow as by joy, and so it was doubly precious to them.

When Exeldor was in his early forties, he got word that a fire had ravaged his childhood home. He arrived to see that all he had known was tra

5. Jedi-Tiger-Lilly

Jedi-Tiger-Lilly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Loved, loved, loved the ending! They died together! [face_love]

And Qui-Gon was from Naboo??? [face_laugh] That makes sense.

=D=

6. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    :'( *sobs*
    I loved the ending, that was brilliant VaderLVR....So sad, but beautifully written.

7. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    That was a beautiful ending VL! :) This fic was thoroughly enjoyable and I love the background you created for Qui-Gon and the loving family that was left behind.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That was amazing VaderLVR, now you've got me sitting here crying like a baby. What a fantastic epilogue. Seeing the JIn family grow, more children the parents happy again... finding out Qui-Gon was from Naboo... a very nice piece of writing.

9. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    awwwwwwww vaderLVR that was so sad...........and yet so sweet!!

Brilliant ending!!! Bravo! Encore!!

10. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Yay! That was a beautiful epilogue. I liked the details you added from the version I saw.

Amri and Lenora dying together was very appropriate. I'm glad it was from smoke inhalation and not burning, though. (Just got back from RotS. Urgh.)

Anyway, great job on this whole story!

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Jedi-Tiger-Lilly[ It seemed fitting. Thank you for reading.

-Darksaber- Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Bekah_K He deserved special parents. :)

Healer_Leona I had intended him to be from Naboo from the start but could not find a way to fit it into the original vignette that made me happy. So when I decided to make this a longer story I saw my chance. And maychorian helped me out with it, making it work better. [:D]

Layren Aw, thank you! [face_love]

maychorian Yeah, I think we've had enough crispy critters for a while. That's why I made sure to mention they weren't burned. And thank you for all of your help! [:D]

12. CapNJaxWench

CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    The ending was perfect! =D=

I've sort of been lurking on this one. My apologies. But I loved it. [:D]

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awesome job VaderLVR64!! I soooo loved how Lenora and Amri handled the giving up of their son. :_| How sad!! They did what they thought would be best for him! :( Such loving parents!

Loooooved Amri's parting words!!

And they had two more munchkins! That was great! :( Sad how the parents passed away...but at least they were together! And the brother rebuilding the homestead and living there. I liked the idea of Qui being from Naboo that was a cool twist there :)

=D= Well done once more m'Lady! Loved the tale and thank you for sharing it!

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Naboo? What a fitting ending to your tale

15. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    That was so very very very good. I was near bawling when I read about their deaths, though. Although, in a way, I'm glad they died before Qui-Gon did, what with his life-style. To give him away was bad enough - to learn that he'd died on some mission or the other, before their time would have been too, too much. At least now, they did so, knowing that he was off saving someone.

But the last line...oh, that really tore me up. :_| Absolutely brilliant. Naboo. So that was his home planet. Very fitting. So very poignant.

=D=

16. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    This is a wonderful story, VaderLVR! That was so heartbreaking when they decided to let Qui go, but beautiful too. And I like how you have Qui from Naboo, it seems so fitting.

=D= Great job!

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Far From Home

CapNJaxWench No apologies necessary! And thank you for reading.

Kynstar Naboo was the intention all along, but it didn?t work until the end. And I wanted them to be happy again, so they had two children. :D

PadawanKitara I thought so, LOL! I thought it would be nice for him to come home in a way and that he died defending his homeworld though he didn?t know it.

Princess_Arulmozhi I didn?t want them to know he died, but I did want someone to remember him just as a person, not as a Jedi. His brother fit the bill. And quite nicely, I might add. I came to like him very much even though he made such a brief appearance.

Jedi_Tigris I thought it did, but I worried about making it too ?coincidental.? Maychorian put my fears to rest. Thanks, may!

18. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    You're very welcome, VL! My utter pleasure, to be sure.

19. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    How did I miss the ending! Perfection. Loved that Qui-Gon was from Naboo. It made sense, when you see how rich and alive it is, that farms could be huge there. And now he's home :_|

Sorry, still emotional from ROTS. :(

20. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    I haven't been on the boards in weeks and weeks, but once I got back I had to look for any new stuff one of my favorite authors had done. I've got a lot of catching up to do! :p

Started here and glad I did. Wonderful! =D=

I was choked up at the end because it was happy and sad and hopeful all at the same time.

21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Very nice ending, and it makes sense. I'm glad they had more kids; makes perfect sense! Very, very well done!

22. Muireann_Elwing

Muireann_Elwing Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Wow, I LOVED that! That's probably my favorite rendition I've heard of Qui-Gon being born and being discovered by the Jedi. Bravo!!!

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Maychorian I appreciated your help, believe me!

AnakinsHeir I thought it could be possible, too. Obviously :p

MY-T-Chewbacca Welcome back and thanks for giving this story a chance!

Mistress_Renata I'm so flattered you liked it. And thank you.

Muireann_Elwing Wow, thanks! :D

24. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    I'm a bad reader! I'm sorry I took so long to leave feedback on this one. You know how much I love it, K. A lovely little love story that just happens to be about a wonderful Jedi Knight. =D=

25. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    You never fail to leave me speechless, K. You have the ability to breathe such life into your characters that the reader connects with them from the first word. The ending was so bittersweet, and you tied it together perfectly (and had me bawling like a baby). This has become one of my favorites of your stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.