main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars +++ Fate of the Sith: Shadow Hunters +++

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ktala, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Seth Marcle
    Naboo, Landing Pad

"Not much," Seth admitted as he looked from left to right, seeming for no good reason other then to get a look around. "Been looking through old books, working on leads that I hoped would be useful. Then I came here when I sensed what was going on."

Though the cigarra wasn't quite finished, Seth lifted a hand to pull it from his lips and flick it out and to the ground where his foot quickly stomped down on it.

"But let's see what I can find in there." Stepping past the Jedi, Seth started to make his way to where the murder scene was located. "I have a bit of an expertise when it comes to killings like these. And even though this isn't what we're looking for, no sense as to leave this mystery unsolved eh?" Pausing, he glanced back over his shoulder to look back at him. "You didn't move the bodies yet did you?" Almost immediately he shrugged his shoulders. "If so, ah well."

Facing forward, Seth continued his march to the crime scene. Already he was reaching out with the Force, his senses stretching out to inspect the crime scene as he drew closer. He felt the darkness almost immediately, the violence that still lingered in the air. Seth forced his senses to go beyond that. He wanted motivation, a cause, a lingering sense of emotion or some other evidence as to the reason why the crime had been committed.

Why was this done? The simple rage of a Sith upon encountering the Jedi and the satisfaction of ending their lives? The cold, calculating mind of an Imperial Agent that was riven by duty? Or something completely and utterly different that may point Seth in the right direction?

"You never mentioned your name by the way."

TAG: Ktala, Remi

2. -Remi-

-Remi- Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 8, 2007
    IC: Leahcim

"How rude of me, I was too engrossed in this investigation to give you my name. Its Leahcim. Do you sense anything out of the ordinary emotions following a murder??" The Jedi tilted his head in curiosity. There could be many reasons to kill someone. Sometimes the killer could be calm as a motionless pond, making it difficult for even the jedi to find anything. But Leahcim had honed his senses over the years to figure out the differences, no matter how little or subtle, and the pattern of a killer was always the same once you understood the various species and their lives, human or not. He could feel it upon entering the landing pad from the ship in his eagerness to catch a mental whiff of this darkness. The patterns of where this darkness dwelled, or why it killed indiscriminately, and whether there was more than one killer as it suggested in this newest murder scene did not quite add up. A new enemy or faction? Leahcim wanted to keep his mind open for any possibility.

Maybe it was time to question others more dangerous. Answers given from travelers, merchants, and rebel soldiers were not going to get him the truth if they were not used to thinking like a pure killer. Well, you had your odd soldier who lusted after battle every waking moment, but he did not have that in mind.

This would dangerous. But then his line of work was always that way. Your enemy never gave you time to rest. When you were sleeping, he or she was awake plotting your demise.

"If you have not found something worth going on, you think it is time to investigate the more seedy parts of this galaxy of ours? And I am not talking about small criminal groups, I am also looking at something much bigger to take our quest to, if you catch what I mean Seth. But please, take your time."

Leahcim looked up in the sky and saw that the sun was well over the horizon. It was time to leave this area soon.

TAG: Ktala or Sarge

3. Shadowmancer

Shadowmancer Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2003
    IC: Zen-Shiva

As expected, the operations rooms was of itself, standard in appearance and generally unimpressive, but Zen-Shiva was glad to see a vast array of technological devices which they would all need to conduct this hunt. Her ice blue eyes scanned the room for a brief moment, and in short order, she found what she'd been looking for. A data station.

As she walked towards it, she spied a table with several data-discs, and after a quick visual scan, picked up several pertinent to theta assignment. Wasting no time, she sat at the terminal and inserted a particular data-disc she'd been curious about. Namely the one marked: Dromund Kaas.

Zen vaguely remembered the name, as her studies when first joining the sith had been quite intense, but she did recall the planet being 'noteworthy' for reasons that didn't come to mind at the moment. After engaging the proper initiation protocols, the monitor screen flashed to life as Zen waited. Within moments, the image of the planet appeared on the screen, and as she eagerly read the description, it all seemed to come back to memory.

"Oh! THIS planet?" she exclaimed aloud as she recalled some of the details. This planet had been part of the Old Sith Empire, and boasted a Dark Force Temple among a plethora of unpleasant flora and fauna, not to mention its own Swamp of Evil. Charming. Many other details came to mind, but dividing truth from myth was often quite tricky when it came to Sith Legends. There was one detail in particular she needed to be certain about. Hmmm...

Halfway turning in her seat to look behind her, Zen wished to compare notes with another sith, and knowing only one name of all those gathered pretty much narrowed her choices to the one.

Getting up, Zen walked over to where the chagrian was located.

"Pardon the interruption Taral.." She said, lowering her hood and revealing her face to the tall being. Though she was only 5'7", her posture made her seem taller. Her visage was such; lightly sculpted features framed by short and cropped white hair, fair skin which complemented intense ice blue eyes, which possessed a deep penetrating quality, as if she were always studying, gauging all which she regarded. Her rosy lips lent her a bit of deceptive glamor.

She didn't want to appear overly familiar, not being sure if the sith possessed a title or not, so she gave a respectful nod.

"I am Zen-Shiva." came the simple declaration and introduction.

"I think I found some information on our destination, Dromund Kaas." Zen gestured towards the terminal and the planetary image upon its monitor screen. "I was wondering if perhaps there was additional intel regarding the planet. As you well know, sometimes certain details don't make it to official records. I can already see that our hunt is also part survival."

