1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars +++ Fate of the Sith: Shadow Hunters +++

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ktala, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    Seth Marcle
    Naboo, Lower Levels


    Despite all that was going on - the guards that were pointing their weapons at them, the hysterical young man that they had caught up with -, Seth still stood like a rock in the face of the coming darkness, his blasters poised and ready to attack or defend. It was only upon sensing a sudden spike in the Force that Seth allowed his head to turn in the direction of Leachim and the young man; the former who had been blasted back by a surge of the Force while the latter struggled to get back up on his feet and keep running.

    The cursing that the young man sent their way, and his manipulation of the Force, made Seth start to think that he sure wasn't a Jedi. A Sith perhaps? Or something else entirely?

    The blaster in his right hand twitched, the thumb poised over the thumb switch that would switch his blaster from kill, to safety, or stun. It was a shameful instinct that made Seth think about turning his blaster on the man's back and shooting him in order to gain forceful cooperation. But the Naboo guards probably wouldn't have liked such a display, reasoned his more tame mind, and such an action would probably only serve to further complicate their situation.

    He'll just have to rely on Leachim to handle that situation. Otherwise Seth remained where he was, ready to act; whether it was to fight or defend against the darkness...or against the guards that still had their blasters at the ready.

    TAG: Ktala, Remi
  2. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    The Dark Ones: Taral, Ariat, Zen-Shiva, Krasus, Ssarmn, Naxximu Cosmo, Selna Narish, - Secret Storehouse, Bandomeer


    Naxximu scratched his face behind the mask. "Automated...So we don't need a pilot...good." He stood back up from his crouching position and walked back aboard the ship, checking out the interior as he did. He then stepped back out.

    "I think we should gather the information we already have and get moving because we also have to take Taral's ship. I think we should get a move on after everyone grabs what they can carry."

    Zen-Shiva turned her head and regarded Naxximu as if she were seeing him for the very first time. She took a good look at him, before she spoke.

    "We'll get there in due time?" she said calmly, then addressed the holo image.

    "One more question about The Karock. Is it able to cloak?"

    The holo looked at Zen-Shiva and gave a slight nod. "The Karock is able to cloak, but only for an hour. After that, it will automatically uncloak, because cloaking takes a toll on its engines. Anything more than an hour will require the engines to shut down in order to re-energize their power cells." The holo smiled darkly. "Also, overtaxing the engines has been known to cause .. cataclysmic failure."


    Silence once more filled the chambers.


    Tag: Sinrebirth, s65Horsey, Shadowmancer, Despised1, DarthXan318, blubeast1237, 92SE-R


  3. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

    Member Since:
    Jun 24, 2006
    star 7
    IC: Ariat
    Bandomeer

    The holo told him no. There were no blasters. As much as Ariat wanted a blaster he knew that he shouldn't have one. He needed to do this as a Sith apprentice and therefore he should keep working with his lightsaber. He breathed in deeply, nodded his head at the holo and walked off towards the ship. He barely listened as others discussed rooming conditions on the ship and one of the Sith wanted to bring his ship along in the hold. Ariat didn't care about any of these things. He was used to sleeping on a mat on a floor surrounded by other children his own age for warmth. Any spot on that ship would be a step up from where he was on Coruscant. So he said nothing. He clutched the backpack he'd picked up as if he'd never had anything so nice before. In fact, he hadn't.

    Even though he appeared to not be listening to the others, he was. He just knew very little so he didn't say anything. He didn't know anything about the planet that the others were asking about. He had never heard of any of the Sith before or seen the one in the holo that The First had shown them. He didn't understand most of the questions about the ship either. Once again he found himself getting angry at his master. It was his master who should've been here, not him. Ariat was way out of his league.

    As anger rose in him he heard something interesting.

    "Also, overtaxing the engines has been known to cause .. cataclysmic failure."

    He couldn't stop the snort from coming out. Who talked that way? Cataclysmic failure? Did people really have to worry about these things?

    Ariat had much to learn. He just hoped he could stay alive long enough to do so.

    Tag: Sith

    OOC: I am going on a trip from Monday - Sunday. I am not sure that I will have internet or time to write a post. Xani has my permission to move my character.
  4. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Nov 15, 2004
    star 7
    IC: Taral
    Warehouse

    The light freighter was more than sufficient for their purposes. Taral nodded. "My vessel will fit perfectly within such a hold. I am, I shall admit, neither an adept pilot or particularly proficient shooter. I assume that we will have 'assigned' roles in this expedition? By whom, I wonder?"

    Taral shrugged, breaking the point he had raised, rhetorical as it was; who would lead the expedition? "But that can wait, as we have to get moving, my learned colleagues. I doubt the First will approve of all of this postulating." The query about the cloak had been a perceptive one, he noted, but Taral did not doubt that such efforts had been used prior. With that in mind, Taral had a quite specific query for the little hologram, and leaned between the others, picking up a datapad from the table.

