main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Farscape....

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by Ruckus, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Anyone else upset by the ending of the show? That was my favorite show. Now... I still have Enterprise to watch- but there is now truly crap on TV.

2. _corey_

_corey_ Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2003
    Perhaps we should start in independant channel viewing all the fanfilms :)

3. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I think we should make a Farscape/Star Wars cross over film- I wanna play Dargo. The premise is while looking for a new wormhole home Crichton finds one to another part of the Universe in a galaxy far, far away... This happens well after the events of DS2 destruction and Crichton comes out near Yavin 4... So Crichton explains his situation and is allowed to land his Farscape module at the Jedi Academy- then a shocking discovery occurs- Luke senses that Crichton has some latent Force powers- which is really how he navigates the wormholes- I made that part up of course- so he begins the training and there is a scene where Crichton is wearing a backpack with Rygel on his back. And yatta yatta- we make the rest up.

4. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Oh man, I was so upset when the show ended. And that little blurb by the SFC at the end really tweaked me off :mad: If you are serious about doing some sort of Farscape parody, let me know. I have a pulse pistol and replica PK duster.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    "In light of the fact that The Jim Henson Company has been bought by the Henson family, we'd like to highlight the role of Brian Henson in the life of Farscape and the passion that he has for this show.

From the Farscape: The Illustrated Companion by Paul Simpson and David Hughes:

"The last word on the genesis of the series goes to David Kemper: 'Brian Henson did something that people don't do in this business. You work for big companies, and they're institutions. A project dies, and it dies. Your executives go and hire other writers, they create something else. But Brian, stunningly, had a passion for this show, and because it was a family-owned company, with him in charge, no one was telling him, 'You have to let go of your dreams.' So Brian held on to his dream, and Brian made the show go. 'There's a lot of people that there'd be no Farscape without, but in the very beginning there'd be no Farscape if Brian Henson hadn't held on for five years and said, 'I'm going to make Farscape. I don't care what they tell me, who gets in my way, how the obstacles are thrown, I'm not letting the show die.' Rock and I, we had to go off and make a living. Brian made a living too, but he never let go, and obviously he was right. Son of a gun, he sold it! There's no Farscape if Rock doesn't write any scripts, but boy, there would be no Farscape if Brian Henson hadn't gone back and sold what was essentially a dead project, and resurrected it. Brian KNEW that he could produce a good show, and he made it live through that act of dedication.' "

6. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Nice post Q. I thought my Farscape post was dead. At Megacon I got to meet Lani Tupu. I spoke to the guy who does the voice of Rygel a little. I saw Vriginia Hey- but I didn't talk to her. I wonder in 20 years if Sci-Fi will do a re-visioning of 'Farscape' and frell it up like they probably will with another Sci-fi show I know of- Battlestar Galactica.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, I was at MegaCon dressed up in my Crichton PK duster and all of that good stuff. I was dissapointed that I didn't see anymore people supporting Farscape. I got to meet Tupu as he was leaving for a break, and that guy with all of the Farscape props let me hold Tupu's pulse pistol. :)

8. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    DUDE! Where did you get a PK Duster from!!!! Does it look like the one from the show!!!! Farscape clothing has got to be the coolest clothing of any show! Save Al's pimptastic suits in Quantum Leap and the costumes on Battlestar Galactica- oddly enough designed by the same guy- Jean Pierre Dorleac- I may have mispelled that- going from memory. well anywho---- any info you can give me on that would be mondo aprreciated. ohh- I was supporting Farscape!!!! When I was there! I wished I had seen ya there!

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Oh man, that would have been great! I got the duster from strike team props I WOULD NOT ORDER FROM HERE!!! It does look pretty accurate but I had all kinds of problems. First I had to pay in advance, then the guy literally dissapeared for a month. I had to threaten him with an FBI investigation to get my duster. The quality is subpar. The buckles are not only the wrong ones, but they were put on backwards and he only single stitched the sleeves so they are starting to pull off. I'm just waiting to get enough money to take it to a seamstress and have her duplicate it in better quality. His props aren't that great either. I have one of his pulse pistols and comm badges. The badge is made of a plastic material and the pistol isn't very high quality at all. He's just banking on the fact that he's the only one that makes this stuff. And if you think my situation is bad, I've been talking to a guy that ordered a PK vest 6 months ago and still hasn't seen it.

10. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Man that blows... yeah I want a PK Duster- but I'm not going to go through what you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.