A small sly smile graced Zen's face. Dromund Kaas was not a place for the inexperienced. And so, she couldn't help but to wonder, how many of those gathered here would actually make it back; herself included. Mmm, exciting indeed.

Tag: Sinrebirth,s65Horsey,DarthXan318,Despised1,Ktala

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Taral, Ariat, Zen-Shica, Krasus, Ssarmn, Naxximu Cosmo, Selna Narish, - Secret Storehouse, Bandomeer

As the being known only as the First disappeared, and people began to move towards the lift, Kraus was first to notice two other arrivals. The first one, seemed to be a Kaleesh, for he wore a mask, like others of his race his body covered in tattooes. The second once was female, and she seemed to simply form from the very shadows around her, green eyes scanning the area as she moved gracefully.

Krasus was the first to head towards the lift, and the others quickly followed, with the young acolyte Ariat pausing for a moment before he joined the others. Very little being said until they reached the 2nd sub-level.

Zen-Shiva was quick to step out, and immediately headed for the data disks, and began to study them. She exclaimed aloud after reading some of the information given. Besides the information about the planet, Zen-Shiva also found vague information about the temple. There was nothing notating if anyone or things was still located there. After a few moments, Zen walked over to where the chagrian was located.

"Pardon the interruption Taral.." She said, lowering her hood and revealing her face to the tall being. "I am Zen-Shiva." came the simple declaration. "I think I found some information on our destination, 'Dromund Kaas'." Zen gestured towards the terminal and the planetary image upon its monitor screen. "I was wondering if perhaps there was additional intel regarding the planet. As you well know, sometimes certain details don't make it to official records. I can already see that our hunt is also part survival." A small sly smile graced Zen's face.

The others began to look around. The storage area was well stocked. It had general supplies to deal with a variety of planet surfaces, as well as some general scanners, flares, stunners, flash bangers, and a few other various items, and one small flat disc looking object. Separate survival packs lay ready and waiting as well. If anyone checked, they would find the ship well stocked with food, and rather comfortable looking. A dark colored droid sat silently within the seat, non-moving.

The others had scattered out, looking at the different supplies, perhaps pondering what they might decide to take with them.

A small flicker of light, and a holo of a young woman suddenly appeared in the middle of the room. "Assistance." was the only thing it said, as it stood there, peering out at the group.

Tag: Sinrebirth, s65Horsey, Shadowmancer, Despised1, DarthXan318, blubeast1237, 92SE-R

---
    Kaicus Cor - Tavern, Telos IV

Kaicus left the youths he had been chatting with, and using his trail staff as a guide through the sea of tables and people. Once outside of the Inn he flagged down a hovertaxi and gave the driver instructions as to where he wanted to go. "Roland's Bluff, please." he told the driver. The driver gave Kaicus a very quizical look, but after seeing the credit chit that Kaicus handed him, he simply nodded,and started the engine, and began to drive towards the Bluff.

It did not take long for Kaicus to feel ill at ease, as they grew closer to the site. True, that vilent death normally sometimes left an uneasy feeling within the Force, but this was different. And to feel it so far out, was quite unusual.

As the hovertaxi drew close, the driver called out "This is as close as I can get Sir. You will have to walk from here. Do you want me to wait?"

Though Kaicus couldnt see the impressive peak that was the beginning of Roland's Bluff, he could certainly feel the different impressions left behind. And there were two very strong ones that caught his attention. One, was death. And the other, absolute terror. But it was not where the taxi had stopped. It was further away, down a path. It was a favorite site, and a tourist attraction, so it had several trails that led through the area.

There was something down one of those pat

5. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    IC: Selna Narish

Standing toward the back of the group in her shadowsuit, Selna listened to The First inform the group of what they were going after, sort of. It was still clear that even the Sith were not entirely sure what was able to cause the destruction it had. But Selna knew they wanted it. As the group went into the turbolift, and went down farther, Selna could smell the soup of the others. Evidently, it had so far gone unnoticed that she was an Anzati. Or it was more likely that most of the beings in the turbolift had no clue what an Anzati looked like, given how much myth there was that surrounded her species, not much unlike the Sith. She smiled a little at that last thought.

As the lift came to a stop, and the group filed out, Selna walked over to a couple of consoles, checking out what they possibly did. Most seemed to be for simple storage, communications, data ports... typical items. So wandered over to the supply area, and was impressed with the amount of supplies left for them. Whatever was out there, the Sith wanted to make sure their people were well equipped. She looked around the room again, noticing that the young man seemed to be... preoccupied by something else. It wasn't entirely clear what it was, but it was something Selna took note of. The beings in the room were probably much younger than she was, but that didn't mean she knew more. There were those here with a stronger soup than others, and those were the ones that Selna would try to become close with. She noticed the other female in the group make her way over to the one called Taral. They exchanged simple pleasantries, and went over to a data station. Selna walked over, curious what they had found.

Selna came up behind the two, making sure that she didn't appear to be sneaking up on them. Selna was almost the same height as the other female, standing about 1.7 meters. That was about where the similarities ended though. Selna had black hair and green eyes. She looked at the screen. She recognized the name of the planet.

"Dromund Kaas," Selna simply stated.

She had heard stories about the planet from older ones on Anzat. Most of the stories seemed a little too fantasic, but usually there was a certain amount of truth to myths.

"My name is Selna," she offered to the male and female, with a slight nod of her head.

A small flicker of light, and a holo of a young woman suddenly appeared in the middle of the room. "Assistance." was the only thing it said, as it stood there, peering out at the group.

