main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Father and son

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Braxus, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    I think it's safe to say the ST will continue the father/son theme.

I for one would very much like to see Chewie's son Lumpy as a major ST character. He could be this cool maverick character who's into these bad things, while Chewie's trying to get him on the right track.

2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    It wasn't as nearly prevalent but there was a Father and Daughter theme in the OT too need I remind you... and please no Lumpy, he'd be a minor character at best, so don't waste screen time on him.

Personally I believe Star Wars needs more women, if I have a daughter or neice one day I'd want her to have characters she can better connect to. That way she'll be far more likely to want to watch Star Wars than if it sticks with just a Father and Daughter theme. That said Id love a Father and Son theme too... and while we're at Mother and Son plus a Mother and Daugher themes too, the more these themes are in Star Wars the wider its appeal which can only benefit Star Wars and the best part is these themes are so easy to fit into movies they don't waste much screne time either.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Parent/child?

StoneRiver, Ryus, Darth_Pevra and 3 others like this.
  4. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I think it's pretty safe to say that between either Luke and Han or both and their son(s) we will likely have a father/son theme. I think a father/daughter and mother/son and mother/daughter themes are likely as well. Between Luke and Han/Leia, I think and hope there will be children of both genders. The OT didn't really have any relationships involving a mother, though in the PT we saw some.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think it's more of a Parent/Child theme... or just a theme of generations in general, like with Yoda---Dooku---Qui-gon---Obi-wan---Anakin

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I've shared in some terrific (and lengthy) discussions on the Father/Son theme, as pertains to the ST, before, so I'll try and keep it brief.

Family is at the heart of the saga, and mothers and daughters have just as much place in it as fathers and sons do.

That said, personally speaking, father/son is a theme which has been central to my enjoyment of the saga, so far, and if there's any one thing I'm really, really hoping to get from the new films, it's the opportunity to witness that theme ultimately culminating in the blossoming of a (heretofore unexplored) healthy dynamic between a Skywalker father and son, realized through Luke and a son of his own (whether adopted, or biological).

I've often wondered over the years how Luke would raise a son of his own (not just a child, but a son, because a son and a daughter can be two different things), given his experience with his father, and when word of the ST first hit, once my thoughts turned from the excitement over possibly seeing more of Mark as Luke, to the thought of new original characters, this quickly became my "one thing I'd be certain to include," were I in charge of the ST.

Darth Raiden and Circular Logic like this.
  7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I just want to know whose sock you are.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    He does come up with some real "wha???" kind of things (Ultimate Warrior), but I was trying to give him the befit of the doubt. :)

The Hellhammer likes this.
  9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Maybe Chewie is discouraging his rebellious son from an interspecies relationship with a human girl, or worse, a hut girl.....

Dra--- likes this.
  10. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Oh Steve Sanders, you're such a funny son of a gun!

BTW I always thought you should have gotten together with hot geek Andrea Zuckerman!

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I don't want to be rude or sound like a smart alec here; but Lumpy? Does anyone really want to see meaningful drama between two characters we can't even understand? I suppose you could have Han there translating "Lumpy just said that Chewie was never around when he needed him. Now Chewie is saying 'Well excuuuuse me for helping to save the galaxy. Sorry I couldn't be there to play catch with you and bring down the Empire.'.".

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I think we are at the conclusion of another Braxus parody thread. If anyone desperately wants this topic reopened, feel free to let me know.

Ryus and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.