main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Father & Son (collection of Luke and Ben Skywalker Vignettes!) Kick a Ginger - August 8th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Dec 3, 2015.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: He Held You
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: NJO and Beyond
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Ben Skywalker
    Categorization: Legends
    Notes: I hate father’s day, but it gives the muse some good fuel! POETRY AHEAD! Sorry it’s rather short. Hints at my OC, Lukia (for those that know her).

He held you.

When the galaxy was at war,
    When worlds burned,
    When your mother regained her life,
    Swaddled in yellow blankets and his large hands,

He held you.

He held you

When peace treaties were signed,
    When you toddled up to him,
    When tears of the lost stung,
    The greatest Jedi could breathe again,

He held you.

He held you.

When you were a reckless 7,
    When you crashed your speeder-bike,
    When you cried about the cuts and scrapes,
    You reminded him of his own childhood,

He held you.

He held you.

When you were posted at your mother’s body,
    When your innocence was shattered.
    When he needed you more than you needed him.
    Everything changed that day,

He held you.

He held you.

When you prepared for your wedding day,
    When you could have sweated through your robes,
    When he walked you down the aisle,
    To happiness… and his new daughter-in-law,

He held you.

He held you.

When you didn’t know how to change a diaper,
    When you couldn’t wrangle three sons,
    When your wife died,
    And when you finally placed your granddaughter in his arms,

He held you.

You held him.

When all the machines were turned off,
    When he could barely speak,
    When his eyes fluttered closed,
    And your father and greatest hero passed on,

You held him.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW this is beautiful
    Love the scenes in the life of Luke and Ben.
    And that last one when Luke held Anakin

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

YOU. BREAK. MY. HEART!!!!!!!!!

(But I love it!)

Ugh. This was so beautiful. You know, I never thought of this, from a position of...Ben is Luke's LAST reminder of Mara. She died to keep him safe, and man...that must be so hard for Luke. To let Ben go as his son, but also of his wife's legacy, you know? Just beautiful. I love the little moment of silence where Luke just gets to be dad. You're awesome!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Actually, that was in reference to my DDC where Ben held Luke as he died, but poetry can be whatever you read into it :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Exquisite! This is just the type of poetry I adore!! =D= Touching and ultra-real! @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    It does not matter what you do with Luke - show him twice as a father, let him have a laugh about TFA or compose a wonderful poem - you always write him brilliantly. Thank you! [face_love]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Kick A Ginger
    Timeframe: Between DNT and LOTF; and Post-FOTJ
    Categorization: Legends Canon
    Notes: I seriously mean NO OFFENCE with this fic. I hold no ill-will towards people with red-hair (except maybe my mother).

Luke Skywalker looked up in alarm when Master Kam Solusar guided Luke’s son into the Grand Master’s office. Twelve-year-old Ben Skywalker dragged his feet and held a cold-pack to his face. Only one eye was visible.

“Stars! What happened?” Luke asked in concern as he got up from his desk, littered with stacks of flimsy and data-pads.

Ben flopped down on one of the light brown couches while Kam spoke in a kind voice. “Kids being cruel. I sent them all to my office. I’ll punish them. Cilghal gave him a quick look over and said he’ll be fine, just some bruising and he needs to apply some more bacta tonight.”

“Thank you.” Luke approached the couch while Kam left through the automatic doors. Luke gently sat and placed his hand on his son’s skinny arm. “Can I see?”

Ben turned away. “Master Solusar said to keep the cold-pack on.”

“How bad is it?”

“I don’t want you getting mad, and I sure as krell don’t want you comm-ing Mom and getting her involved. That would just make this so much worse.”

Mara was currently on a mission to the outer-rim with her niece, Jaina, and wasn’t scheduled to be back for weeks.

“I trust Kam when he says he will take care of things, but I do want to know what happened and how much bacta I’m going to have to wash out of your sheets.”

With a heavy sigh that reminded Luke of his own youth, long past, Ben looked towards his father and lowered the cold-pack. His lip was cut and his eye was swollen to the point of barely being able to open. The wounds shone with a liberal slather of bacta. “It looks a lot worse than it is.”