    "Provide us with what details we have about this new threat, particular how the Sith and Jedi that have already failed were equipped at last report. Perhaps that can give us an idea as to how they came at the problem; and how they failed." He did not care to hear this now, but it would prove necessary reading while enroute to the Drommund system... while the others squabbled about who led what, and did what...


    TAG: Sithly
  5. -Remi- Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 8, 2007
    star 4
    IC: Leahcim
    Location: Market in Naboo



    "Dirty Jedi! Let GO of me! I hope it gets you".

    "Get me? If you simply tell me what is going to 'get me', then I will let you go", And as cruel as this is, use him as bait for "it" to come out. Leahcim thought. Suddenly the whites of his eyes grew larger when a huge surge of the force set off the warning bells in his mind. He did not look around to see if Seth felt the same thing. It was not massive, but a large enough concentration to shock him for some seconds before he began to narrow his eyes at the young stranger.


    Before he could inquire about it, his body flew back after the man screamed. The 360 degree force wave launched the jedi in to a crowd, knocking several down before he could react properly. But he was ready after he got up. Leahcim could not see where his lightsaber was at. A careful look around told him that it was deactivated in time not to sever anyone's limbs. The force wave did not take Seth by surprise much either, as he was not close enough to catch the full brunt of it. Leahcim produced a small sigh and shutter at the thought of his weapon cutting it's way through the crowd.


    He would not call the common ability this person used crude, which meant a rough guess would say his Midi-chlorian count was considerably large. But that was not important, as the look of exhaustion on his face told him that the man had been running a good while. Leahcim cocked his head to the right as he moved cautiously closer, and spoke up to the man, "You'll run yourself ragged soon with this much exertion and emotional turmoil. You and I both know this. What is your name?...Running by yourself of course does not do any good if you don't have two trained force users to assist you."


    The older guard got up on his feet. "Good grief jedi, who the kriff do you think you are!?!?". He got up with the other guards, their blasters now gripped tightly and pointed at Seth and Leahcim, as well as the young man.


    "That incident in the force was not my doing. It was this man on his hands and knees. I think it is best if we calm him down first. I apologize for igniting my lightsaber, but pointing your blaster at me then or now will not change the fact that the darkness I spoke of will come and wreak havoc in this market, whether I was here or not. But me and my new companion here",he gestured his right hand to Seth, who stood poised for battle, "can at least assist in calming this young man down, as well as prevent his possible killer from doing anything regrettable. The local guard at least has heard of the high murder rate in the core worlds and beyond? We have the belief that this young man is involved in it somehow."

    Leahcim spoke the last question as he moved towards his now found lightsaber, manipulating the force to pull the weapon back in to his left hand. The jedi looked back at the guard for their responses. This could become complicated, or worse, depending on their reactions.

    TAG: Sarge, Ktala
  6. 92SE-R Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 15, 2005
    star 3
    OOC: Sorry for being AFK for a bit, but I have been pretty sick. I just caught up on everyone's posts, and will have a post up for Selna tomorrow.
  7. Shadowmancer Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 16, 2003
    star 2
    IC: Zen-Shiva
    Location:Secret storehouse, 2nd Sub Level, Bandomeer

    It was Zen-Shiva's turn to play silent observer now, as others who had been previously silent, suddenly became more vocal. There were a few who still had not spoken a word, but time had a way to remedy that.

    Looking about, Zen managed to see the young sith as he further separated himself from the main group in a more obvious manner. It seemed he was not skilled enough to even hide his rising anger as it radiated from him. Perhaps he did not care if the others felt it. Either way, no one else gave any indication of it, palpable as it was. Zen made a mental note of it. This was quite an interesting development and one she would keep track of, like Taral choosing to interact with the holo image above addressing anyone else who had spoken to him prior. At least the information he solicited was useful.

    Silently, they all waited for the holo image's response, for soon after, they would all be traveling to Dromund Kaas where a very real and lethal challenge would begin for all present. Would this group rise to the challenge? Zen-Shiva wondered. Certainly some did have a small chance of survival- as individuals, but that was NOT what their mission required for success. What an amusing conundrum. Zen couldn't help but smile as she mused on these things.

    This particular assignment was clearly going to be her most challenging to date, and possibly the most intriguing from the looks of things (and given the amount of variables). So, as the saying went; 'Let the games begin'.

    Tag: Ktala, Sith
  8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Jul 1, 2000
    star 6
    Kaicus Cor

    Roland's Bluff, Telos IV

    That explained how whatever it was he sensed had gotten to the top of the rock cropping. Getting to it would be difficult so he opted the only other way to find out how to get to it. By bringing it to him instead. Kaicus took a calming breath and stretched out in the Force, sensing and feeling the object of interest. He may not be able to physically see, but the Force would let him see for him so that even if he could not obtain the object, he could get an idea of what it was from where he was.

    Carefully and full concentration, he reached out with an invisible hand and attempted to grip the item from where it lay and coax it off the rock cropping. Manipulating objects was not his strongest ability. He knew he could not lift things larger than himself, such as a starship, and he had some difficulty manipulating smaller things with ease. He just hoped that whatever it was that he was trying to grab, was not fragile.


