main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fat Guys Like Star Wars Too!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by GersonSith, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Hey, I just was wondering if any of you had any idea, besides Jabba, a Gammorean, or the Rancor Keeper, that a big guy can use as a costume. I made a jedi outfit for EpII, but it doesn't really look right to have a fat jedi. Just wondering, please give me some ideas. Thanks

2. Darth_Dra-aken

Darth_Dra-aken Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    There was a Jedi in the comics, (Jedi Council: Acts of war) called Micah who was pretty big, also Porkins in ANH, or you could go as the Death Star ;)

j/k :)

3. SpyBoy

SpyBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Boss Nass too... thats all that leaps to mind.

4. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Hmmmm... Orn Free Taa?
    It would take loads of make up and prosthetic work, but it would be super cool to see somebody do it.

-sg

5. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    You could say you are from a planet where everyone looks like you. :)

How about a bounty hunter? They come in all shapes and sizes. So do members of the senate.

The ewoks were a bit rotund as well.

I am sure you will look great as a jedi. I remember seeing the chubby jedi from the comics. He had a weird haircut, but he fought with two sabers.

Talon

6. SaberSlinger

SaberSlinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    You could always be an Imperial or Rebel officer too. The things you'd need would be easy to find and it wouldn't be too expensive.

o]||||{ -------SaberSlinger-------

7. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    what about that big rodian guy from JKII, he was big, very big........

by the way, remembered his name ..... Its was Relo Baruuke, and i am trying to hide my size (i dont think i'm fat, just big) for my film so i am trying to make a muscle suit so that i even out, but no one wants to help me on how to make it......:(

8. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    I made a Tusken costume that fit my cousin who is about twice my size.

9. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    how about porkins?

10. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Oooohh! Porkins, that's what I was thinkin'!

Go for it, and MTFBWY!!! ;)

-~Dormé~-

ps. Hats off to your honesty about your sturdy thing! :) That's the courage of a Jedi knight... or I think I'll sort you into GRYFFINDOR!!!! (har har) *laughs at her own "clever" wit* :D

11. rtoodeetwo

rtoodeetwo Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 1999
    I'm fat too and my wife just finish our Jedi Knight costumes. So don't worry about it.

12. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    Why not a Gamorrean guard?

I have never seen anyone do one well or at all for that matter of fact!

I have seen plenty of 'heavy Jedi'. I will count myself as one. I have also seen stormtroopers that come in all shapes and sizes.
    I don't know how many times I have heard the "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" line. That is fine, because it is funny and I like to laugh.

But, if you have the natural shape for a Gamorrean guard, PLEASE don't be afraid to GO FOR IT!
    I know people will be amazed and think it is the coolest thing they have ever seen if you do a good one.
    It has a mask, so no one will know who you are!

13. evlsith

evlsith Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    OK so does anyone have any patterns for us fat guys to use to make jedi costumes??

14. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    im a fat jedi, got a problem?

15. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    There's also Dexter Jettster (the guy who owns the diner) which would be cool if you could figure out how to do the extra set of arms and the head. If you want more of a "flashy" costume, the senator idea would be great. And different; not many people pick unknown characters like that. Look to Renaissance England for inspiration for senators, since that era was an inspiration for many of Amidala's gowns.

I, personally, don't think it would be odd to see "heavy Jedi" running around. When you have all kinds of species as Jedi, why worry about size?

16. SaberSlinger

SaberSlinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Oh - I forgot about Sio Bibble. That would be an easy costume too.

o]||||{ -------SaberSlinger-------

17. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Jabba the hut!

and get a chick dressed like Leia to walk around with you!

18. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Hee, I'm a fat Jedi too, but not for long! Joined Weight Watchers and take lightsaber classes twice a week. 20 lbs. and counting! And I don't have to give up ice cream!

I kind of like the Senator idea. Those long robes in rich fabrics DO look very regal and imposing.

But there is Porkins... and pilots are so... [face_love]

19. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    have you tried slim fast? no joke, it works! if you follow the directions...

20. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Years ago I tried SlimFast. It tasted awful. Was hungry ALL the time. Lost 6 lbs. That was it. Gained it all back.

Trust me. WW is WAY better. You can eat or drink ANYTHING YOU WANT... ice cream, beer, Chinese food... the key is portion size. I eat 4 meals a day (B,L,D plus a mid-afternoon snack), with generous side dishes of veggies which help fill me up. Drink lots of water which fills me up AND keeps weight off by making sure that I'm not retaining water due to dehydration. No special foods to buy or eat (except for those veggies).

And (for me the hardest part) exercise classes twice a week, with 10 minutes of moderate excercise (a walk around the block) every day. I figured if I REALLY wanted to be a Jedi, I had to walk the walk, which must include health and fitness. Not to mention a family history of diabetes that I want to avoid getting if possible. I need to be getting more exercise to make a spectacular change. I'll get there eventually. Am taking on a third class (epee sword fighting) this summer.

I may never look like Depa Billaba or Adi Gallia (sigh) but it's nice not to have to do *all* my shopping at Lane Bryant.

I still like the Porkins idea. Pilots. [face_love]

21. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    I lost 25 pounds since last Halloween.

My motivation = stormtrooper armor.

:)

22. SpyBoy

SpyBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    I was thinkin` at the midnight sessions it would be cool to see a guy as jabba, but alas no one seems to have that much rubber.

23. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Never hurts to have motivation! Hm, maybe I should go to "Community" and start the "Jedi Weight-Loss" thread...

Jabba WOULD be a cool costume... for about 10 minutes. But having to drag a heavy tail around for much longer... uh-uh. Cooler to look at than to wear, I expect!

24. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    IM NOT THE THINEST GUY AND I DID A SITH COSTUME . I THINK MOSTLY IT HAS MORE TO DO WITH HOW YOU FEEL . THE QUALITY OF THE COSTUME HELPS TOO . IM A HEFTY SITH , BUT IM A HEFTY SITH WITH A SWEET COSTUME !

25. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    well i am not like extremely obese or anything but i need to loose some weight to get some clone trooper armor to fit, i have been using slim fast for like 3 weeks, i've lost about 15 pounds, doesnt taste bad at all... it never hurts to try it... i feel pretty good that i did actually... people look at me weird when i buy it but i say screw you to them at least i'm loosing weight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.