main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fate of the Open Circle Armada

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Warsie, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warsie

Warsie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2005
    So, what happened to it after the Clon eWars ended? Was the armada sent to defend the Core Worlds, gradually upgragins to Imperators instead of the Venerators and larger warships? Was some ofr the crew and forces inthe Open Circle Armada eventually use in Darth Vader's "Imperial Death Squadron" or something else? Was it dissolved/disbanded? What happened to it?

2. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    What I find interesting is that the Open Circle emblem appears everywhere in ROTS. It's all over cargo at the senate landing area and even on a crate on the Mustafar landing platform.

3. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    That was explained by Pablo. Basically, they copied the textures digitally to be used elsewhere in the film. I think the explanation given was "captured war materiel."

4. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I'd imagine that the Open Circle battle group was renamed sometime after Episode 3. The name Open Circle is too Jedi-like in meaning. Also the Vendator Class SD/FC and Victory Class SD would be phased out in favor of newer designs. But not overnight.

Coruscant and the Core Worlds would be protected by the Vendator Class SD/FC and Victory Class SD for at least five to ten years. Then the newer Imperator Class SD would be in greater number and replace the Victory Class SD. The Vendator Class SD/FC would be replaced by the TIE supporting Star Galleons.

Decommissioned Victory Class SD and Vendator Class SD/FC would be stripped of weapons and sold to Imperial loyal factions. Some would be pirated by disorganized rebel cells. Thus prompting Emperor Palpatine to have automated long distance self-destruction features installed. So later when the rebel cells began to unite into the Alliance of Free Planets the Rebels had to look to other sources for capitol ships.

What few Vicstars and Venstars the Rebels had did not last too long against newer Imperial designs. That's about the time the Mon Calamari stepped in with wartime converted luxury ships.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Acclamators, Venators, and Victories would have made up the bulk of the Imperial fleet in the early years of the Empire. The Imperators would have been being brought up at that time, and then the Imperials would have come along to become the dominate class of the Imperial navy.

Immediate after the Clone Wars the Open Circle Armada would have probably been assigned to Vader. I've read that it was supposed to be Obi-Wan and Anakin's naval unit, and it would have remained loyal to Palpatine thanks to Order 66. Since he'd already had command of the armada before the end of the war, Palpatine would have most likely kept it under Vader's control.

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Everything has the Open Circle emblem on it because the Open Circle fleet is what was up there defending Coruscant.

7. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    As for what happened to it. it was probally like all the other Old Republic units post Clone-Wars, disbanded.. decommissioned, removed from service.. like the clones.. all of its old identity was removed and forgoten about infavor of the "uniformity" quite a raw deal if you ask me.

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The clones were not decomissioned or removed from service, and neither was Clone War era Imperial tech. Venators remain in service for years before being replaced, and Acclamators are around until the GCW. A few CW Walkers remain in service, as well. As for the Clones, the Empire continues making clones, but confines their cloning program to the Stormtrooper corps and takes enlistees for their army. The difference is that any individuality units earned over the course of the CW is stripped of them. We see a plain grey Venator at the end of ROTS, for example.

9. Rohniss

May 9, 2005
    which is what I meant.. the individuality is removed... sorry if it wasnt clear.

10. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Oh. When you said decommsioned and removed from service...I thought you meant that they were taken out of service.

11. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    While the markings were likely removed, I can see the Open Circle Armada becoming one of the strategic fleets, such as Azure Hammer or Black Sword.

12. Rohniss

May 9, 2005
    Well the names were.. just not the faces.. kinda like when they disbanded the infamous Third Armored in the USA.. or the Seventh Calvary..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.