main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Fate of the Clones

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by themetresgained, May 18, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

What I meant is like a person could buy a max of 5 clones or something like that.

2. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I'm probably going to cross the line here in to extremely dark territory which will probably never even happen in Star Wars, but can you imagine if in Rebels the crew stumbles across a planet which has a section of a mass graveyard where they dumped all the Clones into rows of massive pits without headstones after their usefulness went out? I'm talking like mass graves holocaust style. I mean they could find a way to imply this without even showing the thousands of bodies. I mean right now there's been no trace of them in the OT. Perhaps even the Empire somehow had them all killed through their control chips in their head or by other means and perhaps only kept the most useful ones alive.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wow thats extremely dark and if the Empire went that route they would just jettison them into space.

4. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I guess it would depend on what part of space if they wanted to cover it up.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If I was the Empire I would use them all as free slave labor.

6. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Rex doesn't seem like the kind of strategic leader. He's more of a hands on commander. Cody definitely would fit being an officer like that (he is described as a tactical genius). Imagine Commander Cody sitting at the head of an AT-AT and commanding troop movement on the battlefield. Now I'm not saying I would like to see Cody in those weird uniforms with those hats, I'd rather see him in a bulkier and more armored version of Kallus' armor, like with a closed visor and more plating, but I think it would be fitting to have him be a general like figure that isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. And I'm sure his previous commander-subordinate relation with Anakin would help him not get choked to death. Rex I could see as the one working on direct action operations under the orders and planning of Cody.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Something I would want the answer to as soon as possible is what happened to all the under age clones after ROTS.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I read Tarkin just the once when it was first released (I intended a second reading, but became sidetracked with other, IRL concerns at the time), so I may be a little rusty with it.

I do remember Crest. I remember kind of liking him. :)

And I recall that yes, he was at first deemed a disappointment by Vader. But if I remember correctly, in the end, Sgt. Crest not only somehow avoided what looked for all the world to be a fate of death by Force strangulation (otherwise known as the "Vader special"), but actually earned himself a field promotion to Lieutenant (with Vader saying Crest had "redeemed" himself). I'd have to check to be certain, but I think this is how it went down.

What I cannot seem to recall at all, for some reason, is Tarkin's sense of surprise at seeing a clone "still" in service (though I do recall something of Vader questioning if Crest were too old to perform his duties following one of Crest's earlier failures). I'd be very interested in Tarkin having that view, though (do you recall, was this sometime around the time when Tarkin and Vader boarded the gunship on Murkhana?). Thanks for the head's-up! I'll try to flip through my copy maybe sometime tomorrow. :)

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your on point with everyhing he fails vader 3 times and then helps set up an ambush and hijacked a ship for them thus redeeming himself.

Crest http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crest

10. greggalan254

greggalan254 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2014
    What happened to the Clones? When did they become Stormtroopers?

Apology accepted Captain Needa...

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

Tarkin doesn't really make a big deal out of Crest. I guess surprise is the wrong word, but Luceno seems to go out of his way to point out that Crest is the only clone under Vader's command for the Murkhana mission.

This is a mere 5 years after TCW. Let's say Crest was among the very first batch of Clones ready for the Geonosis mission in AOTC. That would still have make him 36 years old biologically. More than enough in shape to remain in service, yet the way Luceno writes that part makes it sound like Crest's presence is a rare thing following the war.

And in ROTS there is this scene, which seems to suggest that the clones were replaced by recruits pretty fast following TCW. As though the clones were not something slowly phased out, even though they are still combat worthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6bEs3dxjPg#t=3m49s.

It's just conjecture on my part, but there are several possibilities I can see. One being that following Order 66 there were issues among the clones, like Tup. That once Order 66 was issued, the Clones did their job to eliminate the Jedi but then perhaps didn't return to "normal," with a few exceptions like Crest. Another idea is just that recruits were cheaper, clones were not necessary and so Palpatine told Kamino that he didn't want any more which might have sparked an uprising and shown how unreliable the clones actually are, since their loyalty to each other trumps their patriotism. Or even the idea Jedi Knight Fett mentions of further clones just being put into forced labor positions, which could be why many become "disaffected" with the Empire. Whether slavery or executed, I think any kind of injustice shown to newly "born" clones would alienate the army.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    O there then Rex what other clones would you want to show up.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think there's hope for Rex, unless he's a Rebel. The ranks in the Star Wars universe are a little messed up: Generals (an army rank) in space - e.g. Lando, Tagge; Commanders (naval rank) on the ground - e.g. All the various clone commanders.