    TAG: Ktala

    Sorry for the delay... in CA for the next week so replies will be slower than usual.
  9. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Taral, Ariat, Zen-Shica, Krasus, Ssarmn, Naxximu Cosmo, Selna Narish, - Secret Storehouse, Bandomeer



    Ariat had looked for blasters, and found out that there were none. The holo had stated that fact. As much as Ariat wanted a blaster he knew he needed to do this as a Sith apprentice. He nodded his head at the holo and walked off towards the ship. He wasnt interested in what the others were talking about. He had no knowledge to bring to the discussions. His frustrations began to grow. As he heard the computer speak, he let out a soft snort. He wondered why his master had not come along. Wether or not it was by his decision, or that of the councils, Ariat didnt know. But he did have to wonder why he was chosen. Did he perhaps have something that the others needed? Or was there something else, that called his Master away? He had no answers, only more questions. Perhaps he would find out more, once this little trip had started.

    Krasus, who had not spoken to any within the group so far, walked over and collected a few items that could be useful in any situation. Krasus so far was intrigued. Even though he had spent much of his time within his own research, he knew little of the world Dromund Kaas. It was hidden, even within the regular Sith archives. There had to be a reason. And that a few here knew of it, was even more interesting. Why had this group been assembled. But he was certain his work would begin, once they reached Dromund Kaas. Taral meanwhile, had checked over the vessel and decided that his ship would fit within. The question within his mind was who was to lead this expedition. But like the others, he had decided that information was now key, as he moved over towards the hologram. He leaned between the others, picking up a datapad from the table.

    "Provide us with what details we have about this new threat, particular how the Sith and Jedi that have already failed were equipped at last report. Perhaps that can give us an idea as to how they came at the problem; and how they failed." He then walked away, not wanting to hear the response at the moment. Zen-Shiva's however was quite interested in what the response would be, as were some others within the group. The holograph flickered, watching as Taral did not stay to hear the response. She paused for a moment, as if deciding what to do, and then she began to speak.

    "Response both audio and datastream. I will download last team equipment and data. As for other information requested, The Sith Council have sent out several contacts to try and decern threat. At one point, contact was made with the Anzati, due the way some victems have been found. Results were negative, and so several teams were sent out to some of the outer worlds within the Sith Region of space. A recording was made, and sent to the council a month ago. And during our scans of the holonet, we have recorded several deaths of Jedi under mysterious circumstances. It is unknown how the Jedi were equipped, but it was noted several sonic weapons were found. This team has been equipted with two rayshield generator area shields." The holocron pointed to Zen-Shiva and Ariat. "Which were recently obtained. You are the first team being sent to Dromund Kaas. And ..."

    The female hologram stopped, and looked upwards, putting a hand to her ear, as if intently looking for something. She frowned, standing silent for several long moments, before she looked back down at the group. "Update. A possible occurrence has happened on the planet of Naboo, but this is unconfirmed at the moment. This is a deviation from the earlier projected path of attacks, so it is uncertain if this instance is connected or not." She looked at Zen-Shiva. "Further updates can be uploaded via datapads, if you so require it."

    Selna found the bit about the Sith making contact with the Anzati interesting. Very few beings or groups, 'made contact' with them, for such contacts had a way of going bad quickly, unless mutual understanding was made. She had not heard from her
  10. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2005
    star 6
    Ssarmn
    Bandomeer, Secret Storehouse

    The life of a hunter is typically a solitary one. Ssarmn's existence was a good example of this, and though he had become accustom to relying upon himself it was hard to really ever grow to enjoy the staggering loneliness. Before his life with the Sith, he had grown up knowing the joy of the hunt with others of his species. A Trandoshan hunting party were as family, aware of each others skill, knowledge and shortcomings. It is what made them strong.

    Looking at the assembled Sith now he realized quickly that while they had learned to not kill each other on site, they had failed to really grasp the concept of working together for mutual gain. They were not a hunting party. They were a collection of individual egos brought together to hunt down this murderous Darkness...or die in the effort.

    Based on what he had seen in the time they had gathered, Ssarmn was increasingly less confident about their chances for survival.

    Ssarmn grunted in amusement. This was not a good attitude to start off with.

    As he tried to shake off his pessimistic thoughts, the Trandoshan refocused his attention to the hologram. She gave the reply to Taral, who didn't really seem to be listening. The information was useful, but nothing of vital importance was revealed. A curious event was passed along to them, seemingly a new occurrence on Naboo.

    By the time the holo had finished Ssarmn realized that he had begun to absently pace about the storehouse, he was unsure why but immediately noticed concealed within the outer shadows what appeared to be a droid. Curious as to why a seemingly useless droid would be in this place, the Trandoshan approached slowly. As he got closer it was clear that this droid had seen action of some kind, it was beat up and had a fair amount of carbon scoring. What immediately stood out to him however was the large portion of the droid which looked to have been torn from it's body by brute force.