Selna turned her attention to the figure. This was probably the beginning of their mission, Selna thought.

tag: Zen Shiva, Taral, others

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Ariat
    Bandomeer

The lift doors opened and all Ariat saw were credits. His eyes widened slightly as he took in all there was to see within the room. His eyes roved over the maps, the equipment, the datapads and finally settled on the ship. Ariat's skinny form maneuvered through the room and entered the ship. His finger tip trailed along the smooth lines of the ship walls. He keyed open one of the doors and noted that the room had more comforts than he'd ever had in his life. Oh yeah, this was definitely a life changing decision. He smiled to himself and then exited the ship.

He noticed a few of the Sith grouped together discussing a planet he'd never heard of so Ariat turned his attention to the holo in the center of the room.

"Do you have any blasters in this storeroom?" He said to the holo that repeated the word assistance.

As he waited for an answer, he picked up one of the packs lying on the ground. Since he had nothing Ariat was going to take as much as possible. He did not really know what all the metal things were that were lying on the tables, but he picked a few up and put them in the pack along with whatever was already in there. He had been practicing heavily with his lightsaber, but he was still more comfortable with a blaster. He hoped there was one in the pack or the holo would direct him to where they were. Ariat was pretty sure the other Sith might look down upon him for relying on other weapons, but he was still too new to the Sith life. He clung to various outlets of normalcy that he grew up with on the streets of Coruscant. When he was finished inspection everything on the tables he turned to the group.

"So is anyone besides me going to take the ship they are offering us?"

Tag: Sith

7. Shadowmancer

Apr 16, 2003

Someone was approaching, and Zen-Shiva half turned. She'd almost failed to notice the approaching sit. Almost. This one was almost the same height as Zen, but instead of white hair, hers were raven black, and her eyes were green instead of blue, but as striking as she was, that's not what impressed Zen the most. Zen expression remained neutral, but she recognized the sith's race, for she'd come across them during her studies and was impressed by them, though she'd never imagine she would actually meet one. This one was one of the Anzati. Zen made a mental note of that and knew for certain that nothing would keep her from this mission now.

"Dromund Kaas," the female sith simply stated. Obviously she recognized the planet too. Interesting.

"My name is Selna," the Anzati offered, with a slight nod of her head. "And I am Zen-Shiva?" the words were followed by a returning nod. "Welcome to the Hunt."

It seemed that Taral was content with being an observer for now, or perhaps the chagrian had much on his mind. There was no way to be completely certain.

Just then, a chime sounded and a hole of a young woman suddenly appeared in the middle of the room. "Assistance?" she said. "Excellent?" Zen exclaimed and walked over to the image, as she reached she made sure to pick up the disc looking object.

As she was about to speak, the gangly young man was the first to address the image.

"Do you have any blasters in this storeroom?" He said to the holo.

"I too have a question, about Dromund Kaas." Zen quickly added. "?And I certainly hope you can answer it?" she stated firmly, yet with a sense of curiosity. "Are there still any planet-wide effects lingering from the Dark Force Temple?"

Zen looked over to the young sith and casually addressed him: "The answer to my question has a direct connection to yours." She didn't elaborate any more as she gracefully turned away. Hopefully the holo image would do the rest. Even as she regarded the holo image and awaited an answer, she began to look around and see if there were any edged weapons available. It was always better to be prepared for the unexpected.

Tag: 92SE-R, s65horsey, Sinrebirth, DarthXan318, Despised1,Ktala

8. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Seth Marcle
    Naboo, Landing Pad

"Patience, Leachim," Seth spoke in a voice that humorously imitated that of what a standard Jedi Master would use. "No need to start scouring the galaxy right away when we still have something right here."

Speaking of which, while Seth started his examination of the crime scene, his body suddenly jolted upon sensing a warning in the Force. Despite the chaos and violence that permeated the crime scene, he was still able to detect the sudden darkness that tainted Naboo's lower levels. Whatever had killed the pair of Jedi was still on the planet...and it had found what was possibly another victim.

"In fact, I think we may have another lead." Jogging back over to the landing pad, the man stopped at the edge and, leaning over, took a look down so that he could view at the lower levels that were down below. It was a long, long way down if one was to accidentally step off of the landing pad. Blowing out a breath, Seth turned and jogged back to Leachim while his hands patted down his own belt.

"I hope your Masters still teach you about the usefulness of proper preparations of field equipment," Seth told Leachim before he suddenly took off in a full-blown sprint to where he had been standing at the edge of the landing pad, pulling out a grappling spike launcher as he did so. Except he didn't stop this time. Upon reaching the edge of the landing pad, he jumped. Leaping over the edge, Seth started dropping.

This never gets old, Seth thought to himself as the wind whipped past him, sending his hair and clothing fluttering all about him as he fell. This brought him back alright, not only during his time in the Order but even before then; he had been jumping from high places long before he became a Jedi.

The grappling launcher held tightly in his one hand, Seth remained calm despite the rapidly approaching ground, letting his senses continue to follow the taint and the victim that it wished to claim.

Just a couple...hundred...feet...more...now!

Pointing the launcher ahead of him, Seth fired. A useful thing these spike launchers, something that Seth was always happy to have. Even to this day he kept himself outfitted with a standard utility belt complete with the cable launcher, rebreather, the works. Upon firing the cable launcher, there was a sudden burst of compressed air as the grappling hook was fired, trailing behind it a liquid cable that immediately hardened when it became exposed to Naboo's atmosphere, becoming a high-tensile cable. The liquid-cable reservoir of the cable launcher held up to over twenty meters of cable, more then enough of a reach for the grappling hook to find some purchase.

