main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fate of the Jedi (9 Hardcover Series) General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by THRAWN007, Jul 2, 2008.

1. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Maybe it's just a 256 page list of all the Jedi we haven't heard from in a while and what happened to them.

Ken: Died hard
    Rosh Penin: Died harder
    Tash Arranda: Street magic special

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That sounds like a code for.....no, not gonna say it.

3. sgtelias31

sgtelias31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2003
    I sincerely hope/figure this is post MF. It would be really weird for Allston to write post-ROTS as Post-ROTJ is his area.

4. jacenskylo

jacenskylo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    I think he's so talented he could write any era.

5. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    ?

epic: heroic; majestic; impressively great

Allston: jokey action scenes galore; introspective depth...not so much

6. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm trying to excited about this news but can't. Maybe once we know something, anything beyond the title and author I'll be more interested. Hopefully it'll be the start of a new post-MF series.

7. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Fate of the Jedi. My guess is that it's post MF, might deal with a rift forming between Jaina and Ben on how a Jedi should be(assassin or redeemer), and show how a few Jedi along with Jaina split from the Jedi Order. Those are my guesses on what this might be. With a title like Fate of the Jedi it would make some sense because all that would deal with the fate of the Jedi Order.

8. ARC-77

ARC-77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    This seems pretty good to me, especially if it's post-LotF. Allston's were my favorite books of the series, and I think he does a good job with the Jedi.

9. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    The good thing is that Allston has the courage to create new Jedi characters, which has become a rare thing. My fear is that this series, FotJ, will be LotJ for adults...[face_worried]

10. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    How much you wanna bet Daala decides it's time for the Jedi to go?

Could explain the formation of a splinter group (eventually known as the Imperial Knights) who decide to take a more aggressive approach to fight back. Then again, didn't we cover that territory in the NJO books?

11. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Yeah, and NJO said 'aggressive Jedi splinter group baaad!' - but honestly, is there anything else left from NJO to be discredited? Maybe some years down the road, we'll get to see the Ossus project sabotage from a point of view that proves how good it would have been to slaughter the Vong in the first place.

I just wonder if Jaina will take Kyp with her. They could go for 'irony' with Kyp only leaving the Jedi in order to watch after Han's daughter...

12. TD33

TD33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2008
    during the NJO didn't jaina and kyp agree that they were partners? I can definitley see kyp as one of the jedi splitting from the order but only if luke does indeed die/vanish i think that kyp has too much repect for luke to leave while he's still around.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I cannot see Kyp leaving the Jedi now, especially to join the Empire. But he must have weird feelings serving Daala as Chief of State now anyways.

14. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I still can't believe we're discussing Daala as COS. Maybe if Invincible hadn't done a disservice to past stories and made everyone so rah-rah (Han and the Jedi especially) about her getting the job. I can understand if everyone else wanted a bit of order after years of war, but didn't Jacen's rise to power sort of show them that that didn't work?

Ahh, so much potential I just don't understand the EU sometimes! Is it too much to ask for a logical explanation for a bizarre course of action?

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Haha, I hadn't thought about Kyp having to talk politely on a daily basis to the woman who tortured the bejesus out of him back in his teens.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    And Han speaking well of her.

17. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

Well Leia and Pellaeon got along fine considering he was the 2nd in command of the force that tried to kidnap her twins and give them to an insane Dark Jedi. [face_mischief]

People and circumstances change.

Troy could have done a little more to show why Daala was the only choice everyone could compromise on, but I have to problem with the basic fact that she is CoS.

18. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    *Sighs heavily.*

Do I really have to completely forsake Star Wars profic? Is it really true that the novels are hading toward a comicbook futre history? Do we really have to experience another era of Jedi desrtuction?

For the love of the Force, George, haven't you punished us enough.

19. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Well, to be fair, if you asked GL Im sure he'd disavow any and all knowledge of the EU, as always.

20. Darth_Monopoly

Darth_Monopoly Jedi Master star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    Well, obviously, as darth_Boba said, this is a book to show what happened to Jedi who's fate is ambiguous. Only instead of a list, each book deals with a different Jedi.

I can see it now. Fate of the Jedi I: Mace Windu

It begins with a "disarmed" Mace Windu wandering the streets of Coruscant. How awesome would that be!?!

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this no matter what, page length or setting or whatever, because its written by Allston, and he's awesome, so I'll probably buy it.

21. DragonMaster_85

DragonMaster_85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2007
    Sounds cool, even if it seems a tad short.

A Dark Times novel would be great. Preferably K'khrukk and/or Quinlan, Tholme, etc. on a trek to the Hidden Temple.

Or something set after Millenium Falcon. They won't kill of Luke, but maybe some of the others will (finally) get the spotlight. Some sort of tie-in to Legacy would be nice.

22. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    At the end of May, Aaron Allston popped onto SW.com's VIP thread.

I had the following exchange with him at the time.

More fuel for the fire.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    We'd all know that he'd eventually become the mayor of Sernpidal, so... :D

24. CoppiceThorne

CoppiceThorne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2008
    In any currency $27 may not be convenient -- but look on the bright side, it could be worse. ;)
    For an American: $27 USD retail; Amazon -- ends up around $18USD + shipping.
    For an Australian: $50 AUD retail; local online store -- $50AUD + $5-8 shipping (non-express). Thankfully from Amazon, inclu. ship. $30AUD -- though it would be nicer to have the option of getting it closer to $20, and within three days or so instead of sixteen... [face_whistling]

25. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    very funny but mace windu is dead.