main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fate of the Jedi issues...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by OutsiderJediSam, May 29, 2018.

1. OutsiderJediSam

OutsiderJediSam Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2017
    What is the point of this statement in regards to my comment. I clearly said I didn't think Niathal would be a good candidate. Was this meant to agree with me? Or not? I was simply setting up my argument for why Daala was bad regardless of Niathal. In other words, I wasn't comparing Niathal against Daala, I was just saying Daala was bad and Niathal shouldn't be considered either.

Good gosh, do you not get the point. Who cares if the metaphor is Hitler (in regards to actual same degree of damaged caused) or some other evil despot that KILLED a lot of people and ransacked other sovereign places as an ENEMY. They make the history books and are usually remembered regardless of 23 years or 70 years. No one likes that person and would accept them back. You'd say I don't like the current person (Jedi) but I don't want that other person (Daala/insert real world other evil person that is correct metaphor here) either.

And one can be said fan w/o choosing a "Hitler" like (see above comment in same post) person to lead. That's what it is about.

Jw, why not? Aren't directly present until Legacy? Why? Bc Legacy comics say so? Were they written before FOTJ thus locking FOTJ out of using them? And if that is so, just once again, what a waste of space in LOTF, one or two chapters total on them, they appear, then disappear. Also, see the below quote in this post.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I don't know if we're still talking about the series chronologically (one book before the other). If we are, and in case anyone hasn't read them...

does anyone else think that Vestara is working for/with the One Sith by the time of Crucible? I think she is. Her involvement could be Darth Krayt's "suggestion." The Jedi already know about her, so why risk using non-Sith intermediaries or expose any of the One Sith themselves?

kalzeth and SkywalkerShine like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We’re keeping spoilers for Backlash onwards atm hidden.

Ship did tell the Tribe about the One Sith, and emphasised that there were other Sith to Ves in Apocalypse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    That said I do wish we had gotten more one eyes and one sith before legends ended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkywalkerShine and PCCViking like this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The whole point of the One Sith is that they're supposed to be super-secret and unknown, without the Jedi or anyone having the slightest idea that there are Sith out there, until about 130 years in the future.

Legacy's first issues, that include the reveal of the One Sith to the galaxy and the Jedi, were written before Legacy of the Force.

It would have been better if Denning didn't try to bring them into LOTF or FOTJ at all. Especially since Denning said he wanted to try to contradict Legacy as much as possible without actually directly contradicting (because LFL wouldn't allow him to). Just like how Denning wanted to contradict the NJO to suit his own ideas.

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  6. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Yeah Denning, just wanted to do his own thing.

Maybe he should have written Galaxy of Fear

Also just got the point in Backlash where
    Daala has her dinner date with Bwua'tu

ugh, I mean I hate both of them, but still.

I thought you had some standards Bwua'tu

kalzeth likes this.
  7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    86 years I think-the one sith openly revealed themselves in 130 ABY.

Ghost likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Pretty sure it was 128 ABY.

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I found some better pictures of Abeloth...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Well, no sleep tonight... That lady always gave me the creeps. O_O

11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Well we know that the war began in 127 ABY and the one Sith revealed themselves during the war and assisted the empire.

We also know the Jedi and GA did relatively well in the first half or so. So the Sith revealed themselves in 128-129 ABY for sure.

12. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    True. Plus, Darth Maladi and Zenoc were the ones who sabotaged the Ossus Project. Then the Yuuzhan Vong were framed for spreading the vongspawn disease. Gotta say, I felt really bad for the Vong because they were trying to make amends to the galaxy.

AusStig and Force Smuggler like this.
  13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The Vong get credit for trying, I think that shows that as a society they were moving towards reform and redemption.

Revanfan1 and SkywalkerShine like this.
  14. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I totally agree. I believe some people can change for the better.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Now, if only we got to see more than just Vongerella, Onimi and Darth Vua use the Force.
    What if we got a story where the Yuuzhan Vong met the Silentium and Abominor again?

16. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Oooh, that would be interesting!

AusStig likes this.
  17. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    So I just googled Darth Vua

WHY WAS HE NEVER A VILLAIN!

Seriously this character is sooo much better then Abby.

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Could have tried corrupting Zonama Sekot, the Bothan Ar'krai, Tahiri taking up Anakin's saber on Kashyyk. Etc.

SkywalkerShine and AusStig like this.
  19. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    yeah the post NJO galaxy had a lot of places for the story to go.