And Seth found himself swinging, saving himself from shattering bones as the grappling hook stopped his descent. At the apex of his swing, Seth disengaged his grappling hook, allowing him to flip and land comfortably upon the floor.

And that's how you reach the lower levels, the man thought to himself with a wry grin, standing straight with a flourish of his jacket. Though he glanced over his shoulder to see if Leachim had successfully followed him or not, Seth wouldn't wait for long before he would immediately take off again and hope to arrive in time to save someone from a grisly death.

TAG: Remi, Ktala

9. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007
    OOC: Friggen daredevil, you do know my character has arthritis right? :p
    IC: Leahcim

Leahcim kept a straight face at the tone. But despite the effort his face split in to a small smile. Then like a slap in the face, ("In fact, I think we may have another lead."), he felt something more raw and fresh than the violence at the crime scene moving what appeared to be in the lower levels of Naboo. Before he could react, he saw Seth jog close to the edge of the large landing pad they entered from, and followed him.

"I hope your Masters still teach you about the usefulness of proper preparations of field equipment" Seth said as he watched the young man sprint the rest of the way to the edge and leap off. Leahcim followed to the edge to see him free falling several hundred feet before producing a grapple launcher of some sort, firing out a fluid liquid that hardened upon contact with a surface. The man was not going to let him wait for long. He checked his belt. Just his lightsaber, a small rebreather mask, and a vibro knife. The rest of his equipment if any lay back at the shuttle dozens of feet away. The material that hardened in to a high-tensile cable was still dangling.

Leahcim sighed, and cringed when he realized just how small Seth was at the bottom, his joints ached slightly at the distance. This jedi did not like getting older. But he leaped off the edge just as he leaped in to the force, using it to angle his body so he could grasp the dangling cable. As his body kept straight in the free fall, he closed his eyes. The end result was that the wind felt lessened at his fast approach, telling Leachim that his body was slowing if slightly at a steady rate to the bottom levels of Naboo. Leachim snapped his eyes open just in time to grab the tail end of the cable. for a second the pull in gravity yanked at him heavily like a weight. Grunting slightly the jedi let go of the rope and landed on the ground, kicking up dust in Seth's face.

"Oh, sorry...lets move"

Most assignments found Leachim not using the force constantly on any tasks. Except maybe in a subtle manner, or when someone made situations very difficult for him, and it would not be too long before things began to become problematic. He took off at quick run towards the source of this taint and it's intended victim.

TAG: Sarge, Ktala

10. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    IC: Selna

As Selna listened to Zen-Shiva's question, it became more apparent that many of the rumors regarding Dromund Kaas might indeed be true. That intrigued her. Her thoughts were interrupted by the craving in the back of her mind. Selna knew what it was. It had been at least a week since she last fed. She knew she could go several weeks, if need be, without feeding, but she usually didn't wait. In this case, though, she didn't want to miss anything. A few more hours would make no difference in her hunger, but it might mean she would miss something important here.

She heard the young man ask about the ship. Clearly he was from a poor background. She could tell by the way he started gabbing just about everything and stuffing into a bag. Selna walked over to the young man, giving him a quick once over. She let her proboscises out of their pouches, and move freely about, "tasting" the air around him.

"Your soup is not as strong as the others," she said quietly, "but that does not mean it wouldn't taste good..."

Selna met the eyes of the young man. Then she smiled, let out a little laugh, and walked away, pulling the proboscises back into their pouches. It might have been cruel, but Selna loved doing that sometimes. She walked over to the ship, and stepped inside. It was luxurious, to be sure, but Selna prefered to travel alone, thus why she only had a single person ship: her anthracite and red P38.

Sge stepped out of the ship and meandered around the room some more. Her hunger was starting to preoccupy her a little more than she would have liked, but such was the problem of being in such close quarters with other Force sensitive beings. She pushed the hunger into the back of her mind, and focused instead on the grenades and such that were in front of her. She found a small bag and put some into it. Then she saw a comm unit, and a range finder. She wasn't sure if she would need them, but it would be better to have them, then not have them and need them. She still waited for a response from the hologram, keeping an ear on it in case something else was said.

tag: Shadowmancer, s65horsey, Sinrebirth, DarthXan318, Despised1,Ktala

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Kaicus Cor

Roland's Bluff, Telos IV

The blind man stepped out of the hovertaxi and leaned against the staff and nodded once as he stared blankly in the direction he could feel the darkness emanating from. He easily turned to face the driver and placed another chit in the man's palm. "If I have not returned within an hour, contact the Jedi Order and let them know what had happened here and that Jedi Cor did not return after investigating."

He did not wait for a reply and with the ease of a man who could see, he began hiking the trail that would lead him to the cave and hopefully to the source of this disturbance. Cor hoped that it would not come down to some stranger reporting his demise to the Order, but the Jedi needed to be made aware of what transpired here. They had already lost three others to this threat.

Kaicus paused after a while and stretched out into the Force to get a sense of what to look for and where to go. The uneasiness he had felt earlier on the way to the bluff, grew stronger as he opened up in the Force and he furrowed his brow deeply in concentration. He had sensed death before, even terror and knew what kind of impressions they left in the Force but this was different.

What could have possibly been so powerful and terrifying to have caused this disturbance?

TAG: Ktala

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Jedi don't have time for arthritis! :cool:

Seth Marcle
    Naboo, Lower Levels

Fortunately, Seth didn't have to wait long for the other Jedi. After seizing the grappling hook that Seth had left there, Leachim used it to halt his descent and get him down safely to the lower levels. And kick up some dirt. With a cough, Seth wiped a hand over his face before wiping down his clothing to get the dust out of them.

