Farscape

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hey Jayna, don't feel bad, 'cause I don't like Star Trek either. I also don't like LOTR ::ducks flying objects:: And I've never seen Farscape or Babylon 5 ::ducks more flying objects:: I know, I know, I'm not the greatest sci-fi fan there is. :p
  2. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    oh look, someone within reach of my lightsaber blade!! [face_devil]
  3. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'll watch Farscape with you guys...I've heard it's very good. I don't want to be mauled. :( ;)
  4. samati75 Jedi Youngling

Hi all! A fan of your local group here as well as a Farscape fan. (Hoping to do a bit of cross-promotion here!)

Anyway, the SciFi Channel ("Skiffy") announced that the mini-series will air on it's channel (boo!) near the end of the year.

I invite everyone here to visit http://www.watchfarscape.com and find out more. But more specifically I invite you all to http://www.floridafarscape.com and join the campaign locally. We know that having you on our side can do nothing but help!

Thanks!!!

Samati75
  5. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *sigh* I can't believe SciCrap got the mini-series. I can't wait to see how they promote it.
  6. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm confused. Does this mean that they are bringing Farscape back? What is "the mini-series"?
  7. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, since they were promised a 5th season and never got it, they had to just cut the series off (no ending, a bunch of plot holes, etc) A few months ago Henson bought the rights to the show back. Since Henson was one of the major pushers to get the series going in the first place, he put a lot of energy back into getting the show back. Unfortunately, with SFC not willing to sell their chunk of it (reruns), they weren't able to get anyone to buy the series and get it on the air. So what htey did is wrote a four hour mini series (Farscape: Peacekeeper War) that SFC channel is going to play in December that will hopefully complete the story. How the heck they plan to take 22 episodes and compress it to 4, I have no idea. But that's the story as far as I know it. Feel free to jump in anytime Jack.
  8. jackdoud Jedi Youngling

star 1
    As far as I can tell the miniseries is gonna be worse than the start of season 4 and here's my reasoning. At the start of season 4 we were left with just Crichton. slowly over the course of about 7 episodes they brought characters back in in an attempt to reintroduce people to the show. Unfortunatly there was so much backstory that most people who didn't have scaper friends had no clue what was going on. By the middle of season 4 we had the crew going to earth, bizarre plotting by Scorpi and Sikozu, and we still didn't know what the heck was up with Granny. Soon after the whole Scarren mess started which required even more backstory what with everyone wanting wormhole tech. Suffice to say, while it was an amazing season that was beautifully written and produced, unless you knew farscape you had little to no idea why anyone was doing what they were doing. Now, at the end of season 4, Crichton and Aeryn have a little problem. The miniseries will undoubtedly start from this point which will result in the largest simultaneous "HUH?" ever heard on the planet from people who don't know scape. Then they will have to re-reintroduce the characters as well as enough backstory to make the story make some sort of sense all within the first part of the miniseries. Once there done with THAT, they have to resolve the plot holes they left open, fix Chiana, meet a new alien race that looks like a jigsaw puzzle, start this peacekeeper war thingy, have the crew somehow get involved, and then get some sort or resolution to it before the end of the miniseries. It's gonna be hard enough for scapers to figure out what's going on much less people new to the show. Unless Skiffy does an intense Farscape training course from now until the mini airs, it's only gonna be fanservice.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it but that's just my two krendars.

-Jack
  9. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I agree. I've told everyone that's asked me about it that they probably will be completely lost. If it is still slated for December, I plan to have a Farscape marathon towards the end of November. I've got a few of the Riddle Players interested, so perhaps I could do it in the auditorium. I'll let everyone know when the time nears.
  10. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey all, there's a few new chat transcripts up. One with Ben and Claudia (Crichton and Ayren) and with Brian Henson

Ben and Claudia

Brian

Here are a few excertps. God I love these people:

[ChatMod] {skchwojko} to {ChatQ}: What did you enjoy/dislike about playing Aeryn as a new mother?
    [Black Tee] Aeryn's a mamma?
    [CHICKWITHGUN] Always needing to pee
    [CHICKWITHGUN] Yeah. It's time for Palimony
    [Black Tee] Cept... who's the daddy?
    [CHICKWITHGUN] I didn't like it much because Aeryn hated it.... it's in her way of contributing to the ship
    [Black Tee] They feed babies to moya for fuel
    [Black Tee] Finally we find out her power source
    [Black Tee] Farscape tech at it's best

[ChatMod] {CaptainKirk} to {ChatQ}: Hi. What sort of emotions do your characters go through during the mini-series? Will there be tears?
    [Black Tee] Yes
    [Black Tee] many tears
    [CHICKWITHGUN] never... soldiers never cry
    [Black Tee] mostly from the fans
    [CHICKWITHGUN] ben crys like a big fat girl
    [CHICKWITHGUN] but a cute hairy one
    [CHICKWITHGUN] ga
    [Black Tee] I take that as a compliment

[ChatMod] {skchwojko} to {ChatQ}: Do you think Baby Sun looks more like Claudia or Ben?
    [Black Tee] Rygel
    [CHICKWITHGUN] ah.. .that's a sensitive subject
    [Black Tee] Who kinda looks like Yoda
    [CHICKWITHGUN] the equivalent of mail man in space looks like what?
    [Black Tee] Who kinda looks like Frank Oz

11. jedidoughboy Jedi Youngling

i thought it was totally wrong the way they left farscape. they gotta show what happens to john and erin after they were turned to dust. you don't drop it like that. also i wonder if any farscape dvd's will come out? i would love to have it.
  12. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I believe one more set is going to come out and they'll be done with the series on DVD. Your best bet is probably looking for the box sets on ebay.
  13. jedidoughboy Jedi Youngling

i'm kinda hoping amazon or colomnia house.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.