    After a moment more of visual inspection he ran his hand across the jagged edge of the metal. The hunter's instinct told him that no humanoid had caused this damage.

    This was something all of the gathered Sith should see, if for no other reason than to put in their minds the kind of damage the creature they hunted could cause. His deep voice carried easily across the storehouse, "This droid looks like it was attacked by a Rancor." Musing aloud he decided to see if the holo could offer further information, "Hologram, what information is available regarding the circumstances in which this droid was damaged?"

    Tag: Ktala, Sinre, Shadowmancer, Sey, Xan, 92SE-R, blu
  11. Shadowmancer Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 16, 2003
    star 2
    IC: Zen-Shiva
    Location:Secret storehouse, 2nd Sub Level, Bandomeer

    The information afforded by the hologram was useful, though not as revealing as she'd expected, but useful just the same. What was to be expected, this was not a forensic investigation to begin with. Eitherway, it was interesting to note that the young one was named Ariat, and he had the only other rayshield generator. How very interesting. It seemed the fates were planning ahead for their amusement. Very interesting indeed.

    Zen-Shiva took it all in, moving pieces of the puzzle in her mind. Of course, they had too few to start with, but it was good to see where they might fit. For a moment, it appeared as if the hologram was to reveal some tidbit on Dromund Kaas, when an update arrived. Something about Naboo. How very curious. Too bad the planet wasn't directly on their way to their destination. A visit could prove insightful. Perhaps. But that was not her decision to make.

    "Further updates can be uploaded via datapads, if you so require it." the hologram declared, looking directly at Zen-Shiva.

    "Yes, I would require updates as soon as they can be transmitted." she stated with a nod.

    Knowledge was power too, and the more insight they had on their mysterious threat, the better.

    Not too far way, something seemed to have caught the trandoshan's attention. Zen tracked him for a moment, curious. Perhaps he'd found something relating to their mission. It took him a moment, but finally, the trandoshan turned to face the assembled group, revealing a battle weathered droid.

    "This droid looks like it was attacked by a Rancor." He declared, his voice carrying clearly across the storehouse. Zen took a few steps closer, wishing to inspect the odd sight herself. What relevance could this possibly have to the mission? Was the trandoshan on to something?

    "Hologram, what information is available regarding the circumstances in which this droid was damaged?"

    Zen remained silent as she waited for the holograms response. She made no show of it, but it was palpable how the others wished to 'get on' with the mission. It was completely understandable, really, but heading into the unknown with little knowledge was a clear recipe for failure.

    "We'll soon be done here, then we can load Taral's ship and be on our merry way." Zen suddenly said to the others, sparing them only a glance before once again turning to face the hologram for what was probably the last time. At least within the warehouse. Something told her this would not be the last time they would be seeing the holo image, and the danger they were heading towards was not one they should be rushing to uninformed.

    Nevertheless, this was how the game was being played out. One that Zen understood quite well at its very core. Survival of the fittest. In the galaxy, there was no fiercer game.

    Tag:Ktala, Despised1, Sith
  12. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Leachim Savid, Seth Marcle - Naboo Landing Pad


    Leahcim had held on tightly to the young man who had been running, trying to convince him to tell him what was going on. But he had been interrupted by a huge shock wave within the force, that had sent him reeling. Leachim had landed within a crowd of beings, who after seeing him go flying, took off running. At first, Leahcim could not see where his lightsaber was at. A careful look around told him that it was deactivated in time not to sever anyone's limbs. The force wave did not take Seth by surprise much either, as he was not close enough to catch the full brunt of it. Leahcim produced a small sigh and shutter at the thought of his weapon cutting it's way through the crowd.

    AS the man was still trying to get away, Leachim spoke to him, trying to convince him to speak, or at least tell them his name. The older guard got up on his feet. "Good grief Jedi, who the kriff do you think you are!?!?". He got up with the other guards, their blasters now gripped tightly and pointed at Seth and Leahcim, as well as the young man.

    "That incident in the force was not my doing. It was this man on his hands and knees. I think it is best if we calm him down first. I apologize for igniting my lightsaber, but pointing your blaster at me then or now will not change the fact that the darkness I spoke of will come and wreak havoc in this market, whether I was here or not. But me and my new companion here",he gestured his right hand to Seth, who stood poised for battle, "can at least assist in calming this young man down, as well as prevent his possible killer from doing anything regrettable. The local guard at least has heard of the high murder rate in the core worlds and beyond? We have the belief that this young man is involved in it somehow." Leahcim pulled his saber back to his hand, as he finished his statements.

    The young man listened to the discussion. He wanted to get off this rock, but the older Jedi had brought up a good point. They might be a distraction he needed in order to leave this horrible place. At the moment, he kept down, staying out of arms reach. He wanted to run if he needed to. So he just kept crouched low to the ground, not moving. He reached up to wipe the blood from a cut he had received on his forehead, as he scanned the area. 'Where was it?' he though to himself, as he breathed deeply.