"Right then," Seth spoke with another cough. Leachim had already taken off by then but, before he did the same, Seth turned to his hanging grappling hook. With the Force, Seth retrieved the hook by having it float back to his hand and, while feeding the liquid cable back into the launcher, the younger man immediately started to follow the older one.

Instead of producing some kind of lightsaber, Seth unholstered the pair of blaster pistols that had been at his hips. Checking the charge while running, he nodded to himself upon finding that they were both fully charged and ready. His thumbs clicked the safeties off.

What was it that they called these? Seth wondered humorously to himself. Uncivilized?

It was an uncivilized galaxy so Seth never cared that his Master had found Seth's use of such ugly weapons to be unfitting of a Jedi in training. They had been with Seth for as long as he could remember; when he had become of age to pick up the pair when he had been forced to save his own life. A look at the blaster pistols would find them a bit worn, the grips and chambers scratched. But they were reliable and they had never failed Seth once.

And the Force helped you wield more then just a lightsaber with supernatural skill. With the Force - and the several power packs that Seth always carried on him -, the young man knew that he posed more of a challenge to other Force-users with the pistols then he did with a lightsaber.

Hopefully what they were pursuing would be just as susceptible to blaster bolts.

Only one way to find out. Calling on the Force, Seth felt it move through his body, empowering it, enhancing it. Time seemed to suddenly slow for Seth as he felt his speed suddenly increase, his legs and arms moving faster then they had been a moment before. With this extra speed, Seth hoped to make it on time as he continued to reach out and try to sense his target.

13. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Ssarmn
    Bandomeer, Secret Storehouse

As the lift decended to the lower level of the storehouse Ssarmn could not help but to wonder about the others of this hastily assembled group. Would they be assets? Or risks? What level of training did they have? What where their areas of expertise?

With some such as the young male, Ariat, it was clear that he was not yet fully trained. But others such as the raven haired female, Selna, the Trandoshan could not put a finger on. This was exactly why he prefered working alone, when it was just him there was no doubt as to who he could count on.

That was not exactly true though, he had worked with one other frequently in the past. They had an odd relationship, but he found himself wishing that Visha was here now. Their skills complimented each other well, and though he would never admit it to her she was as close a thing to a friend as he ever had....even if she was not Trandoshan.

Missing her presense was not helpful at this time however, so it was best to focus on the task at hand.

The lift doors opened to reveal what obviously was a hidden hanger, complete with all the material a hunting party could ever need. Weapons, ship, data disks. All would be needed in time, but obviously the data would need to come first. The one called Zen-Shiva seemed to feel the same as she quickly made her way towards the terminal, two others soon followed.

Another, the young one, made his way towards the weapons. Ssarmn, his face unappealing even by Trandoshan standards, briefly looked even worse as his mouth twisted into what could only be considered a smile. Obviously this Ariat had no trust in the Dark Side, or himself. Weapons such as blasters and grenades, though handy in certain situations, were inferior to the power that Sith carried with them always...the Force.

As both Ariat and Zen-Shiva began to question the holo, Ssarmn made his way over to listen to the coming answers. Knowledge would be their most valuable tool, and at this moment it was in short supply.

"Yes," his "s" drawing out slightly as most reptillian species tended to do, "I to wish to know what current information we have about Dromund Kaas."

Tag: Ktala, Sinre, Shadowmancer, Sey, Xan, 92SE-R

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    The Dark Ones: Taral, Ariat, Zen-Shiva, Krasus, Ssarmn, Naxximu Cosmo, Selna Narish, - Secret Storehouse, Bandomeer

Even as Ariat was busy trying to horde pretty much everything not nailed down, Zen Shiva, Taral and Selna had moved over to look at the computer console. As Zen Shiva spoke to Taral, Selena announced herself. Ariat moved into the ship, looking over its supplies. "My name is Selna," the Anzati offered, with a slight nod of her head. "And I am Zen-Shiva?" the words were followed by a returning nod. "Welcome to the Hunt." Krasus and Naxximu had entered the storage area as well, as so far had not spoken to anyone else, but silently eyed the proceedings, looking over the others within the group. Taral was also silent, still having not spoken a word yet. Perhaps he had other issues on his mind, or a memory passed down to him suddenly stirring his thoughts. Whatever the reasons, he stayed silent. Ariat had left the ship, and had gone back to picking up anything that looked interesting. Selna walked over to Ariat, giving him a quick once over. She let her proboscises out of their pouches, and move freely about, "tasting" the air around him. "Your soup is not as strong as the others," she said quietly, "but that does not mean it wouldn't taste good..." Most likely, Ariat had not ever even heard of an Anzati, but he could definitely feel her strong presence within the darkness. Selna met the eyes of the young man. Then she smiled, let out a little laugh, and walked away, pulling the proboscises back into their pouches, leaving him to his own thoughts about the encounter. She certainly had enjoyed it.

Ssarmn meanwhile, wondered about the others of his team. He knew nothing of them, and to him that was a liability. It was obvious the young one was barely trained..but he must have some use, if he had been sent. Others however, seemed quite able in their tasks. He eyed the tables filled with equipment. Another, the young one, made his way towards the weapons. Ssarmn, his face unappealing even by Trandoshan standards, briefly looked even worse as his mouth twisted into what could only be considered a smile. Obviously this Ariat had no trust in the Dark Side, or himself. Weapons such as blasters and grenades, though handy in certain situations, were inferior to the power that Sith carried with them always...the Force. He did not see any blasters, but he did find some very nice and sharp blades, daggers and other hand weapons.

