main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive [Farewell] Saintheart is hangin' up his halo...

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Saintheart, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    As many of you would know, for some time now I've been unable to perform the duties of a Manager due to a fascist, dictatorial, oppressive, communistic, nobbly-kneed employer who blocks my access to this website and has been doing so for some time. (Ironically, that blocking seems to have stopped ... for now.)

To that end, DarthXan318 was elevated to the position to fulfil the functions that I could not, and subsequently has been promoted to Manager.

That being so, it's finally come time for me to bite the bullet and stand down as a moderator of the RPF. Doesn't mean I'm going to leave the RPF; I like the community here very, very much and I hope to stick around for several years yet. But it does mean my name shall disappear from the header lines, I won't be able to edit your posts anymore, and I won't be able to close threads for you. In practical terms all that's really going to happen is a change in my colours from green to red.

So this is, kind of, my formal goodbye as your moderator. I have been blessed with a great team of people -- both mods and users -- to play with out here, and have thoroughly enjoyed all the aspects of the work I have done here. Hopefully I leave the RPF in a better state than when I first came to it; that, indeed, is the only thing that I can hope to do. But that's for you guys to determine, not me. All I can say is that it's been a really fun ride, and I'm not leaving the RPF, merely giving up my powers.

As a very final note, support your mods, guys: Hammer and Xan have made, and I'm sure will continue to make, an excellent team, and that is a rarity across the Net in general, let alone any discussion about these boards.

So, in technical terms, goodbye, but substantively, hello again and feel free to insult me to your heart's content, because I can't edit your posts or ban you ... kidding. :D :D

[image=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/30/65720929_9b9fb2325f.jpg]

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Daw...

Kick him while he's down! [face_skull]

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I always hated your colours :p

Ah, finally I got that one out. Otherwise I can´t have myself to say goodbye, gbut instead wanna say . . . blessed we are to still have you!

And now I will use a [faces] icon I really rarely use.

[:D]

You earned yourself that. Your work as a Mod was great and I want to say, before it is lost in time of the RPF board: I loved your style of doing things. Remembered a lot good EDIT comments. I really enjoyed. :D

With that - all praise to our new Manager Xany and all praise to our beloved RPF family member Saintheart!

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    On the one hand: we're stuck with Imp and Xan :p

On the other: more time for RPing and ToF!

Thanks for everything Saint!

5. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Aaaw, sad to see you stand down, Saintheart. But at least this isn't goodbye!

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I hope you stay around! God Bless! :)

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    My first moderator step down since joining. It's the end of an era, it is.

You done good, Saint, you done good.:D

8. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I'm going to make you guys suffer through his colours a little while longer. It's tradition. :D

I've said it before, but - you better not leave the boards, Saint! Thanks for everything you've done. [:D]

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    hehehe..

Like YOU ever had a halo...

:D

As long as yer still on the boards, yer still special!!

10. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    BAN.

Aw, crap, my buttons're gone... :( :D

On the other hand, thanks Xan, Hammer for the "tribute" :) Now how can any of you say that you hate looking at burlywood/white in bold, hmmmm??? :D

11. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    The board is a little less saver place, without our australian sheriff riding down the threads, with his ModStar and his famous BanHammer . . . :rolleyes:

Good you are staying. I am a constant lurker of your DnD game. :D Would miss it.

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Hope you stick around, just wouldn't be the same without you.

But, just don't forget to take the 'halo holders' off as well. They look too much like horns without the halo concealing them[face_worried]

13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    So,does that mean you'll finish that 'Matrix' game of yours? =P~ 8-}

Just teasin'! :D

It's always an honor to have you around in one form or another. You're stuck with us, and we're very happy to be stuck with you, so, YAY! just the same... PAR-TAY!! [face_dancing]

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Sainty :(

OI OI OI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.