    The older guard to a carefully look around. This situation was getting out of hand quickly. Force users always were a pain to deal with. he looked at the other guards with him. "Go. Tend to the crowds, and tell everyone to go inside. We will deal with this." He then reached up, touching his comlink on his shoulder. "We need more assistance. Might be connected to the docking bay mess." He then pulled out a small device with his other hands, not showing it, but keeping it in his hand. The older guard didnt lower his weapon, but he didnt point it directly towards Leahcim. It was pointed more towards the man on his hands and knees. "You!" he called out. We will have no more of that, or I will drop you where you stand." He looked towards Leachim and Seth. "And you two say there's something coming? I see nothing, except the ruckus you've caused within the marketplace. I ought to..."

    "Ahhhhhhh!"

    "What in Feralls fangs?" growled the older guard as looked over. Leachim and Seth could see him running like mad from something skittering along on the ground. Now it was time for Seth's eyebrows to raise. The only thing Seth could see was something that looked like a ball of fur ambling down the street. If this thing had any legs to it, they must be small. It didnt seem to be attacking the man, just walking down the street. If it had eyes, or even teeth, they sure were not visible to him at the moment. What about this had spoked the guard. Leachim had seen the things before from archives. Barely worth the mention. Many people kept them as pets.

    The gray colored puff wobbled down the street like something was wrong with it.


    Tag: -Remi-, S
  13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Jul 1, 2000
    star 6
    Kaicus Cor

    Roland's Bluff, Telos IV

    A ring.

    An elaborately decorated one as well if what he could tell through the Force was right. He frowned as he detected a hint of wrongness about the ring. So simple of an object should not have such a taint about it and he could not fathom why yet. He did not have enough information to draw conclusions from.

    So he went in search of more.

    The old, blind Jedi turned his blindfolded gaze in the direction of the path that was darkest and started to head down it, letting the Force guide him to where he needed to go. The ring was important, he figured, but there was little he could determine with his limited ability in the Force. He would need the other Jedi to discern more out of the ring.

    He did not look forward to asking the Jedi for help, remembering the reason why he was no longer part of the Order and why he had refused to return when the Order had held open arms to him. He knew they would ask him to return, especially now with their numbers so low and masters still needed to train the new generations. He was not ready to return and doubted he ever would be.

    Kaicus pushed back the past and buried it in favor of focusing on the task at hand for the time being. But he knew it would come back to haunt him again as it always did since the day he had fled from the Ossus Temple all those years ago.

    As he walked along the path, his senses were stretched all around him in search of anything else of significance that might explain what had happened here at the Bluff.


    TAG: Ktala
  14. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

    Member Since:
    Jun 24, 2006
    star 7
    IC: Ariat
    Location:Secret storehouse, 2nd Sub Level, Bandomeer

    The young sith was starting to feel restless. No one seemed to know what they were up against and the information they were receiving from the holo was not making any sense. He stood near the ship and shifted from foot to foot. The holo taunted them with the transmission of doom that was taken from the droid of one of the Sith Lords. It sounded like a beast was attacking him but Ariat knew that answer was too simple. No creature of this galaxy was too much for a Sith Lord. He brought his hand up to his face and scratched his nose which had begun to itch. His hand froze as it was lowering back to his side.

    The force presence that entered the room was almost enough to cut off his breathing. Ariat no longer panicked when he felt this way. Instead he remembered the lessons from his master and drew his anger around himself making himself all but disappear in the force. This way he could breathe again. The First entered the storehouse and took away the hideously creepy female that had attempted to play with him earlier. A small bit of relief washed over Ariat. He did not know what that creature was, but he did know that he would attempt to kill her if she paid him any attention again.

    Ariat had not studied and followed this path to be taken advantage of anymore.

    Tag: Sith
  15. Shadowmancer Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 16, 2003
    star 2
    IC: Zen-Shiva
    Location:Secret storehouse, 2nd Sub Level, Bandomeer

    Lord Xamphias, a broken droid, and a cryptic message. It became clear to Zen-Shiva that there was nothing else they could learn here, other than generate more questions with no immediate answers. She would have to study this information on their way to Dromund Kaas. No way she was going on the mission field completely blind.

    Before she could take any action, a fierce presence in the darkside washed over the room. Zen's hand reflexively went to her lightsaber and caressed the hilt. Her mind snapped into battle readiness, even though her body moved gracefully to one side, her eyes scanning the direction where she'd felt the presence. Suddenly, the lift door slid open and The First walked into the room. Zen nodded respectfully, both wondering what had prompted his re-emergence and secretly wishing to posses a presence with such fearsome magnitude. She did notice that The First did not look at those gathered, but instead walked towards the female Anzati.

    "You. You will come with me.NOW."

    This was clearly not a request, as The First turned and strolled back towards the lift, no doubt fully expecting Selna to be right behind. Well, given the Force influence he was exerting, there was little doubt that she would. As expected, Selna gathered her things and soon disappeared within the lift, and in a moment, they were both gone.

    The room had fallen silent once again.

    Zen spared a glance towards the young sith, Ariat. His expression told her everything she needed to know.