Just then, a chime sounded and a hole of a young woman suddenly appeared in the middle of the room. "Assistance?" she said.

Ariat noticing the holo of the woman that had appeared, was first to speak.. "Do you have any blasters in this storeroom?" He said to the holo. "I too have a question, about Dromund Kaas." Zen quickly added. "?And I certainly hope you can answer it?" she stated firmly, yet with a sense of curiosity. "Are there still any planet-wide effects lingering from the Dark Force Temple?" Zen looked over to Ariat and casually addressed him: "The answer to my question has a direct connection to yours." She turned looking away from him.

As both Ariat and Zen-Shiva began to question the holo, Ssarmn made his way over to listen to the coming answers. "Yes," he hissed "I too wish to know what current information we have about Dromund Kaas."

The Holo looked around at the group, and then focused on Zen-Shiva. "Yes." it responded, its answer direct, if short. The woman then turned towards Ariat. "No." she told him. It then gave the group a slight smirk, before turning towards Ssamn. "Current information about Dromund Kaas?. The planet is the third planet in the Dromund system, A wet marshy world, and a colony and capital of the Old Sith Empire. The Dark Force Temple containes such power in the the Dark Side that most weapons, excluding lightsabers, malfunctioned on the planet's surface. The planet still belon

15. Shadowmancer

Apr 16, 2003

Zen-Shiva simply nodded in acknowledgement to the holographic image once she received her answer. Satisfied for the moment, she stepped over to where various vibro blades of different sizes were arrayed. She tested a several for balance and length, then soon after, availed herself of a pair. Her ice blue eyes then fell on a communication set and a hand held data pad, which she regarded dubiously, but after a moment of consideration, she gave a small sigh and took them just the same.

After that, she paused a moment, as if considering something.

"So is anyone besides me going to take the ship they are offering us?" she heard the young sith ask.

"That would be me?" Zen pointed out. "But we still have some time before departure. So take time to make sure you have all you need. Once we depart, there's no turning back."

Zen-Shiva graced the eager young sith with a slow knowing smile, then simply nodded before returning to her thoughts. Inwardly, she was also eager to face what challenges lay ahead, but experience demanded she calculated the risks and planned accordingly. This was by no means a trip into Hutt Space. No, she had a feeling this was far more insidious, and she had no wish for a great deal of unpleasant surprises, not if it could be helped -especially now that conditions on Dromund Kaas were somewhat confirmed.

"Unauthorized research, indeed?" Zen whispered under her breath, and could not help but wonder if Darth Falon's premature demise had anything to do with their current predicament.

Tag:Sinrebirth, s65Horsey, Despised1, DarthXan318, blubeast1237, 92SE-R

16. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Naxximu CosMo
    -Secret Storehouse, Bandomeer

From the back of the room, near the lift, there was a chuckle. Naxximu no doubt found it funny that a hologram offering assistance would give so little of it when asked for it. He had been watching how everyone behaved, but at the moment he had not perceived any threats and had just went about getting ready. He had grabbed two survival packs and emptied one, to use as a carrying bag, and had begun to put flares, flash bangs, grenades, cloaks, scanners and anything else he could find on the floor in the storehouse.

After securing that he had a good amount of fares and other aides, Naxximu made his way to the holo that was still in the middle of the floor. He eyed it suspiciously behind the blue light that it cast throughout the room. Naxximu had no questions for the device, he just didn't like it and quickly moved on to the weapons table. It was there that he saw a nice used straight blade, not unlike he had seen before, but it wasn't of kaleesh make, and that intrigued him enough to snatch it and tuck it in his belt. There was also a blaster rifle and he grabbed that too. Making sure he dropped nothing along the way, Naxximu entered the ship and put his supplies down before stepping back off. He unzipped his jacket as he had gotten heated from carrying the supplies.

Everyone was so quiet. It was eery, but over the years he had learned that this was how most Sith operated. He decided to break the silence as he hated it when things were quiet. Silence was not his forte. "My name is Naxximu CosMo and I think we need to work out the rooming arrangements."

Tag: The Dark Ones

17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Ssarmn
    Bandomeer, Secret Storehouse

"Unauthorized research, indeed?" Zen whispered under her breath. If Ssarmn was any further away he would not have heard her comment, but he wasn't, and what she had said echoed his own thoughts.

His own words were no whisper, but deeper in tone with a rough edge, there was no whisper for this Trandoshan. "What could a powerful Sith possibly research that would be considered unauthorized?" The very nature of the Sith was to explore that which was forbidden, that which others feared, it was the source of their power and what gave them an edge over their enemies....Jedi and Sith alike.

"If the First bothered to mention his death to us, then surely it was meant as a warning and we must use caution if we attempt to discover the truth of his studies." He fell into silence as he waited to see if Zen-Shiva or Selena would add their own thoughts to the discussion, but before they could a new voice chimed in.

This one Ssarmn had not noticed before, and it put the Trandoshan on edge. On the eve of such a dangerous assignment it was not good to be so lax about his surroundings, he would have to do better than this if he wished to survive what was to come.

"My name is Naxximu CosMo and I think we need to work out the rooming arrangements." The new voice rang out. Ssarmn's reptilian eyes looked toward the source seeking out the man who spoke to them. Who was this new addition? Would his presence add to their strength?

Tag: Ktala, Sinre, Shadowmancer, Sey, Xan, 92SE-R, blu

18. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007
    IC: leachim

The jedi felt a slight rush of wind as Seth caught up and sped past him in to the crowd. Squinting slightly, Leahcim searched the area with his eyes, narrowing out the different shouts, murmers, and faces, to find the source of this fear he now felt. This was easy, as a trade district was not exactly a spawning pit of fear. Finally the jedi found what he had been looking for. A young man, probably not much older than his new acquaintance Seth, run down several trade stalls and other people as he made his way to Seth.

