main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Farscape

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I could do a day thing. But you and I Q seem to be the only ones interested. And since I only have a DVD player on my computure (and that would not do Farscape justice) we'll have to go somewhere where there is a real DVD player.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I have a real DVD player, although it's hooked up to a TV from the 80's and a stereo from the 70's :p

3. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I'm always interested in watching 'scape and I'm definitly going to be picking up 4.1 this week but I have 2 exams on Saturday so Friday's a study day for me.

-Jack

4. vasmir

vasmir Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2003
    I'm thinking one way to do farscape justice and to get some more people into the scaper action is for somebody to get a digital projector. We could show a few dvd episodes practicly anywhere, in the UC, on a wall... be creative.

Oh and Best buy doesnt have 4.1 yet. And I only have season 2 on dvd, so as they say - its slim pickens.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, Best Buy isn't going to carry 4. They almost threw me out of the store when I heard that one :mad: I'll probably just wait 'till I get home and pay a visit to Suncoast.

anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering

If we get enough people interested I have no problem getting a DVD player, projector, screen, and PA system.

and for edit 3: Jack and I each have all three season, plus I have the rest on my comp, as I'm sure Jack does.

6. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Like I said, I still need to at least see an episode or two, but I am not going to be able to any time soon. I'm pulling enough all-nighters as it is. It's sick that I'm looking forward to finals so that I can at least have a little more time to relax. :(

I'm so pathetic!

7. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    I'll leave that one alone.
    I'll still be around for a few days after everyone leaves, so I could use a little company and a little Scape.
    I'm all for getting other people interested in Farscape.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think I just failed my second Physics test of the semester, so I'm locking myself in my room until Saturday night, praying to the Physics god's, sacrificing some chickens, ya know. Sorry guys :(

9. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Sorry to hear that, Q.

Just remember- nearly everyone fails physics III. If it helps any, at least you can be thankful you don't have Azeem... :)

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    See, I would have no problem failing if I hadn't studied for a solid week, but when the test is all of these obscure/trick questions it really ticks my off. Like finding scattering on a screen. I could that in my sleep! So what does Fleck do? Oh, now it's bouncing off a mirror! I was half expecting the last question to be 'A polar bear pees on an igloo. What is the color of the car parked under the lightpost at Chicago/O'hare?' *sigh* Thanks anyway Jayna. The effort is appreciated :)

Good luck on your finals everyone.

11. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    We have to do this some time, but i think this week is not the best time, i think i bombed 2 test this week to so i have to do good on the finals

12. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Q man, get some sleep. Sounds like physics is gonna kill me next semester. I have to study for my Meterology test (thankfully it's NOT a cummulative test). :D But I do have to take Com 122 all over agian. :_| Maybe next semester we can do this.

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    hey all, just thought I would post the avatar that I'm using for the holidays on another board. I thought it's kinda fun :)

[image=http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/K/k4m4caZ1/1070653684_Q_Avatar.jpg]

14. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Festive! :D

Did you make that yourself or did you find that somewhere?

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Naw, I had one of my buddies on a Trek board do it for me. He did one for everyone so the whole board just looks goofey. Even the ships have hats! :p clickie

16. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Umm... yeah. Here I trusted you and innocently clicked on your clickie- only to find myself violently thrown into a nauseating world of extreme Star Trek-dom.

AHHHHHH!!!!!! ;)

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    muwahahahahaha!!! Actually, I'm currently using the Galactic Empire skin on that board, but yeah :D

Just use either the Rebel or Empire skin and hang out in the non-trek forums of the board and you'd never know! ;)

18. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    SO you mean that by using the skin, when you are viewing the boards, it looks to you like Star Wars and not Star Trek? I suppose that would make it a little better...

Although I still think it was pretty evil of you not to give me warning that it was a Star Trek link.

19. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    I like Star Trek. But that was kinda scary. Whoever did the hats had WAY too much time on his hands.

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    yeah, check it out: Empire

and

Rebels

And only about half of the board is still dedicated to Trek. Most of it now is general sci-fi and misc stuff, which is where I hang out most of the time because, yeah, Enterprise sucks. I miss TNG :_|

And Jayna, I think you are becoming the only Beachtrooper that doesn't like both Star Wars and Star Trek. Not that I'm trying to single you out or anything :)

21. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    That's fine. I am just fiercely loyal and not afraid to stand up for what I believe in.

...either that or I'm just a stubborn punk. :D

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, you can order 4.2 from Amazon for $27.99 and get free shipping. I don't know if anyone has made the trek to Suncoast yet.

23. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Best Buy has it for $25. I got it for $20 cause I know someone who works there :)

-Jack

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I hate you

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Heyo, it looks like 4.3 comes out the 23rd! What a way to enjoy the break ;)

Now, here's hoping that Best Buy has some nuerons firing and ordered a few copies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.