    "I suggest we get going before our group gets any smaller and we fail even before we have begun."

    With that, Zen brought her hood back up to cover her head, gathered her equipment and walked towards the waiting ship. She doubted she would need to look back to see if the others were making their way. It had become quite obvious that it was time to leave.

    Her cloaked form gracefully moved up the ship's ramp, almost as if she were gliding. Zen stopped for a moment, before moving again. Looking for a cabin was her last priority at this point. First she needed to visits the ship's cockpit to familiarize herself with the controls. She'd be damned if she would allow herself to be flown in a ship she could not pilot herself, or allow some automated system be the only option to flying when she was around. In her experience, something would invariably go wrong, and she was not one to be caught by surprise, not if it could be helped.

    The choice had been made, so to the ship's cockpit she went.

    Tag: Sith, Ktala
  16. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    Seth Marcle
    Naboo, Lower Levels, Landing Pad


    What...the...frak?

    That was Seth's only response - other then his raised brows - to the ball of fur that skittered along the ground. In all appearances that was just what it was; a harmless ball of fluff. He couldn't see any eyes or teeth or even legs for that matter within all that fur and...roundness. Not exactly a threatening creature as it seemed more suited to be nothing more then a pet for any normal citizen that may be drawn to the small, innocent, furry shape of a creature. Yet it spooked the man somehow.

    Despite the harmless appearance, Seth pointed one of his blasters at the thing. Something was wrong here, not only with just how the man acted but how the creature acted. It moved as if it was ill, or sick. A rabid furry fluff ball maybe? Hardly a threat as, once again, Seth couldn't see any natural weapons - claws, teeth, poisoned barbs, things like that - on the creature's body that could warrant it as a danger, rabid or not. So what was with the spooking then?

    Considering that there was a darkness hovering around the lower levels, apparently chasing Force-sensitive victims, and there were currently a couple dead Jedi at the upper levels of Naboo, Seth wasn't going to take any chances here; even with a seemingly harmless critter.

    "Stunning," Seth announced, mostly for the guards' benefit then anyone else; he didn't want them to accidentally shoot him with his next action. His thumb flicking at the setting of his pistol - from lethal to stun -, Seth pointed the barrel of his weapon at the creature and shot it, a blue ring of energy leaping from his blaster and towards the creature to stun it.

    Shoot first, ask questions later. Not exactly a very Jedi thought but it served Seth well in the past.

    TAG: Ktala, Remi
  17. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2007
    star 5
    Naxximu CosMo
    -Storehouse, Ship

    Naxximu, from his position on the ship's ramp, chuckled as the First came in and made their group a little less Anzati. Someone said that they should get going before something like that happened again.

    "Agreed." Everyone kept asking questions to the damn machine and it was seriously slowing them down and Naxximu was ready to go. "I'll be on the ship starting this mug up." He walked to the droid and raed his hands to get the droid's attention or to see if it was on, not even Naxximu was sure, but he then spoke to it. "Power the ship on and turn the engines on, we're ready to leave."

    Tag: Dark ones, Ktala
  18. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Leachim Savid, Seth Marcle - Lower Levels, Naboo


    "What...the...frak? was the comment Seth made as he looked down the road at the bll of fur that seemed to amble aimlessly down the road. But the way it spooked the guard was one thing. And behind him, he could definitely feel the young man they had stopped early backing away.

    The older guard was looking from the fleeing guard to the furball as if his eyes were playing tricks on him. "What is WRONG with you?" the elder guard called out, even as Seth pointed one of his blasters at the thing.

    "Stunning," Seth announced. The elderly guard looked at Seth for a moment, and then nodded, giving a hand signal as he did. Seth pointed weapon at the creature and shot at it, the a blue ring of energy leap from his blaster and towards the creature to stun it. As soon as Seth pulled the trigger, the furball suddenly froze, and then zipped down the street at an incredibly fast speed, rolling as it moved. But Seth's blast manage to catch a bit of it, and it rolled to a stop. There was a faint hint of fear, just before it stopped moving, quivering on the ground.

    As Leachim watched with the other guard, he could now hear the footsteps of others quickly approaching. Other guards. He also saw the young man who had been running early, doing his best to disappear as he crawled away quickly.

    The elder guardsman started to walk towards the creature, trying to determine what about it caused his guard to run.



    Tag: -Remi-, Sarge221




    ....

    Kaicus Cor - Roland's Bluff, Telos IV



    Kaicus carefully looked over the ring as best he could, but besides the decorations on it, and a faint taint, he could tell no more about it, or what it meant. So, he continued on his path. The old, blind Jedi turned his blindfolded gaze in the direction of the path that was darkest and started to head down it, letting the Force guide him to where he needed to go. Pushing aside ghosts of the past, he continued to walk, stretching his senses out around him.

