main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Fate of the Jedi and Aftermath Fan Club - looking forward to Crucible and SotJ!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    I haven't read it yet because my Borders is being slack and keeps pushing back the date and saying they have it, and then they don't it. But from all I've been told about it, I'll love it :) Especially the fact that Tahiri is in it and she isn't mentally ill anymore (well at least I don't think), and JAG AND JAINA ARE BACK TOGETHER!

2. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    THis obviously won't make me friends with majority around here, but I don't really trust Jag. I didn't trust Baron Fel and Jag inherited my mistrust. I prefered Zekk to tell the truth. I hope we can still be friends though! :D

3. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    I really liked after they were done on Doran. Ben singing in a high pitch voice. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I haven't laugh that hard since I'd read Rebel Dream and Solo Command. I really like the way Aaron Allston writes. He make the characters seem more real and more human, not unlike some authors. His Star Wars books always seem to make me laugh, sometimes at the smallest little thing.

4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    What was it supposed to be, a animated ewok for a tv show right? That was funny! :D

5. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I really liked Outcast. The Luke/Ben interactions, the masters (Kenth has a personality!?!?), Jaina subverting Daala, and most of the rest was great. I'm only upset that we didn't get any POV scenes for Corran, as it's his son that just went crazy (and his daughter does too in the next book. It's like having LOTF without any of Han and Leia's thoughts on what was happening to Jacen.

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Definately join, but unfortunately I'll have to wait to see all this goodness:_|

I still have three SW books waiting for me to read them since the start of this semester, and those are just the ones I own! Outcast and the Fate of the Jedi will have to waite over a week once the semester ends[face_worried]

7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Also there was a Gammorean Jedi. [face_laugh] That is up there with the Hutt Jedi from I forgot which book. Was it Darksaber?

8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I just bought Outcast this weekend, it was 30% off so I figured I would give it a try. So far I am liking it.

9. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    It was Planet of Twilight that had the Hutt Jedi, Beldorian the Splendid.

10. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i ama fan of fotj as well

unlike the rst of this web site, i loved the njo. lotf was pretty good, but failed me in the end.

11. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    I'd forgot there was a Gammorean Jedi in the book.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    tj, I'll agree that getting a PoV from Corran would be wonderful, but Mirax' PoV was pretty decent in that respect, very much so. Corran was quite tied up by the plotline.

Not long until Omen. :D

I'm very psyched thanks to the extract from the back of Outcast. Ship is back! :D

13. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    The Gamorrean Jedi is intriguing due to the fact that I have a friend I loan my Gamorrean Head (from my regular Gamorrean Guard costume) and hands to and he wears it with his Jedi robes... It was quite the hit at Dragon Con this past year, even Sansweet wanted a photo with him...

Anyone know if this character has show up before and can you jog my memory as to where it was debuted?

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/books/eb_LTS1precipice.jpg]

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Jedi_Journal_Books_FOTJ_Ebook_Tie_In_122654.asp

Coming in June from Del Rey is a tie in to the Fate of the Jedi series, entitled: Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #1: Precipice. This eBook, written by KOTOR scribe John Jackson Miller should provide some backstory on this new threat to the Jedi. (Omen spoilers underneath!)

Holy awesome, batman!

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    A must have! [face_hypnotized]
    And done by JJM! Double win!

16. LadyKeira

LadyKeira Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    I thought I wasn't going to like this series with Luke being the outcast, but the first chapter won me over by putting Jaina and Jag together right off the bat. I'm loving the relationship between Luke and Ben, too.

What about Zekk? Have they forgotten about him? I'm really surprised that Jaina hasn't gone off looking for him.

17. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    An e-book done by JJM is definitely gonna be something I get.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It looks like Zekk is going to get his own novel - which was supposed to be released considerably earlier than Christmas. It would have elaborated on the frosty Imperial-Hapan relations, and Zekk's fate. So his fate will be alluded to, but not focused on, until later in FotJ, it looks.

19. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    That would be pretty cool. They've haven't really had many novels where he played a major role. Well I suppose the Young Jedi Knights and Dark Nest but he wasn't exactly a lead role then either. I want another Corran Horn novel from earlier on. And a Kyle Katarn.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    There is a Jaden Korr novel coming out called Crosscurrent, actually, by one Paul Kemp, I think. :D

21. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Well, the series just started. ;)

I thought that was canceled. Or delayed. [face_thinking] :confused:

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That was the Zekk novel, Blood Oath, which was delayed until Christmas. :)

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And a back cover for Abyss has been released...

[image=http://www.starwars.com/img/vault/books/04292009news/abyss_back.jpg]

24. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Is that Leia? On the back as well...

25. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    If that's Jaina then someone needs to be shot at Del Rey.

EDIT: Okay so this is Mara. Shot that person twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.