main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Fate of the Clones

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by themetresgained, May 18, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Watto I know there 54 with age acceleration.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Precisely. At 5 BBY, even the very first Jango Fett clones (created c. 32 BBY) would only be roughly 54 (equivalent) years old.

At 4 BBY, roughly 55-56, and so on.

Now, early-to-mid fifties is certainly fairly 'old' for an infantryman fighting in the field, so I suppose that's the frame of reference Filoni was using.

But for a high-ranking Officer, mid-fifties wouldn't be considered old at all. Not in our world, and not in the GFFA (plenty of officers in SW are shown to be around that age).

All of which makes me think: "Boy, I don't know about anyone else, but I sure would love to see how some of these clones who are aged 55, or so, might look."

Happily, Temuera Morrison is now -- you guessed it -- 54 years old! So we can actually kind of see how, say, mercenery/freedom fighter Rex or Imperial Colonel Cody might look during the Rebels era. :D

The most recent photo of Temuera I was able to track down after a quick search was taken about 5 1/2 months ago (late August, 2014).

Check it out:

[​IMG][​IMG]

And so... I guess we have a pretty good idea of what any first-generation clone in Rebels should look like. Not exact, of course, but you get the idea.

What do we think? Personally? I say not bad!

"Old man?" Nah! I'd take Rex looking like this (and still kicking butt) in Rebels in a heartbeat. :)

3. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    They could always introduce another version of Ko Sai's research in the new Canon as a was to get around the 'old man' issue. For anyone that doesn't know Ko Sai researched a way to stop clone age acceleration and her findings were recovered by clone commandos of Delta and Omega squad along with the Null ARCs. These clones used the research to age normally on Mandalore.

4. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    Dude that's so awesome. I have these books on my shelf I have been saving them until I finish a few others I have been reading but Idk how much longer I can resist lol.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I definitely think that at some point in telling these new stories, they really should address the issue of the clones and how they are effectively robbed of 1/2 of their lives. I don't know if they'll do it anything like it was portrayed in the EU, but somewhere in the new canon, this needs to be looked at.

There's a really good story in there, just waiting to be told. It's too good of an angle not to explore.

And for the clones, it's too fundamentally a part of their story to ignore.

shorttrooper likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  7. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    That's beautiful.

"Heroes of the 501st" by Chris Dee.

I look forward to seeing the final result!

Coffee Two Sugars likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  9. Coocoo for Lekku

Coocoo for Lekku Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 9, 2015
    That is GORGEOUS! Suitable for framing and staring at several times a day!

10. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    Oh wow I just realized that's Fives profile there. I was trying to figure out who it was and saw the tattoo

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I will be so, so sad if clones don't crop up in Rebels. I don't like word of God explanations, such as Pablo saying clones were too independent and too old, without showing this or explaining it in the show itself. Any clones prepped by the end of TCW would only be 30 years old biologically. The US military will take people until they're 35 by comparison. If I recall, it's federal law that personnel be eligible to retire by the time they're 50 (after 20 years of service). Though that doesn't mean they HAVE to. I think around the age of 60 is when they start pushing officers to retire. 30 year old clones could still plausibly be serving a combat role. And the older clones like Cody, who would be 55-ish would still have value as instructors or officers. Even if the clones are relegated to suicide missions or high risk Jedi exterminations (they did serve along the Jedi after all and would know their behavior)... Even if there is a relatively small number of clones still in service, I think they should definitely crop up, and I think it's incredibly lame if they leave Pablo's explanation as a definitive answer to justify not showing ANY clones in Rebels. They were soldiers that saw war, that knew the Jedi, that at the very least should be training these recruits enlisting during peacetime.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

So very true I wish there was a way to like your post more then once even seeing clones go on missions that are death traps would suffice.

13. P4KISTAN

P4KISTAN Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2013
    If Cody was able to shoot at Obi-Wan without a second thought, Rex should be able to do the same. Honestly I don't like the idea of all these insubordinate "hero" clones. The sole purpose of their lives was to defend the Republic/Empire, not the Jedi.

I like to think of the clones as being stationed in the core worlds and being part of Darth Vader's retinue.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We understand that and unless he somehow gets his chip out then it's a certainty that he will kill Jedi without thinking literally.

15. Coffee Two Sugars

Coffee Two Sugars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    :) *sigh* This is pretty sweet ...

16. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    It sure is.:)

So, Phase 2 Rex is obviously the featured 501st clone in the work and we can clearly see Fives in there, as well...

But who are the four clones at the bottom? They almost look like troopers from the early Imperial 501st to me.