In Tarkin, Yularen is no longer an Admiral in the navy, but instead takes a position as Colonel for ISB. So, the rank of colonel does exist, but the only colonel we ever saw to my knowledge was Gascon, who was more of a joke character. I'm guessing the GFFA equivalent of "commander" is equivalent to the US army rank of Major, or Lieutenant-colonel, and this seems to be the highest clones are allowed to go. With non-clones filling the ranks of colonel and general. With Appo being Commander by the time of ROTS, I'm guessing Rex already went AWOL or was killed by that point. Maybe he listened to Fives, went AWOL and got his chip removed.

My point about ranks is that it seems like the clones were kept from ascending to the more cushy, high ranking military ranks and were kept low enough to remain in the field, so I don't think Rex got promoted to Colonel or something and got moved like Yularen did, but I don't know.

Things like training the stormtrooper recruits seems like it would fall to ranks like sergeants. Maybe Cody and some others did get promoted to higher ranks and moved to Coruscant to serve as advisers or something like that, in which case I'd like to see Cody again, and some other clones that we never saw get developed, like Neyo and Bacara. Thire would also be appropriate, as he served in the Coruscant guard.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wanna see a clone with Fulcrum.

Coffee Two Sugars likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love the idea that the 501st remained clones. If Ozzel and Needa are anything to go by, Vader doesn't like working with others.

I also wonder whether the 501st received Order 66 or were ordered by Anakin to kill everyone in the Jedi Temple.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    If he's still alive, I actually think that is the likeliest form for Rex to take in any future depiction.

In fact, when we heard Bail Organa explain that the crews of the three blockade runners in last evening's episode were comprised of 'other cells,' it occurred to me that Rex might have been aboard one of those ships during the battle.

Oh and also, those rebels in the Ghost with Ahsoka? We didn't exactly get the best look at them, of course, but did anyone notice whether any of them may have been clones (or clone descendants)?

When I think back to the Lucasfilm reps telling us about some clones sticking around and training new recruits, Cody has always been the fella I picture in my mind's eye.

It actually dovetails rather nicely with Cody's EU fate, and I think it would be really neat to see him turn up again in this capacity.

Iron_lord and darklordoftech like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    SO guys the 212th which Cody was the commander of is officially still around during rebels so Take that as you will.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Was there something new? I do recall the HoloNet mentioning something about a 212th a little while back.

And hey, speaking of the HoloNet, now that the season is over, maybe we can get some updates?

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

It was from the Holonet.

21. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    We know how Filoni loves his continuty, with all the nods of TCW in just the first season of Rebels and obviously now Ahsoka becoming a supporting character.

I'd be really surprised if we don't get a Cody/Rex mention or appearance on the show.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder what Thire knows. He's the one who found Vader's body on Mustafar.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    See thats something I was thinking about Thire plus the all of the 501st have seen vader without his suit while he was vader so did they all just keep it a secret.

24. BluegrassTK421

BluegrassTK421 Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2015
    I'm curious to see what happened to the clone as well. Although I am not able to find the link at the moment, I believe there is an interview with Filoni that says most of the clones were pulled off the front lines due to their accelerated aging, and then reassigned to menial task (doing dock work was specifically mentioned) and other projects. I'm curious as to whether we're have cannon mention of the Dark Trooper Project now...

In the EU/Legends continuity, in the earliest stages of the Dark Trooper Project the researchers created the Phase Zero Dark Troopers. This project was undertaken to return Clone veterans to some form of combat effectiveness -- by heavily implanting them with cybernetics. In some cases, a full 70% of a Clone's body was replaced by cybernetics. Given that this was a forced upon them, and many clones were already bitter at their fate, the Phase Zero Dark Troopers are noted to have fought with a suicidal bravery on the battlefield. For the crew of the Ghost, and Ahsoka in particular, I think running in to even one Phase Zero Dark Trooper would be a hard-won battle -- and very poignant. After finally defeating the Phase Zero Dark Trooper, Ezra goes to remove its helmet -- and both Ahsoka and the views get a shock at seeing the face of Echo or Rex underneath.

Of course, I can also see some of the Clone officers having been reassigned to more prestige positions. I've have no doubt that clones like Dogma or Echo could've wound up as instructors at places like the Imperial Academy on Mandalore or perhaps the one on Carida. It's easy to think that Sabine's issues with trust and blindly following orders could've been - at least - sparked by a run in with a Clone officer on a bad day. Sabine starts to say something about following the rules -- to have the Clone instructor snap and rant for a moment about how that's an idiotic thing to do. Perhaps even getting angry enough to let slip some details of Order 66.

25. Base Delta Zillo

Base Delta Zillo Jedi Knight

Feb 5, 2015
    some clones were instructors for STs but something I would love to ask Pablo is what happened to all the baby clones we saw in the Fives arc.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.