Civilians gave a wide berth to Leahcim, as they heard the snap and hiss of a now activated lightsaber. "Seth, can you see what was chasing the young man? I cannot, yet" Leahcim said in a low voice as he searched the crowds for what ever was chasing it's victim. If whatever was out there had not noticed them before, it was bound to switch targets now. Aided by the force, the jedi filtered out the crowd, trying the mentally hightlight the location of this darkness. But he could only tell that it was near and moving towards him and Seth. Leahcim had spent a large amount of time tracking this taint down, and it was right in his grasp finally. As the young man neared him Leahcim stepped right in his way, putting his left hand to the man's chest. the ignited lightsaber did not help an already distraught person as he tried to push past Leahcim. Sorry about this. Using the force, Leahcim held the man down to keep him from running.

"There, I'll let you go as soon as you calm down. Tell me what's chasing you."

The guards looked nervous as they eyed the jedi and his companion. Especially the lightsaber. One of them twitched then spoke up.

"What in the name of Naboo are you doing Jedi?"

Leahcim eyed the guard steadily.

"Listen to me, there is something coming. It was originally chasing this man here, but it will hurt more people if that is what it takes to get away possibly."

TAG: Sarge, and Ktala as always.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Taral
    Studies

Taral folded his arms as the gaggle of Sith gathered for this mission. His opinion was not too high, but thus far they had to work together, that much was evident. If this threat was something that the Lords were really concerned by - assuming it existed - and so they should definitely have a thought. Drommund Kas was not a world unknown to him, but the detailed analysis, he did not.

"So is anyone besides me going to take the ship they are offering us?"

Taral nodded. "I have a hyperdrive equipped fighter craft, but it is not going to be sufficient for an expedition. If the ship has space for a smaller fighter or two, we can bring them with us." Taral bared his teeth in a smile. "My name is Taral. Son of Darth Wyyrlok IV." He pulled his robes around him, and drew himself a little taller. "Any objections to my craft being brought along - it will increase our range and options, after all...?"

TAG: Sith

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    GM NOTE:

Just a notice guys
    ..there are NO BLASTERS on the tables.

Thank you.

21. Shadowmancer

Apr 16, 2003

"What could a powerful Sith possibly research that would be considered unauthorized?"

Zen-Shiva turned to the source of the comment which brought her out of her thoughts. Either the Trandoshan heard her, or he was on the same trend of thought. Her gaze searched his reptilian eyes and beheld a not so hidden fierceness. She was pleased by what she saw, but kept it to herself for now and allowed the sith to continue.

"If the First bothered to mention his death to us, then surely it was meant as a warning and we must use caution if we attempt to discover the truth of his studies."

An very interesting postulation, but before Zen could offer her own thoughts on the matter, another voice interjected.

"My name is Naxximu CosMo and I think we need to work out the rooming arrangements." The new voice rang out. Zen barely had time to get a good look at the newcomer, before someone else spoke. Well, it certainly seemed as if the 'ice' in the room was finally breaking, somewhat.

"I have a hyperdrive equipped fighter craft, but it is not going to be sufficient for an expedition. If the ship has space for a smaller fighter or two, we can bring them with us." chimed in the chagrian. Zen smiled slightly at this.

"My name is Taral. Son of Darth Wyyrlok IV." the chagrian announced as he pulled his robes around him, and drew himself a little taller. "Any objections to my craft being brought along - it will increase our range and options, after all...?"

"No objections." Zen declared coolly as she turned to fully face the speakers, even as she made a mental note concerning the chagrian. That bit of information he offered explain a good deal.

"I am Zen-Shiva. Welcome to the Hunt, Naxximu." she said, gracing the sith with a small nod. "I agree that we do have a bit of planning ahead to do, and though I have no doubt that individually we are quite self reliant and certainly formidable in our own rights, this other 'darkness' will require all our collective efforts to best?" Zen couldn't help it as she allowed herself a sly smile. " And I do look forward to working alongside each of you, but first - we need a game plan."

With one hand she gestured to the floating image of their destination.

"Bandomeer. That's our hunting ground, and we need to know everything we can about it. And as for transportation?" Zen regarded the ship that would serve as their transport vessel.

"Assistance?" she called out to the holo image.

"Tell me, what are the specifications of this vessel."

Zen fell silent now, her ice blue eyes scanning the room as she waited for an answer.This might just work.

Tag:Sinrebirth, s65Horsey, Despised1, DarthXan318, blubeast1237, 92SE-R

22. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Seth Marcle
    Naboo, Lower Levels

Upon first sighting the young man, Seth raised a brow when he sensed the Force flow through him, boosting his speed as Seth had just done with his own. Another Force-user then which tended to be the target of the darkness. But then came the question: was this the darkness that Seth had been chasing around the galaxy for, or was it the one that had slain the two Jedi back up at the landing pad?

Well, they were going to find out soon enough weren't they?

Either we die instantly or die slowly will be the deciding factor on that, Seth thought in humor once again. While Leachim hung back and caught up with the young man, Seth stepped forward and seemed to stand defiantly in the path of the coming darkness.