    As he followed the trail, he could sense different areas within the force. He went down, and there was a steep drop downwards. There. Off to his left, within a small cave, he could sense it. This is where someone had died. But besides the trauma of death, there lay another sensation. One of fear so strong, it was almost blinding. He could smell bile, and other fluids. The Force seemed quite strong around this area. Even though he was blind, the place seemed to all but glow to his senses. It echoed what had happened in the area, almost like a beacon.

    But he could also sense something else that the others somehow had not noticed, though he could not phantom how. There was something else nearby. Tracks. Like some type of skiff of sled. They moved down, away towards the bluff. But there was that feeling of wrongness again. A strange smell reached his nose. A trail, like some sort of liquid also seemed to follow the tracks.

    As Kaicus stood silent, he could now also feel a small cool breeze blowing from the tunnel. And the sound of smell of water.




    Tag: CmdrMitth
    ...


    Taral, Ariat, Zen-Shica, Krasus, Ssarmn, Naxximu Cosmo, Selna Narish, - Secret Storehouse, Bandomeer


    Ariat felt relief once the First had shown up, and taken away one of their group. The female who had tried to get a response from him earlier. A small bit of relief washed over Ariat. He did not know what that creature was, but he did know that it would have ended one way or another, if she had tried that trick again.

    Zen spared a glance towards the young Sith, Ariat. His expression told her everything she needed to know. "I suggest we get going before our group gets any smaller and we fail even before we have begun." she stated. Naxximu, from his position on the ship's ramp, chuckled, then responded to Zen's comment. "Agreed. I'll be on the ship starting this mug up." He walked to the droid and read his hands to get the droid's at
  19. Darth_Sadis Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 31, 2005
    star 1
    IC: Norrun Rjo
    The Creeper's Den, Pydyr


    Two weeks was a long time to be left in the dark.

    His Master was gone, leaving only orders for his apprentice to remain at this location, and the datapad that now hung motionless in the air in front of him. Norrun was sat cross legged in his quarters on the cold metal floor. His eyes blazed like fire in the darkness as he regarded the coordinates his liberator had left behind. Returning to the ship and finding it sealed he had decided to remain here for a further three days in case his Master reappeared.
    Needless to say he had not.
    The young Sith looked down at his left arm, and the scars that ran its length, as he considered his Master's mission, before raising it to his head and running his hand through his hair. So much secrecy and shadow surrounded this mission. Usually his Master was pleased with his eagerness to assist on missions, but this time he had replied with scorn and contempt.
    What do I do?
    Choice; a concept the young Sith was, to say the least, unfamiliar with. On his homeworld he was, despite his ability to wield the Force, male and therefore inferior to the Witches of Dathomir. Now, however, he seemed to be forced to make one. The idea made him...uncomfortable. Each option he could see yielded its own benefits and consequences.

    He reached out with his abilities, attempting to find a trace of his Master's presence in the Force. There was nothing beyond the bustle of the nearby cantina and the thoughts of the many that congregated there. He regretted now focussing more on those abilities that came naturally to Dathomiri; those that emphasised attack or were an asset in combat. He had let his more passive skills slip.

    The Master who could, potentially, at this point lay dead somewhere on the Almanian moon, was the man who had liberated him from Dathomir and taught him such things. For the first time Norrun considered his feelings, and was disgusted to realise he had become fond of the hooded man. It was an attachment that had no place in the heart of a Sith Lord, a weakness that already compromised his judgement. If he pursued, he could find his Master and together they would complete the mission they had been dispatched to complete. Alternatively his head could be struck from his neck the instant he spotted his Master's mangled corpse.

    If he contacted the First and reported his Master was missing he could perhaps rise in the Order. At the very worst, he would be punished (though severely).
    But his life would be intact. And where there is life, there is the potential for power to be gained.

    With a weary sigh he let the datapad drop to the floor as he stood and strode to the cockpit, batting dust from the blue and red reptile hide that hid his torso and groin. Usually when dealing with the Council he wore more formal Sith attire, but he lacked the energy to change at present and doubtless they would be more engrossed in the news he could report.
    His awareness reached out to the flight controller and with a force of will the Pydyrian was now transmitting a flight plan to the ship and granting departure clearance. He would not remember when the ship that he could not remember allowing to land leave. Which was as it should be. The Sith thrive in ambiguities.
    He ran through the preflight checks and took the ship upwards and into the upper orbit of Pydyr. He keyed in the coordinates for Bandomeer and activated the hyperdrive before tapping in the Council's comms coordinates.
    As the miniature forms hissed from static and into existence the dark cockpit was lit by a soft blue light that revealed the sharp face of the young Sith Lord.

    "Forgive the disturbance Masters, but I believe my Master is dead. I am returning to you to deliver a full report and request further orders."

    TAG: Ktala
  20. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2007
    star 5
    Naxximu CosMo
    -Warehouse

    Naxximu clapped his hand together and did a little shake as he sprinted through the ship to the cockpit and watched the systems come to life. He had of course been on ships before, but this would be his first interactive spaceflight, somewhat. It was then that he suddenly had a question.

