main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Fate of the Jedi Temple

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by D-Ludicrous, May 14, 2014.

1. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Yeah. Well, the OT novels do heavily contradict established canon (I.e: Owen is Ben's brother)

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be an example of "when scene does not align, scene does not count".

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Exactly. I have always seen that extra material as deleted scenes…

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I certainly think the Jedi Temple should come back.

It's there for a reason at the end of Jedi

I mean, if we don't have some type of Jedi Order, I might not even bother in seeing the film.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    "the archives are quite complete" - the inquisitor.

[​IMG]

6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I do hope its at least mentioned, so we know want happened to it.

7. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Well since Tarkin was released today I can talk about the fate of the Temple. The Emperor converted it to the Imperial Palace, mainly because there is a dark side nexus beneath the Temple. Namely a Sith Shrine.

Tan-Wessel, darklordoftech and TheBBP like this.
  8. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    [​IMG]

9. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

That is all levels of interesting.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    There's a little more to the Sith shrine parts, but I don't know if I have to use spoiler tags or not. Also I don't know how to use spoiler tags here lol

11. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    It'd be interesting if the Jedi Temple is featured in Episode VIII, in much the same way Dagobah was featured in ESB. By this, I mean what if Daisy and/or John go to the temple, which has been long abandoned perhaps even forgotten, seeking to further their understanding of the Force and to train under some mysterious Jedi Master (if not under Luke himself).

TheBBP and JediFan215 like this.
  12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Do
    Without spaces in the command boxes though.

13. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    Alright let's try this:

The Emperor wants to bring Vader to the Shrine so they can unlock the final mysteries of the dark side and rule the galaxy for the next 10,000 years together.

Tan-Wessel and TheBBP like this.
  14. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012

Wait...for real?

15. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014

It makes sense, when I think back to previous things I heard about the Jedi "areas". If I remember correctly, Luke's new EU Order was started on Yavin IV, which was a Sith-heavy world, and in KOTOR the Jedi Academy on Dantooine was right next to the Starmap cave that had the Dark Side emanating from it, so I think maybe the Jedi try to conquer the Sith by placing their sites on old Sith areas.

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That doesn't really surprise me.

17. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
  18. Gen Rendar

Gen Rendar Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    I guess it really depends on the state of Coruscant in general.

I would imagine it being part museum and part memorial. I don't see it as being the home for a new Jedi Order or anything like that. Perhaps it is simply a place where old records are stored and people can go there to learn the history of the jedi and what happened. I could definitely see a bunch of Jedi superfans always hanging out there or saving up their money to make a visit there.

I think that would actually be an interesting story angle, if there is no major new Jedi order in the VII and the whole thing had been turned into a big giant tourist attraction. I wonder how Luke would react to that.

19. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    So Old Sheevy boy decides to first wipe out the Jedi temple, set it on fire, then decides to convert into his own palace. boy im glad he got the shaft...Literally.

20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

MAN, I gotta read this book.

What do you want to bet that this is something that makes ripples in the upcoming saga?

21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    it is said that in Tarkin they explain how the Empire can run without Palpatine (figurehead) which should explain why the Empire is still there 30 years later.

TheBBP likes this.
  22. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    sort of how Nazi Germany survived after Hitler whacked himself off during the last few months of WWII.

starocean90 likes this.
  23. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    What did Anakin do compared to the Senate? Sure, he killed many Jedi and other characters, but they just sat there and blindly accepted Palpatine's justification for massacring the entire Jedi Order, including the children, without any trial or evidence. Weren't these the heroes who had served them for a thousand generations? That's genocide. Where's their guilt there?

Plus, they, the non-Force sensitives, were the ones who gave Palpatine all that power, including emergency powers because Jar Jar said it was a good idea. They also signed off on an army of clone troopers that none of them had authorized during a time when they so happen to be debating whether or not to get an army. ^_-

My understanding from the OT was that neither the Republic nor the Jedi Order organizations made any poor decisions. Instead, they fell because they were betrayed by Anakin and because they lost a number of key battles during the Clone Wars. Yeah, Ben also made some mistakes, but he's just one person. However, in light of the Prequels, if anyone needs to be concerned here, it's the Jedi.

24. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    I was underwhelmed by the Jedi Temple. Especially that ugly Jedi Council meeting room - nice view, but memorably hideous floors and just a bunch of chairs in a circle. Most of the other sets felt really fake and CG so it was hard to get into it. I'd rather they had gone with something more simple and natural, it seemed out of place on Coruscant. It felt more like a corporate headquarters than a collection of magical people.

If I never saw it or Coruscant again that would be fine. Got a decent look at it in a few movies, great. Now move on to something new. There's a whole galaxy to explore.

Darth Lurker likes this.
  25. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    There most likely wont be at the beginning of the ST. But by the end there will be. At least that's what I'd bet on.

Dak Oolron and Force Smuggler like this.