Denning however ignored them and decided to do dru....I mean his own thing

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It's easy I think for the readers to bash Denning, and he does deserve a lot of the blame I think for the post NJO's problems, missed opportunities and creative mistakes(though not everyone will agree on what these are or whether or not they were mistakes) but Lucasfilm allowed it to happen.

In credit to denning-he at the very least had an idea where he imagined the story going-it may have thrown out stuff set up by the end of the NJO and so on, but he had a vision and was willing to advocate for it.

Did anyone else have a vision as to where they wanted the story to go? And if so were they willing to push for their ideas as enthusiastically as Denning did for his?

From what I gather denning has a strong and persuasive personality-and could often convince others of his perspective, maybe what was needed was someone who could have counterbalanced him in the writer's room. Besides Traviss that is.

One thing I would be interested in learning about was what went on in the writer's room between DNT and Crucible-what those discussions were like and what they entailed.

SkywalkerShine and kalzeth like this.
  21. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Very good input, Invictus. And that's the beauty about being a writer. Of course, you must plan and create a good storyline with good, compelling characters. Characters we can root for and remember, as well as the antagonists. This is why I love Star Wars. Especially from the old EU.

22. OutsiderJediSam

Sep 27, 2017
    hey reading has gone slow, I'm only a couple of chapters into Backlash, but a couple points from 2nd chapter (maybe I overthink these things....)

1) the convo b/t Cighal and Jaina where it's pointed out that the galaxy has a cloudy view on the Sith….once again.....why???? the convo even likens that people see Sith as "another philosophical order, little different from the Jedi", I would argue that they know the difference, they just blame the Jedi for the Sith bc Sith often come from fallen Jedi, but they do not view them as the same, they KNOW the Sith's actions are pure evil....and if a whole bunch of them are back and gonna try to take over the galaxy they would definitely want the Jedi's help/involvement, the notion that non-Jedi would defeat them is laughable (even to the GFFA themselves I would think/hope)

2) I'm glad Zekk is finally back, although his absence and sudden reappearance, and weird story of survival all just...…..it's a fairly common theme in SW, but to me.....it just is off-putting....I mean no one even seemed to care he was gone, never talked about him, and now he's back, and supposedly he's been back.....I also hope this isn't just a small cameo bc I liked Zekk

3) also, I know this is another reoccurring thing in SW, and something I've complained about before, but I definitely get tired of every book "reintroducing" people we all already know.....I know they do it bc of possible new readers, but this is the 3rd book in a book series, and just saying, they don't do this on tv, I'm not reintroduced to Gibbs every episode of NCIS.....so no, I don't want to hear about who Allana actually is at the beginning of every book of this series, I know who she is as does everyone reading this series

4) the timeline also seems off, it mentions how Han/Leia/Allana are above Dathomir about to land and say they need to call Zekk, then they are outside and getting ready to go out in the wilds of the planet to try to find Luke and Ben and it mentions how Zekk is already there.....unless they waited an awful long time landing and then going outside (which I find unlikely considering they were there to try to find and help Luke/Ben) that's just.....off too to me

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    AusStig, kalzeth and SkywalkerShine like this.
  23. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I couldn't agree more. Zekk is freakin' awesome! ^_^

But yeah, a lot of things seemed to be off too. Continuity error, me thinks?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    OutsiderJediSam likes this.
  24. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

his idea was more focus on the temple, more death more darkness and more of his pet characters being shilled. I feel like Star Wars a whole could do better.

being good at arguing or convincing are good skills. But he failed to convince myself and a number other people who read his books, that his ideas were good.

He is idea was 1. Turn the hero of the last series evil and kill him. 2. Shill his ocs. 3. introduce some force god, then retcon it into a show that was being made as they were writing.

To quote Tony Stark

His plan and vision for Star Wars was not suited for expanding the Universe or what was needed after NJO.

I also think the editorial decision to do the 9 book thing rather then trilogies was a flawed one.

25. OutsiderJediSam

Sep 27, 2017
    I can't stop thinking in this book how Han/Leia are horrible parents/grandparents....

1) they leave an 8 yr old alone on a ship for a week
    2) they leave an 8 yr old they know likes to go off on her own alone on a ship for a week
    3) they get someone else to secretly watch her so she "won't get in trouble"
    4) they don't even tell the droids about that someone watching so that everything can be coordinated safely (hence the droids are suspicious that they are being watched, which we know will lead to DRAMA)

AusStig, kalzeth and SkywalkerShine like this.