“What happened?”

“It’s Galactic Kick a Ginger Day,” Ben snorted like it was the most obvious answer.

“What?”

“It’s Palpatine’s birthday. Some holonet personality decided people should commemorate today by kicking every human with red hair and freckles.”

Luke groaned. “Because all gingers are soulless because he had red hair. How completely stupid. And someone decided to celebrate that here? With you?” he asked as he gently touched Ben’s face, using the Force to numb any pain.

“Yeah. They knocked me down and got a couple kicks in before Master Solusar got them off of me. I didn’t fight back, figured it would only make it worse.”

“Good. I’m proud of you Ben.”

“So you aren’t going to tell Mom?”

Luke thought. He honestly hoped this event had not made its way out to the outer rim. Mara would tear the fabric of the galaxy apart if she knew someone had hurt her son, and he pitied anyone who tried to kick Mara Jade Skywalker. “Yeah, we won’t tell Mom.” He moved Ben’s hand so he re-applied the cold-pack. “Do you want to go get some dinner out and hot-chocolate?”

Ben tried to hide his delighted smile. He played it cool. “Yeah, sure.”

Five Years Later.

“I hate today!” Ben exclaimed as he flopped onto the Grand Master’s couch. The kid was now almost a man at 17 and a Jedi Knight, wearing the brown robes to show it.

Luke looked up from his cluttered desk. “Huh? What day is it?”

“Papatine’s birthday: Galactic Kick a Ginger Day.”

Luke took a closer look at his son. “Well, you don’t look too bad this year.”

“Har-har-har,” Ben mocked laughed. “It wouldn’t be so bad if it was just the kicking. It’s the jokes that are getting so very old. How can I be soulless if every freckle I earn is a soul? How is this day still a thing?”

“Palpantine. Lumiya. Daala. Definitely Daala. That Hux guy from those Star Battles Holos. Your mom.”

“What are you going on about?”

“Naming all the soulless gingers. You asked how is “Kick a Ginger Day” still a thing. Maybe it wouldn’t be if you people stopped stealing people’s souls to make up for the fact that you don’t have one.”

Ben rolled his eyes. “Not you too.”

“Well, I did try to make Kick a Ginger Day, Kiss a Ginger Day, but you were totally against that.”

“I think I rather be endlessly kicked than kissed,” he sighed as he got up.

“So you don’t want dinner out and hot-chocolate later?”

“No, of course I want my Kick a Ginger condolence night.”

“Aren’t you getting a bit old for this tradition?”

“And the galaxy is getting a bit old to be kicking me of all people on Palpy’s birthday. I expect my condolence night. Don’t kick me while I’m down.” Ben stalked towards the door.

Right before Ben left, Luke called, “Well, it is Galactic Kick a Ginger Day!”

Findswoman likes this.
  8. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Haha!It seems that"South park" left an indelible mark not only on our world but on the galaxy far far away as well. Cartman was right,you know.

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, this is so cute! [face_laugh] Poor Ben, bearing the brunt of all those soulless gingers who did bad stuff in the Galaxy—though his mom didn't remain in that category forever, of course. It's immensely sweet that Luke and Ben have countered this rather heartless Galactic tradition with their very own "Kick a Ginger Condolence Night," which of course just shows what a sweetie Luke really is.

Love this very clever and meta little touch: "That Hux guy from those Star Battles Holos." NuCanon as a Legend within Legends—absolutely perfect! :D

Fun stuff—keep it coming! :)

10. enzo90

enzo90 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2016
    Haha! This is sweet. So I know this diverges from the Legends canon and regular canon, but can you do one where the characters from TFA and Legends exist together? So there's Rey, Jaina Solo, Ben Solo, Jacen Solo and then Ben Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, and Mara Jade Skywalker (and any others from the story if you want.) it's just he cool to see a "family reunion" with all these characters where they all exist together. :)

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Love all of these! And "Holo Critics": So meta![face_laugh]