main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Farpoint 2006 (aka SippyCon)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Grand_Moff_Stallion, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I don't have much to say at this point, but I did want to create the topic since I did tell someone to check out this thread.

Anyway, still thinking about a meeting in the con suite? I realize we can't plan much of anything since we don't have a scheudle, yet (I know I'm going to want to see Harve Bennet speak, but that won't be until probably the evening, anyway).

2. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    I might go see Harve as well. We'll see. I'm up for a con suite meeting :)

3. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Hey, if I make it to Farpoint. you mind an old member popping up for a visit.

4. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    We're not getting a hotel, so don't make the meeting too late :p

5. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Dude! Good to see you again! Sure, come on down!

Ok, why don't we make the meeting a lunch meeting? Depending on the schedule of course. I haven't checked, it's still not up yet?

6. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    The schedule's not up, yet. I just checked. I suppose I could also just put up a link to Farpoint, and that'd make it a bit easier for people. :)

I think we figured a lunch/afternoon meeting was going to be the order of the day, but I think we also wanted to make sure no one's only-panel-I-was-interested-in-going-to was going to conflict with that.

7. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    What about an early dinner time meeting then? It would not conflict with the schedule and can be wrapped up before it gets late and starts to conflict with the evening schedule.

It's just a thought however.

8. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    This looks like fun, and I recently read that Harve Bennett was on a show called "Quiz Kids" around the 1940s/50s. He was so popular that there were fan clubs devoted to him. Just to throw some useless trivia into the mix!

9. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    At-At Commander, please come to the meeting if you make it to Farpoint! Or just snag us in the halls and say hi!

For those who haven't been to Farpoint, I can heartily recommend it as a very mellow and fun con. We usually try to have the meeting in the con suite to take advantage of the snack foods and the central location. It's always on Saturday, and usually in the afternoon sometime - once the schedule comes out, we'll know more. We can put it on the flyers we'll leave around too.

And even if you miss the meeting, if you see some Amish SW costumes or otherwise hear any of us talking, don't hesistate to jump in and say hi! We hardly ever bite.

And anyone else who's been, feel free to share handy Farpoint survival tips such as....

If the weather calls for snow, bring the shovel in to the hotel room from the trunk of your car. Just in case.

The liquor store is next to the Giant on Timonium Road.

A Wegmans apparently opened up in that new Town Center next to the Walmart so good hot food can be had quick and easy.

The hotel only cooks burgers well done.

10. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Holy Cow! Wegmans openned near the Hunt Valley Inn? Oh boy, the food there is GREAT! *drooling*

11. TK813cricket

TK813cricket Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    There's an entire new strip mall- including a starbucks for some DECENT coffee. They may also have some new restaurants. It was a bit of a drive ( not sure exactly how far down 355)- but at Shoreleave we found a sweet little sushi place, and brought back tons to our room and had a real feast!

12. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    If it's the same Sushi place I'm thinking about, I think that's been there for years.

In fact, it's probably the place where I first had sushi (keep the jokes to yourself, this is a family site, after all).

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    And there's a Cheeburger Cheeburger for tasty milkshakes.

14. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

[Homer]*drool*[/Homer]

15. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Hey folks, 'tis Abhay from NYC/Long Island. Some of you may know me from Shoreleave last year and from D*Con. I'll be attending Farpoint this year and am looking for a roommate. Would anyone like to split a room with me to keep costs down?

16. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    T-Minus 29 days and counting.

Are ya ready to smash some fruit?

[image=http://vacation.generalsquarterly.com/images/Picture%201.jpg]

17. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    My room is fairly full right now, but there's a mailing list on the Farpoint site you might check on.

18. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    ark ill have to check closer to the time, I am waiting on tax money to see if I can go. Ill email you closer to time if you still need a roomate. anyway, I am still hoping to come if just for Sat. but that depends on the weather.

19. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Looks like we're coming up for Saturday and actually staying into the evening for once.

And I expect plenty of dances with Charles at the Ten Forward extravaganza!

Be there Chuck or by God I'll come and find you!!

Hey Eugenia, Ken'll be jealous as all get out when he sees Charles and I dancing the night away!

20. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Chas you better save some dances with me too yanno ;) Unknown whether Jeremy will make it...we shall see. His father's birthday is on the 17th so *shrugs*

21. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    So Bruce, will there be an entry fee to see this "proper" dance? ;)

22. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Whoa!

Charles dances with NO ONE but me!!!

I hate being so possessive but sometimes one has to be in order to hold on to that thing he or she values so deeply.

God, where am I going with this!!!!

23. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

:eek:

Well Far Point just got more interesting...

24. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Sigh. Ken never dances with me.....

25. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    Okay, first of all, there'll be enough time for me to dance with everyone (speaking of dancing, check out the hall area outside 10-Forward before that but after Masquerade, assuming we're done w/ the Amish Garrison ;)).

Secondly: Bruce, you can't have me all to yourself. What would Mace say? :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.