main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Father and Son (songfic one shot, plz R/R)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pixy_girl53, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pixy_girl53

pixy_girl53 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    I don't know why I am writing this, but as I was singing this song to myself, I felt compelled to write, and this came to mind. I think it's actually pretty bad, but I'm too tired to stop myself from putting up. Maybe I'm making a fool of myself by writing this, but oh well. :D

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It's not time to make a change
    Just relax, take it easy
    You're still young, that's your fault
    There's so much you have to know
    Find a girl, settle down
    If you want you can marry
    Look at me, I am old
    But I'm happy

He sat beside the young man. Wrinkled face. Calased hands. Tired eyes full of wisdom and memory. He put a rough hand on the young man's shoulder in a sign of caring and understanding, but the body beneath his grasp went rigid. The young man pulled away, picking up a full duffle bag.

The elder man rubbed the bridge of his nose with thin fingers, wishing he knew how to get through to the young man. "You're tired and upset. Why don't you just allow yourself sometime to think. Things are always clearer after a good nights sleep and a good morning's meditation."

I was once like you are now
    And I know that its not easy
    But take your time, think a lot
    Why, think of everything you've got
    For you will still be here tomorrow
    But your dreams may not

The young man bit back a reply, staring out the window with a distant look in his eyes.

How can I try to explain
    When I do, he turns away again
    It's always been the same, same old story
    From the moment I could talk
    I was ordered to listen
    Now there's a way and I know
    I have to go away
    I know I have to go

"This isn't what she would have wanted. I know you're having a hard time dealing with her death, son, but you have to know, she wouldn't want you to feel this way. The Force isn't a curse, its a gift." The elder man's words fell on deaf ears. How could he know what she wanted?

"I don't believe in the Force anymore. I don't care what you say. The Force is the reason why she's not here now."

"Would you rather she died in pain and anguish? Drawn out and sickly until she was overtaken by illness and depression? She left us as a happy woman."

"Why wasn't it you instead of her?"

"The Force works in mysterious ways, Ben." Luke stood an infirm legs, nearly losing balance but using the Force to steady himself. Again he tried to place a hand on his son's shoulder, but was rejected once more.

"You never have any other explination, do you? Why can't you just let me leave? There is no reason for me to stay here anymore. I'm sophicating here. Everywhere I go, I see her, and I just-"

"We're not discussing this anymore, Ben. I want you to stay because it's what's best for you. You need the support of family and friends. Isolating yourself won't help you. Neither will regecting the Force."

"How can you be so calm and content? The woman you claimed was the love of your life is dead! And will you just shut up about the damn Force! I don't care anymore. I'm not going to take lessons anymore, I'm not going to use it at all."

"Ben, I know there is more here for you. More still to come. It isn't time for you to leave us."

It's not time to make a change
    Just relax, take it slowly
    You're still young, that's your fault
    There's so much you have to go through
    Find a girl, settle down
    If you want you can marry
    Look at me, I am old
    But I'm happy

(Away, away, away, I know I have to
    Make this decision alone)

"I have to go, Dad," he said, a tear threatening to fall from his eye. He blinked it back, refusing to show a weakness. He wouldn't back down on this.

All the times that I have cried
    Keeping everything I knew inside
    It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it
    If they were right, I'd agree
    But it's them you know, not me
    Now there's a way and I know
    That I have to go away

"I won't let you go. Please, let me help you. Don't go."

(Stay, stay, stay, why must you go and

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.