And what about that Commander? Who could it be?

Pauldron? Check. Range finder? Check.

Yep, it's Imperial Stormtrooper Rex. :_|

Nah. I'm just kidding. :p

Actually, it looks like Echo.

Oh, and Rex is one of the bottom four, too.

But who is the clone second from right? The chest markings look familiar, but I can't place it at the moment. Is that Hardcase?

And the final clone (all the way to the right of the picture)? Is it Dogma? I think I'm the least sure about that last clone.

Anybody?

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The clone right to the left of 5s is Echo.

18. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    The guys to the left of Hardcase is Jesse. You can see the outline of the gear if you look closely.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep, I know. I was just kidding about the 'Imperial Rex' thing. :p

Jesse!

Thank you! I was having one hell of a time trying to make out that gear! :D

20. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Ha you're welcome :D I'm surprised no one noticed that Republic gear.

21. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Perhaps after all of the clones age to a point where they can no longer function, they are sent to an outpost world provided to them by the Empire with nothing, but them as the inhabitants. Maybe it becomes a practice target for the prototype version of the Death Star and almost all of the clones remaining in the galaxy are destroyed as a result.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Dear Lord! [face_devil]

You know what the Empire offered the military vets in the old EU?

Retirement:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CF_VetCenter
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Troopers'_Rest

But it's a brave new world in Star Wars these days, so who knows? According to Filoni, the clones are doing things like training Stormtrooper recruits (which sounds like it has potential -- too bad we never actually see it), or exciting things like working the docks.

In other words, Lucasfilm isn't exactly putting a glorious asset like the former clone soldiers to effective, dramatic use, if you ask me.

Eh, but it is what it is, I guess. [face_dunno]

Maybe they did blow them all up. :)

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That would be horrible.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The chip could be another issue why the old clones were terminated, to prevent any more malfunctions. We already saw a clone taking his own chip out which Sidious took a personal interest in and had to do damage control, he woulnt want this anymore as the Clones like the droids served their purpose. Plus it wasnt really top a top secret thing as world spread around about the chip and plot against the Jedi so the possibility of clones waking up on their or the chip not working right existed and Palpatine's rivals could always use this information. It would be better to terminate all the Clones once their mission was complete. Thats not to say Sidious didnt have another template in mind as the Jango clones were already showing too much efficiency and independents they could rebel or be used against him. But some rogue Imperial commander or even Vader could always reprogram Clones much like Tyranus and Sidiosu did, so these weapons could be used against him. So this could another reason why clones were phased out and weren't renewed once their time came to die. Plus they had the built in aging issue which we saw in 99 which could be another hint at what happens to them. I really do not think the 501st exist anymore, as Vader in the comic kills Stormtroopers as if they were the enemy, he cares nothing about about them, and they're enlisted soldiers not mass produced product. All of Anakin's Clones mostly died a the Jedi Temple , not even Rex was in ROTS so he couldve died beforehand during the war.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    That was a pretty thoughtful post you shared, but this part I thought was remarkable.

I don't know that I agree necessarily that Vader's 501st "mostly died a[t] the Jedi Temple."

While some clones obviously fell during the battle with the Jedi, I actually think ROTS shows us the opposite. For the most part, what I saw was the Jedi getting cut down by the clones and Vader. And it very much looked to me as if most of those clones walked out of there alive.

Still, Obi-Wan and Yoda did have to fight their way through some of the 501st to gain entry to the Temple, so a fair number would have died then. Is this why you feel most of the 501st died at the Temple?

That would make sense, I suppose. But I never personally had the sense that Kenobi and Yoda had to fight their way through more than a few of the clones who were unfortunate enough to have been tasked with standing guard at the Temple's entrance, long after the bulk of Vader's death squad had already left the scene of the battle.

I don't know, maybe you're right. I know I've never heard anyone suggest that the 501st was wiped out during the march on the temple. Like I say, to me, it seemed very much the opposite.

=========================

But whatever the cased may be, I'll just say this: If the 501st are still around c. 4 BBY, I'd sure like to see them with Vader in Rebels.

Which reminds me, I wonder if we'll get to see any personal Stormtroopers accompany Vader when he shows up this week?

Just think, it's not completely out of the question that we may be getting our very first canon look at the 501st, post-ROTS, in just a couple of days.

Now, that's an exciting thought! And if Vader does have any troops with him, how cool would it be to hear someone acknowledge on-screen that they are from the 'five-oh-first'? [face_praying]

darklordoftech likes this.