main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Farewell To Atticus

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    He is leaving us soon for California, lets all wish him a farewell! Hope he returns soon.

What fanforce there IS will be behind you Atticus. :D

2. medfordforcemaster

medfordforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    NOOOOOO!!! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how long is he gonna be gone??

3. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    A few weeks, he's having his surgery done....although I don't know where he is NOW to be telling you this himself....lol.

4. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Ahh, thanks you Larena, seeing this brings warm fellings to my heart.

Medford, Im going to be gone for at most (crosses fingers) 2 weeks. I have my surgery on Thursday. It took my stepdad about 5 days until he left the hospital when he had his heart surgery, but that was also in Salem, so I might not beable to ride back until acouple days after I leave the hospital. But I want to, So if I leave right away I should be back by the thursday after this coming thursday.

I will try to update you guys if I ever get a chance. I hope that they have computers that I can use that they can bring inot my room. uUnfortunately for them, they will have to be prepared for me using it all day :D

Well see you all later, have fun doing whatever it is you do. I will talk to you all later.

5. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Hehe, good luck down there Atticus! Hope everything goes out all right, and when you get back on your feet, we'll have a smashing FanForce party!!!

6. medfordforcemaster

May 3, 2005
    thats a bummer dude. is it heart surgery like your dad, also?? hey, stay strong, my prayers with you, and, of course, may the force be with you

7. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    IM HERE EATING PIZZA AND DRINKING WATER BECASUE IM RADIOACTIVE!!! HURRY CALL THE HAZMAT STAT......AURGH!!! :D

Its giong good, but if you wait patiently Larena will update you all.

8. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Ok everyone, here's the sitch(this is from Atticus):

I have done 2 tests allready today and about 12:00 we have to have a consultation with the doctor. That should last about 2 hours and then Im off to LA to vivit the school tomorrow. We should get to LA around 9 or 10 tonight I think. Then tomorrow is the tour of the school and then after that I might go shopping. After that we are coming back and then Im going to have dinner with the stepfamily. Then on Wensday I come in and have about a bazillion hours of tests(more like 5) then I go to the hotel and get ready for thursday. Then on thursday I need to get to the hospital by 5:30 in the morning and then I don't know when the surgery is. But like i said in the other PM my mom will PM you and let you know how I am.

9. Muchie

Muchie Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2003
    Man, I disapear for a while and Atticus goes to California to visit the doctor! Well...in a matter of speaking.

Well GOOD LUCK, I will be praying for you Attichris. ;)

10. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Im going to be gone an extra wekk because the doctor wants to make sure that I will be fine. NNOOOOOO. But the good thing is that I can ride an airplane home. See ya less than 1 minute on my carfe card See ya peoples. :)

11. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Well THAT stinks. :p

12. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Oh yeah, to anser your question it was $2 for 23 minutes, $5 for an hour and then tons of money for tons of hours after that. So I guess it cheap, I don't really know.

Just sitting here at the hotel sitting in my room watcfhing the fresh prince of bel air. I forgot how funny this show was.

13. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Here's what Atticus has been up to lately folks:

Not really been doing much, just sleeping in the back of the car while my parents drive me everywhere for about 6-7 hours a day. We went to LA yesterday after I had the tests and then we left around 2:30 today. They had a hard time finding our way back to stanford, we didn't get back until about 9ish and then it took about an hour and a hlaf to find a hotel.

I took a tour of LA film school and it was pretty impressive. Then I found this one costume store that had a life size Yoda i the window. So I went in and theyhad a Chewbacca costume for about $800. I did find an airsoft gun for $15 thats what they used for Han Solo's blaster, so Im going to convert that.

Well, tomorrow I need to get up at 7 and then to the hospital at 9 for 5 hours of tests . After that Im spending the day with my dad and stepfamily. Then its off to bed for a 5:30 am check in to the hospital and a 7 am surgery. The doc said it should take about 6-7 hours to do. Then its a couple days of ICU and then aocuple more days until I can leave the hospital, then they want me to wait another week so they can make sure that im fine to leave. So I should be back home around the 1st I think.

14. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Farewell to all!!! This will e my last post for a while. Be well all of you.

May the force be with you all. I know it will be with me becasue I step on holy ground today in Marin County. Lucas wouldn't destroy the very being that help make him what he is today :)

EDIT: Hoy Poo doo, who would have thought that my finla post would also be my 1900th post. Thats cool becasue 1900 is a lucky number...or so Im told :).

15. sentinelsquad

sentinelsquad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    May the Force guide the surgeon's hands and bring our friend back to us safe and better than he was when he left.

16. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey guys I bring good news about Chris! This is what his family had to say:

Chris came through surgery really well. He doesn't think so right now because he is hurting but the doctor said he did great. He should be better than new. The doctor also fixed a couple of small holes that he found after he got inside that should of closed when chris was little but for some reason did not. So everything should be fixed and he should be better than ever. He is in alot of pain right now as you can imagine but it will get better every day. We know this because Jim just had heart surgery about 8 weeks ago and he is fine now. Will give you more updates as we get them and we are trying to get online service in our room so when we get Chris back to the hotel you can bet you will be hearing from him. I'll be intouch again later in the day. Kimmie

17. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Awesome, I'm very glad to hear that! Can't wait to hear from him, hehe.

18. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Things are moving along quite nicely, it wont be long before we do hear from him:

We saw Chris this morning and he was doing great. He was sitting up in a chair and blowing on the little respirator thing they give him to help expand his lung capacity again. Don't know the official word for it. He even smiled afew times so that is good too. The doctor came in and said he was doing great and gave him some pointers on using the breathing thing. Actually he told him a secret on how to cheat alittle. The result will be what the nurses want but it will be easier for Chris to achieve it. They are planning on trying to take all the tubes out of him today and move him out of the ICU. That will be great because then the visiting hours are not so restricted. We are still trying to get the laptop up and running, that is why I didn't get a report to you last night. Will let you know more as soon as we know anything. Thank you for your prayers and your support of Chris. Kimmie

19. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Well, here is some more:

Not much new to report tonight. Chris says hi and wishes he could talk. We finally figured out how to get the lap top to work so you will be hearing from Chris as soon as he gets back to the hotel. He sat up twice today but tomarrow they want him to get up and walk around. He needs to do that so they can move him out of ICU. Will talk to you tomarrow.

20. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Well something must have happened because I'm not getting anymore updates. Oh well, I'll just keep waitin. [face_clown]

21. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    You are all in our thoughts Atticus....!!uoy htiw eb ecrof eht yaM

22. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    it's just as I thought, I sensed it through the force somehow:

Chris had a bad day yesterday. He wouldn't eat at all. He said his throat felt like there was something stuck in it. Anyway he got behind in his recovery because he got so weak from not eating and then he couldn't get up and do his walks. Today was much better. He ate some of his lunch and dinner and was able to get up and walk around the halls three different times. His goal is to walk 4 times without being dizzy and eat his food. He doesn't like the food much. It is pretty bland, not much flavor or seasoning on it. He wants to get out so he can get a pizza. The doctor said they are aiming for a Wednesday release. I'm sure he will do better tomorrow. Sorry I didn't give you a report yesterday, I was alittle upset since he wasn't doing that great. I'm sure we will have nothing but good things happen from this point on. Will talk to you tomorrow.
    Kimmie

So it's a good thing he's in the clear now.

23. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    This may be the last update that isn't from Chris!

Was sorry to heart about your ordeal with the poison oak. We know how bad that caan be3. Jim gets it really easy. He can just breath in smoke from someone burning a tree and he breaks out all over. I hope you have the burning under control and we will pray that there is no lasting side affects to your skin. Chris did great yesterday. He ate food and got up and walked about 6 times. Two times he walked up and down three flights of stairs. I had a hard time doing that yesterday. We are hoping to get him out early today. The doctor has to see his results from his tests yesterday first to make sure eveerything is ok. Hopefully Chris will be talking to you later today. Take care. Kimmie

(I have poison oak, and a 3rd degree burn. I told them about it. Just incase your confused.)

24. medfordforcemaster

May 3, 2005
    :eek:poison oak AND a third degree burn. Well, I can guess how you got the poison oak, but how in blazes did you get a third degree burn?? Hope it feels better real soon. Glad to hear oh atticus boy is doing good. hope he makes a full recovery quickly and easily. My prayers are with him

25. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Its time to turn those frowns upside down, Im Back!!! :)

Well Kind of, Im out of the hospital, thank GOD (bunch of savages those nurses are ;)) But I'm at a hotle until this weekend most likely.

Yeah, the good thing was that I had a GREAT doctor, the bad news is that the nurses were about as organized as a group of Gungan's led by Jar-Jar after the shield generator is destroyed ;).

Well I just got done taking a shower, that felt so good. Now I'm just waiting for my parents to get my meds from Walgreens and then we are going to get PIZZA!!! YEA!!! YAY!!! YEEHAW!!! YIPPEE!!! =P~[face_dancing].

I can't wait, the hopital food was horrible ofcourse, and they promised and my parents promised me they would get me some pizza once I get out.

Not doing much, Playing with my Han Solo Blaster, watching Judge Judy and Im just checking the net to see what I missed. Im actually suprised to see how busy this place has been.

I'll talk to you all later.

[face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.