main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Farpoint and Katsucon THREAD.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Okay. If you're going to either of these, tell us here!

And this is also a thread to post flyers in. So people can print them out.

:D

So who's going to where? And what days?

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm glad you started this - I was going to try to find out more Katsucon info for those who were interested. I did talk to a friend yesterday who works security at it and there's supposed to be 10,000 people. Yowza!!

But Ken and I are still going to Farpoint, mainly because neither of us are anime folks.

3. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    10000??? Wow. And they were complaining about running out of space at the Hyatt two years ago so why are they back there?

For now, here is the website link.

http://www.katsucon.org

4. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I'll be at Farpoint on Saturday the 15th. :)

5. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    According to my "source," they didn't have much of a choice due to some problems last year with the hotel (at least the Hyatt knows what to expect), and convention center type places are too costly. My friend seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem that there would be so many people.

But hey, that's halfway to the size of DragonCon!

6. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    10,000 we could almost fill our own ship with that!

Sheesh last year at Katsu I kept running into the same people, maybe its just cloned people...

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    When Katsu was at the Hyatt two years ago, I didn't think it was much of a problem. There didn't seem to be too many people. But the staff just kept going on and on about how they needed a bigger place, so last year they went to Baltimore. Frankly I didn't think that was any better. I just can't believe they're back that the place they complained about!

I hope someone will make some flyers soon with the website address! (The website will be up very soon, I promise!) I would make some myself, but I don't have photoshop at work anymore. Grrrrrr.

http://www.echuta.net/gs

8. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    LOTS O' PEOPLE = GOOD.

Hopefully all the people cosplaying Weiß Kreuz will be the assassin outfits. ;-; And we're going to have an overrun of FFX-2 characters. *eyeroll* I R A FLOWERMAN!

Yeah we'll finish the website probably this weekend. XD

9. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am planning on going to farpoin sat and sunday.

10. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    We'll have to set a place to meet up at Farpoint when the time comes.

11. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Hey, I may not be a member of the DC Fan Force (yet), but I don't have any problems with meeting and talking to other fans in the area! :)
    If you happen to see this guy...
    [image=http://graphicd.fanshawec.on.ca/g2003d/monk/jack.jpg]
    (click to enlarge image)
    ... walking around at Farpoint, say hello! 'Cuz that'd be me. :)

12. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, we'll definitely set up a place to meet when the time comes. But I'll keep an eye out for you!

13. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I want to go. But i can't. OH well.

14. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Hmm. Place to meet.

Place to meet.

Place to meet.

I have it! How about the BAR!

Now we just need a time.

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ok, I'm Event Coordinating here...

Tentative meeting plans for Farpoint:

On Friday night, let's meet in the lounge area between the Front Desk and the Bar (it's full of comfy chairs and such) at 7 pm. Then again at 10 for latecomers.

On Saturday, let's make the same plan be Noon. Unless that's when there's a good speaker. In which case, perhaps I'll stick a sign to the escalator.

I could set meeting places for KatsuCon too, but I don't know anything about that one... Still, how about Saturday noon at the coffee bar in the Hyatt? (It is in the Hyatt, right?)

Okey-day, consider everyone coordinated!!

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    LOL! Thanks for the coordination, Eugenia! And yes, Katsu is at the Hyatt. :)

17. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Glad to coordinate - the real test of my abilities is coordinating for places I won't be. But I can cheat and go check out the Hyatt at lunch or something.

The Farpoint programming schedule is up on the website. As a result, I'm changing the Friday meeting place from 7 to 8 pm.

Edit: screwed up the link to the schedule. I'll have to fix it later on when I've got time for a break. But you can find it fairly easily from the website.

18. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Yeah a plan I love it when a plan comes together! I will be there at 7PM!

19. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    As I mentioned before, I'm only going on Saturday. This weekend is President's Day Weekend, and I work retail. At the company I work for, the policy is that we are all supposed to be at work all 4 days of a holiday weekend like this, Friday-Monday. Well, at least those of us that are Store Managers, at any rate. So, it was hard enough for me to get Saturday off as it is. But I put in the time off request weeks ago, before I'd even looked at a February calendar. So I didn't realize it was a holiday weekend.
    So, the whole upshot here is that I'll be getting there as early as I can Saturday, definitely should be getting there before noon. And I'll stay until I feel like I've done everything I wanted to do. :)

20. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I think when I get there on Friday, I will re-read the schedule and pick a better meeting time and place for Saturday. I'll post it on the bulletin board (I seem to remember one) near the lounge/bar/restaurant.

21. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Jan lo and I have plans to meet up at Katsu on Friday evening. I am going to call her on her cell when I arrive at the hotel so we don't have a location set yet. I'll also be there on Saturday. :)

22. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I have no idea what time I'll make it to Katsu on any of the days. (I haven't even decided if I'm going all three days or not. TK is though...) :)

23. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, some of you went to these cons today, others are waiting until tomorrow, as I am.
    I'll be braving the winter weather to go to Farpoint tomorrow. I hope to see some of you there. :)

24. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey guys, This is MasterSiFo-Dyas from Docking Bay 516. Our president, Moorglade, is down in Maryland at that Farpoint convention with you guys. They were supposed to leave today (sunday), but they are having 2 feet of snow being dumped on them. The local airports are closed and Maryland is reporting that its the 5th biggest snow fall in Maryland's history.
    It looks like our pres will be snowed into that hotel with the Galactic Senate and other conventioners. It cant be too bad, because the ECG is with you - and the hotel has a bar. Moorglade's first comment was "We'll have to go out on Taun Taun's."
    Have any of you been able to get home today? --Billy

25. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Here's a follow up message from our stranded fan force heros from inside the snow covered Far Point convention hotel. "Help Us . . We think their going to eat us!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.