His pistols drawn, Seth spun the two weapons with his fingers before, upon spreading his feet apart - one foot sliding forward, the other back -, the young man held them at the ready with his right hand drawing back so that he held his one pistol near his face while the other was held diagonally down in front of him. It was his own unique stance for the unique choice of weapons, his weapons and body at the ready to shoot or dodge or even block. After all, he had no idea what to expect from this adversary. Or if it would even attack since, as far as Seth knew, the darkness hadn't been too public with its murdering. Or rather one of them anyway.

"I don't see anything yet," Seth replied to Leachim's questioning. His eyes staring forward, Seth looked left to right, up and down, trying to see if he could indeed find anything with such mortal senses. He was also searching with the Force, of course, trying to see if he could locate it with these trusted senses. The darkness permeated the air and it was coming towards them, and Seth tried to look deeper into the darkness, to see where, exactly, it is and possibly what, exactly, it was.

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    The Dark Ones: Taral, Ariat, Zen-Shiva, Krasus, Ssarmn, Naxximu Cosmo, Selna Narish, - Secret Storehouse, Bandomeer

Zen-Shiva simply nodded in acknowledgment to the holographic image once she received her answer. From the back of the room, near the lift, there was a chuckle, as Naxximu seemed to have found something amusing. Zen-Shiva had walked over towards the table where various blades were in an array. Naxximu also made his way towards the table. The both seemed to pick over various blades, before they each choose what caught their eye.

Then it was the business of packing various bits of equipment that they each thought would be useful to them. There seemed to be plenty of supplies available, though there were a few items that quickly disappeared, as they were in shorter supply. A moment later, a voice broke the quietness.

"So is anyone besides me going to take the ship they are offering us?" Ariat ask the group. "That would be me." Zen pointed out. "But we still have some time before departure. So take time to make sure you have all you need. Once we depart, there's no turning back." Zen-Shiva graced the eager young Sith with a slow knowing smile, then simply nodded before returning to her thoughts.

Silence once again filled the chambers. Perhaps the Sith were considering which research would be considered unauthorized. For it was well known to many that very few types of research fell under that category. Obviously, it was of some importance, if the Sith Council had decided that action needed to be taken immediately. That in itself was no small feat.

"If the First bothered to mention his death to us, then surely it was meant as a warning and we must use caution if we attempt to discover the truth of his studies." Ssaram interjected in his hissing voice.

There was a long pause in the chambers before Naxximu decided to break the silence as he hated it when things were quiet. "My name is Naxximu CosMo and I think we need to work out the rooming arrangements."

Taral chose this moment to finally speak. "I have a hyperdrive equipped fighter craft, but it is not going to be sufficient for an expedition. If the ship has space for a smaller fighter or two, we can bring them with us." Taral bared his teeth in a smile. "My name is Taral. Son of Darth Wyyrlok IV." He pulled his robes around him, and drew himself a little taller. "Any objections to my craft being brought along - it will increase our range and options, after all...?"

"No objections." Zen declared coolly as she turned to fully face the speakers. "I am Zen-Shiva. Welcome to the Hunt." she said, gracing the Sith with a small nod. "I agree that we do have a bit of planning ahead to do, and though I have no doubt that individually we are quite self reliant and certainly formidable in our own rights, this other 'darkness' will require all our collective efforts to best." Zen couldn't help it as she allowed herself a sly smile. " And I do look forward to working alongside each of you, but first - we need a game plan."

With one hand she gestured to the floating image of their destination. "Bandomeer. That's our hunting ground, and we need to know everything we can about it. And as for transportation." Zen regarded the ship that would serve as their transport vessel.

"Assistance." she called out to the holo image. The same female holo image from before appeared, facing Zen-Shiva. "Assistance." she replied quietly.

"Tell me, what are the specifications of this vessel."

The apparition looked upwards, as if reading something, and then looked back at Zen-Shiva.
    "The Karock is a KS-500 light freighter model KS-500 Spaceways Transport light freighter. It has been modified to holds two heavy laser cannons, one medium ion cannon, and two concussion missiles. IT is 28.3 meters long, with a Class 2 hyperdrive system. It has an automated crew, and can carry 8 passengers, by modifications done to its cargo capacity, and can carry 50 tons of cargo, and 2 months worth of foodstocks." The holo grew silen

24. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Naxximu Cosmo
    -Secret Storehouse, Bandomeer

Naxximu scratched his face behind the mask. "Automated...So we don't need a pilot...good." He stood back up from his crouching position and walked back aboard the ship. He wasn't in a rush, well, he kinda was. There was no point in standing around in a dark warehouse when they had gathered everything they were going to be able to retrieve from it. So, he kinda was in a rush, but it was more about him being impatient.

"I think we should gather the information we already have and get moving because we also have to take Taral's ship. I we should get a move on after everyone grabs what they can carry."

Tag: Dark ones

25. Shadowmancer

Apr 16, 2003

The specification to The Karock were rather pleasing, especially as far as the weapons were concerned. It truly sounded like a capable vessel, but Zen-Shiva had one more question about their transport. However, before she could even form the first word, another sith spoke up. She identified the voice as belonging to the new arrival, Naxximu.

"I think we should gather the information we already have and get moving because we also have to take Taral's ship. We should get a move on after everyone grabs what they can carry."

Zen turned her head and regarded Naxximu as if she were seeing him for the very first time. She took a good look at him, made her mental notes, then turned once again to the holo image.

"We'll get there in due time?" she said calmly, then addressed the holo image.

"One more question about The Karock. Is it able to cloak?"

The question was simple as should be the answer. Depending on which it was, Zen could determine certain parameters about their mission. At least she wasn't planning to head out unprepared, not if it could be helped. There were 'other' threats to consider in addition to this 'strange Darkness'.

Tag: Ktala, other Sith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.