main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Farscape Recent News

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by vasmir, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasmir

vasmir Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2003
    For you fellow star wars / scapers out there:

Yeah, so I was surfing the other day and I found what might be the big one for the return of farscape -

http://www.starburstcards.com/KarlswebSpoilers/Spoilers-The%20Return.htm

the TV Guide article is here:

http://tvguide.com/news/entertainment/031112.asp#B

... Could be good news

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hmmmmm, could be good news. Although I'll hold out until something gets posted on savefarscape.com. We all know how rumors fly ;)

Thanks for the update Vasmir! Keep us informed, and long live the Scape!

'Guys I apologize in advance for any incivility or insensitivity on my part but it is beer-o'clock where the hell is my riot?'
    -John Crichon: We're So Screwed - Part 2: Hot to Katratzi

3. vasmir

vasmir Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2003
    yeah normally I'd ignore any rumors, but when 'TV guide' releases something thats happening, it makes all the rumors feel like they could be close...

4. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    humm... I'm definitly curious. After turning down Sci Fi's initial offer of only 13 episodes, why would they then make 6? I'm not complaining. More Farscape is ALWAYS a good thing but it seems a little odd. I guess we'll see tonight.

-Jack

5. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    That would sooooo cool if they brought Farscape back, even if it is for a few episodes. I mean, we still have to find out how they are going to bring back John and Aeryn and Pip's sight.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    From savefarscape.com

Savefarscape.com is now free to confirm that the rumors swirling have their basis in fact. Farscape, cancelled last year by the SCI FI Channel, will return as a 4 hour mini-series. While we can't currently name the source of this information, please know that we wouldn't post this news without a trustworthy and solid source. Also, please note that the Jim Henson Company has made no official announcement as of yet.

Filming will begin in December and the mini-series is expected to air next year. There is no current word on distribution. Ben Browder and Claudia Black will reprise their roles as Commander John Crichton and Officer Aeryn Sun.

A Jim Henson Company production, Farscape was aired for four seasons on the SCI FI Channel before being cancelled in September 2002. The fourth season finale and last new episode aired at the end of March 2003.

The fans reacted immediately to news of the cancellation and began one of the most impressive fan campaigns in television history. Through a strength of spirit and ideals of community and family, the fans of Farscape have created something fabulous and achieved something that should have been impossible.

Take a bow Scapers, you did it. You saved Farscape and don't let anybody tell you differently. This is all yours. You kept the hope alive, you kept Farscape alive, until the people behind Farscape could get back to work on telling us the rest of the tale again.

Your job isn't done yet, though. Take a while to enjoy this victory and then let's get back at it. Let's get more eyes for Farscape. Let's get more viewers. Let's put Farscape in the hands of every person we can reach and then, when the series airs it will be such an event that not even the most optimistic of us could have anticipated the response.

This is only the beginning. Farscape will continue because of you and the future of the franchise is in your hands.

Thank you all. For your time, your ideas, your letters, your hope, your joy, your determination, and your unwavering support.

Congratulations. Back to work.

-- Red

Maybe this will insipre me enough to get working on my pulse pistol holster...

Anyway, so how about that Farscape marathon that's been put on the back burner since March? Season 4.1, Dec. 2nd!! :D

"It's just like a VCR, except easier." -John Crichton, I, ET

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I also thought this was cool:

Today is a momentous day in the history of fan campaigns. On this day, we
    have achieved something that no other campaign in the history of fandom has
    ever achieved. You think you know what I'm talking about? You don't. Trust
    me.

On this day it can FINALLY (see everyone, I did have something up my sleeve)
    be announced that ADV Films, in conjunction with www.watchfarscape.com, are
    going to be Corporate Sponsors of the US Navy.

What does that mean for us? Well, there are 88 Liberty Centers worldwide.
    That includes every single Liberty Center in the country as well as those
    overseas.

ADV Films has stepped up and offered to donate FIFTY BOX SETS to the Navy
    for this project.

That means that if we are able to purchase 38 more box sets, we will have
    Scaped the ENTIRE US NAVY. Period. There will be a Farscape box set in EVERY
    SINGLE LIBERTY Center in the world.

Along with that, we will be acknowledged as corporate sponsors by the US
    Navy. That means that every single entity (corporation) that comes through
    looking for something to donate to the Navy will know what we've done. There
    is even talk about the possibility of having a display in their "trade show"
    area. When Pepsi or other corporations would come through, there would be a
    display stating "ADV Films, www.watchfarscape.com and MWR...serving the US
    Navy" with FARSCAPE as the focus. FARSCAPE would be on display.

'Flying threw wormholes ain't like dusting crops farm boy. It takes a little finesse' -John Crichton, Into the Lion's Den, Part 2:
    Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.