    "Hey...ship are you also an A.I or what?" If it was, then it really could be trusted to fly itself, if it wasn't, then Naxximu was talking to himself, but luckily there was no one around to see him. Naxximu sat down in a seat and felt the hum of the ship and it brought itself to life under him. The journey only now came into his mind as it was on the virge of actually beginning. He was a bit nervous, but was more excited. There was danger and adventure on Dromund Kaas, but mostly danger from how everyone was acting. He cared little for his safety. It was the thrill he was in for.

    Tag: Ktala, Ones
  21. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    Seth Marcle
    Naboo, Lower Levels


    A bit anti-climatic, Seth thought to himself as he stared at the stunned, furry form of the ball of fluff. And that was the reason why he was still on his guard.

    "Careful," the man warned as the elder guardsmen moved to examine the creature. "There may be more going on here."

    While his one blaster pistol was kept pointed at the downed creature, the other was pointed up as were his eyes as he searched the area slowly. This bugged him of course, the fact that a seemingly harmless creature was all that they got out of the presence of the darkness all around them. He had a feeling that the creature was not what they should be worrying about and could only be a distraction from the real threat that had yet to show itself.

    So he kept his guns up, his eyes up, and his senses stretched outward as he tried to search for any other signs of threats. Of a presence or malicious intent that was being focused upon them.

    "How's your end Leachim?" Seth questioned, remembering the young man that the Jedi had been trying to retrain. He wondered if he should stun that guy too.

    TAG: Ktala, Remi
  22. -Remi- Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 8, 2007
    star 4
    OOC: Sorry for the delay
    IC: Michael
    Location: Random market in naboo

    "Just fine, for now....That ball of fur is decidedly not the source of the darkness. I think it is a decoy as well. Can't find the source of the darkness. I think it best we stay with the crazed man."


    Leahcim ran past the animal, opening his senses to their fullest extent. Impressive, it likes to hide itself. He kept up right behind the man, moving backwards.


    "Alright, seth, you take upper left position of this man to follow him."


    Nothing would get past his force senses, as they were his strongest ability. The sith themselves, if given enough mental discipline can do so. That gave him a clue as to what they were dealing with. He had his yellow tinged lightsaber out and ready.

    TAG:
    Seth, Ktala
  23. -Remi- Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 8, 2007
    star 4
    OOC: Sorry, I'm kind of tired guys and made this extra post on accident. XD Ignore it.
  24. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    Seth Marcle
    Naboo, Lower Levels


    It seemed that Leachim had the same thoughts that Seth did; that the creature was not the source but perhaps a byproduct of the darkness. Was perhaps tainted by it. A fluke or was there an actual intelligence behind this darkness then? Perhaps an actual person rather then some monstrous, unthinking construct of the dark side.

    Well only one way to find out. Fortunately they just happened to have the right kind of bait.

    I would make a very bad Jedi, Seth thought humorously. Turning to look at the elder guardsmen, Seth motioned toward the stunned creature. "Sedate it. Examine it. Do what you can to find any answers." It wasn't exactly the best kind of lead but it was a lead nonetheless in case this latest attempt of theirs didn't work.

    Speaking of which. Leaving the guards to their work, Seth took off after Leachim. At the Jedi's order, Seth leaped up to a higher position in order to tail their suspect. The darkness had seemed to be chasing him, hopefully it hadn't decided to slack in it's chase despite this moment of intervention.

    It could've even gotten worse, Seth thought to himself as he tried to suppress his Force presence while is senses remained alight. It could be that it might be focused on us now too.

    TAG: Remi, Ktala
  25. Shadowmancer Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 16, 2003
    star 2
    IC: Zen-Shiva
    Location:Secret storehouse, boarding Sith Ship

    Zen was in the middle of familiarizing herself with the ship's controls, which she found to be quite fascinating. She found the set-up very efficient, and was quite taken by the security protocols. Thankfully, she was a sith and knew what to input, though she had to admit to being a little bit curious to find out what would happen if the wrong code was entered. That brought a series of amusing thoughts and possible 'contingencies' to mind.

    It didn't take long for another member of the team to enter the ship's cockpit. Zen turned her head slightly to one side and nodded. A simple gesture of acknowledgement was always better than none at all. That being done, she continued with the task at hand.

    "Assistant?" she said aloud, suspecting that the hologram was still linked to them. "Feed coordinates to Dromund Kaas to the nav-computer."

    She watched the navigational HUD carefully for conformation, and even as she did so, she felt a low rumble go through the ship and instantly recognized it for what it was. The ship's engines were powering up. The directive must have been given by one of the other sith.

    "I can feel your anxiety." Zen spoke without turning. Her words were for the only other person in the room. "I've heard there are force-sensitive creatures that can hunt by tracking such emotions from many meters away. Quiet interesting, but that's neither here nor there?." she said, trailing off for a moment.

    "How confident are you on the success of our mission?" she asked after a pause. Her tone was plain and if nothing else, inquisitive. Zen fell silent now, simply waiting for the other sith to respond, or the coordinates to be downloaded to the nav-computer.

    Naxximu, any sith, Ktala

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.