main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Fat Americans

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    What the hell is it with everything on the internet ASSUMING we have unlimited bloody cable broadband and huge download rates?

I blame the Government. Fix the bloomin' Internet Rudd! Or we'll bloody get you! *picks up a stump* You arseclown!

Time to fight. Who is with me? Let's get them. All the rotarians, homeschoolers, the sad-stay-at-home cretins who fix their despair with self-medication and take all the glory of having HUGE internet quotas, loading torrents that are as high as 20 BLOODY GB (yeah, heaps useful) to cover their own unhappiness.

Order another pizza you fat bludgers! Drink some more "soda"! Get out of the basement, or we'll kick you out! You know the way to the airport, and if you don't; JE has the engine running!

JE, your thoughts?

2. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Just fat. Fat fat fat. That's all they are. Fat miserable wretches bemoaning the lack of seeders. We don't have the capacity you fat *****. Leave us be.

Just like the bloke up the road and his BUTTER. Ridiculous.

3. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I hearsh ya brudders. Revolution time

4. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I say we transform the hallowed VicFF halls into a staging ground for the "shamelessly elite" militia.

We'll take the world by storm; one cognac snifter at a time.

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    You should use utorrent; it allows you to pick and choose which files within a torrent to download. :p

6. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Well, given that I don't engage in illegal file-sharing I wouldn't know much about torrents, but if I did hypothetically engage in such behaviour, I'd probably already use uTorrent, and mroe be ranting about the general gumption of folks who host a 20gb+ torrent of anything. And of course, how rubbish broadband is here.

I blame telstra.

7. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    "I don't mind a couple of spam threads around here" - Cahill the Tyrant

8. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    This is not a spam thread, it is a serious discussion about the state of web play in this nation!

9. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Speaking of the interwebs, torrents may be all we have if this Filter of God gets through the Senate.

10. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Yeah, I heard about that. What the hell. [face_frustrated]

11. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Well, we knew when we traded in the Rat King for the Ruddster that he had a bit of the ol' religious nut in him. We can't all have the luxury of an Obama to elect. :p

Yeah, the censorship bill stinks, but it'll probably die in the Senate, and if push comes to shove, I'd prever Lindsey Tanner reading through my emails than say, Tony Abbott.

Just sayin'. ;)

12. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
  13. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Australia will probably end up only having access to yahooligans.com

14. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    So let me get this straight, you think "fat" americans are behind your lack of unlimited broadband. Now thats probably the stupidest, most racist thing ive heard in a long time. I dont know if you meant to offend me (ive let everyone know im from the US) or it was just plain stupidity.

15. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    1)America is not a race, it's a nation.

2)Perhaps you'd like to re-read the first two posts again, and have another shot at characterising the tone of this thread.

3)Remember, the internets are very serious business.

16. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    As old grandpappy Mixo used to say

"You can't catch a rabbit in a patchy net"

17. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    First off all rascism is not just about color, it could be your religion, nationality-or have they not gotten that far in your education yet. Second I was making a statement about the title-i found it offensive YES! How dare you come back at me accusing me of being the one wrong here. When other posters have an issue on here they are treated with respect, why not me? Thanks alot Mixo for turning this into a joke instead of making sure all who post here feel they are treated fairly.

18. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Sorry, oldbenk, if you took offense to the thread, it wasn't meant that way. PoT wasn't blaming Americans for the lack of good internet here. He was merely bemoaning the fact that because the US has pretty awesome net speeds and limits, he can't download entire movies/series etc in one ginormous hit. :p I'm positive it wasn't a personal attack against you, nor was it meant as any kind of descrimination. :)

19. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
  20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Skate is correct to a degree. I was concerned about the title of this thread, and consulted the Admins. They said the same as Skate, but if it's going to offend, maybe the author can consider a new title ;) One that gets the idea across without the offense?

21. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I'm getting a good giggle from all the self-righteous indignation, to be truthful.

22. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Empiricism:

http://www.nutrition4health.org/nohanews/NNSp94AmericansFat.htm

http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S000282239500114X

EDIT: http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&artid=1449406&rendertype=abstract

Do a search for "Obesity in America" on http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ - you'll get 10,000 hits. Fat Americans = truth.

Many, many Americans are worryingly fat.

I propose a theory: many of these Fat Americans are fat partly because of their FAT internet access that leaves many anchored to their over-worked chairs downloading rubbish all day.

23. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Is downloading slang for eating these days? Those kids with the ebonics: it just keeps evolving!

..and isn't that great; evolution. Taught in schools, Western Secular values, devoid of hollow superstition and homeschooled homogenity.

I laud your empiricism. THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD J-E!!! Refuting tantrums with SCIENCE. Rationality. Systems. Industrial Process. Men and Machines, working together to PRODUCE results.

It's got me excited. Let's share a salad and go out and get in a fight.

C'mon Victoria; We are Australia: AND SO CAN YOU.

24. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Hey, do you want a bite of my fried chicken?

25. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Is it southern fried chicken Thokety chopper? Yuk Yuk Yuk Yuk

Ah, gawds. I still remember the night they burnt ol' dixie down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.