main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Fate of the Jedi Temple

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by D-Ludicrous, May 14, 2014.

1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    If Luke doesn't retake the Jedi Temple what do you think will happen to it? Will it just become an abandoned building? Will it become a war memorial? Will someone else inhabit it?

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Doesn't really need to be addressed in the movie outside a sentence or two, if Luke relocates the Jedi base to some other planet. Which kind of makes sense.
    Although, I have to admit, it would be rather interesting to see the OT characters in such a very obviously PT setting. Would really make a nice connection.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think we might see Luke visit it in the ST, but I do not think the Jedi will ever return to it during the ST.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Dak Oolron like this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If Luke's Jedi even have a base.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    if luke even has jedi.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Dak Oolron likes this.
  8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Probably:

9. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

He said much of the same in his recent Forcecast interview - there's so much information about the Jedi stored throughout the Temple, that it would have been an invaluable resource to someone like the Inquisitor to use as a base for hunting them down. No doubt that's where his work was based out of.

As for what then happens to it in the ST, I can imagine that Luke possibly spent a significant amount of time there in between ROTJ and Episode VII to learn more about the Jedi's history (and also to learn as much as possible about his father). I don't think it needs more than a cursory mention in Episode VII since Luke would likely have gathered what he needed/wanted to gather from there by the time of the film. If he's starting a new Jedi Order, I'd like to see it based somewhere else. But also wouldn't hate the idea of Luke taking it back.

10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    probably won't be mentioned.

Dewback likes this.
  11. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I don't think there will be any "jedi order" or at least what it was like in the PT.
    Its quite possible that during the 30 years after ROTJ, Luke tried to establish a new jedi order - only to have it fail because the public didn't want Jedi to be the peace keeping policemen they once were - as I am sure the truth of what happened to Anakin Skywalker became known.

I think the only force users we will have in the ST are Luke, Leia, and their offspring.

And then maybe some dark force users.

I see Luke being an outcast within the new republic - which may suggest him becoming an Obi-Wan-like hermit on Tatooine. This may cause conflict for Leia and her political post in the new regime.

loki41872 likes this.
  12. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    It'll be revealed that it was torn down and replaced by a giant Wal-Mart. [face_dunno]

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    The ST occurs at a period of time where it is an antique. I think Indiana Jones needs to investigate. :p

Indy 11 likes this.
  14. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    The temple is still standing on the ROTJ blu-ray, but I'm wondering if the Jedi Archives are still intact. Surely destroying those would be a priority for Vader and the Emperor during the purge.

15. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I agree that seeing ST/OT characters in PT locations would be welcome... but other than that I can't see Luke and other Jedi sat around on the Jedi Council in the same chamber... although my fanboy side would like to see that... if only for a minute.

16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Why purge it? At least until its been reviewed. The data in there could reveal jedi hidding spots/personal connections, serve as bait, mysteries of the force, hidden Sith plundered artifacts, blackmail on politicians or others, etc...

Purging the data outside the temple is one thing since it could fall into enemy hands but the data inside is more or less contained and may proove useful one day. I get the idea of hiding the Jedi teachings (though purging is a step too far imho since the Emperor thought his posistion secure) but that's only a fraction of the data there.

17. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    The Temple is still standing at the end of RotJ. It's not a stretch to say it is highly possible that, if it is not to be a prominent location, it will at least appear at some point in the ST.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  18. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    It's now an uber-Starbucks.

vypernight likes this.
  19. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I'd imagine keeping the archives would be a priority, as they could provide the Empire with information on any Jedi left in the galaxy. Why destroy a database of background information on the people you're trying to track down? Would be like the FBI destroying its records of the people on its Most Wanted list.

20. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i could imagine people would revere the jedi temple like The USA does the WTCs. something that was once a symbol but now just causes pain.

21. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    The Jedi Temple has been bought by an Intergalactic conglomerate and rebranded the Intergalactic House of Padawan Pancakes.

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  22. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Which will sell Wall-Mart exclusive Jedi Temple playsets made by Hasbro.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  23. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I think it'd be cool to see it briefly visited in the ST as neglected, abandoned, and defaced much like the Mesoamerican temples after the Spanish conquests. Post apocalyptic style, like "After Earth" or "Walking Dead." After the fall of the Empire, I think there'd be a good chance of mass rioting & looting on Coruscant.

Indy 11 likes this.
  24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd definitely like to revisit the Temple.

I'd be especially interested in seeing Luke (if not Luke, Leia and any kids either Skywalker may have, too) visiting the Council chambers. It could be eerie and dark, solemn and respectful or even inspirational and joyous for our heroes to visit ground zero of Jedi history.

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Wouldn't it be good to have the Jedi Temple restored off screen whilst other events of Episode VII are happening and at the end of the film, mirroring ANH's grand celebration, the new heroes are awarded some sort of medal in the now fully restored temple? Well thats what i wrote in a fanfic Episode VII in 2005 [face_laugh]