main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fatalism

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by new_jedistarfighter, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new_jedistarfighter

new_jedistarfighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    In our world, fatalism (Punks will be punks, rich kids will be rich kids) is a very big problem. I, for one, think we can change this, but ti will take something big.

Watching the OT a couple days ago, I wondered: we know Vader is evil. He is ALL evil. He is nothing but evil.

Then, in ROTJ, he changes, back to what we got a glimpse of in TPM. He changed back to Anakin Skywalker, the loving man. in ROTS we hopefully will get a closer look into the evil Anakin, and especially Vader. As I said before, we see him in ROTS, at the end, as pure evil. Soon though, he made that change, and I believe that we can too.

So I ask: Do you think ROTS might change your or other fan's perspective on fatalism? Even without the new movie, does the Star Wars Saga change your opinion just a little bit. I have always been anti-fatalistic, so it didn't really do anything for me. This could be more than just a Star Wars discussion, but I believe it ties in with everything we see in the whole Saga, reinforced by what we see in ROTS.

So, what do you think? Once a Sith, always a Sith?

Please discuss.

2. CharlieA

CharlieA Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    I agree with your point, hopefully ROTS will show yet another different side to the changing Anakin Skywalker that will be food for thought in the mind of fatalists, although whether it will have an effective enough impact to effect a wider audience will be left to be seen.

Having seen the young boy Anakin and the dying old man Anankin, Ep.III will be a key point in the character's development, one that could possibly forever change the way we view the OT, and fatalist Star Wars fans would find that hard to ignore.

As in ROTS Anakin makes the big transformation from Anakin to Vader, people who believe in fatalism will see that circumstances can change events, and events can change people, but as shown at the end of ROTJ, people can change back, unlike events.

3. Plurimus

Plurimus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 1999
    I think fatalism (and destiny) in SW will be opened up when the new movie comes out and the discussion of Anakin being the fulfillment of the prophecy is out in the open.

I already know what this is and the idea is predicated on the fact fulfilling the prophecy comes during ROTS, not in ROTJ when Vader kills the emperor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.