main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fav Moment/Little Detail in ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by thejeditraitor, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bail_Organa_

Bail_Organa_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    The look on Anakin's face as he is staring down Obi-Wan near the end of their epic duel with neither saying a word, just staring at eachother. Then he says, "This is the end for you my master." That entire duel was unbelievable and HC and EM did a spectacular job! I just hope we can get an extended version of the duel on an extended version of the DVD. :D

2. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2005
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I just loved that moment on the Invisible Hand when, after Grievous leans in close to Anakin's face to tell him "I was expecting someone with your reputation to be a little...older!" Anakin's got this wonderfully sour grimace on his face, as if he were thinking, "You ever hear of breath mints, General?!"

Did anyone else notice this, or was it just me?

3. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    This has probably been mentioned, but I just caught it myself...
    In the last shot we see of infant Leia, in her adoptive mother's arms, she has a white cloth covering her head... a parallel to the first time we see her in ANH, on the Tantive IV.
    I like it a lot.

4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    The detail was amazing and I think the power of the Duel had me gripped and so involved! And that stare out from Anakin and Obi-Wan..how tense was that!! [face_hypnotized]

But a few smiles, mostly a couple of times:

1) Grievous laughing in the escape pod and then coughing up something hard..that shut him up! "Ha ha ha ha ha ccarroouggh!"

2) Please..I don't know why as it wasn't funny in a bad way, funny in a good way...

"Nooo. No, no, nooo YOU WILL DIE!!"

The No's...hehehe!! [face_laugh]

=D=

5. Ney0

Ney0 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    i actually loved the end scene. When anakin is choking padme and Obi-wan says "Let her go Anakin...LET HER GO" and he comes down the ship thats heroic. Also when anakin takes off his Robe and the lava sound goes off.Loved it when Grievous says "And Anakin Skywalker, I was expecting someone of your reputation to be a little...OLDER" and Anakin Replies "General Grievous, you're shorter then i expected"
    And finally i love it when yoda "kills" those two royal guards i just laughed.

6. Darth001

Darth001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    I thought the 2 scenes between Padme/Anakin and Obi-Wan/Anakin leading up to the duel were perfect. People always go on about GL's poor dialogue but I thought the dialogue in those 2 scenes were perfect.

7. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    I loved the irony of Anakin's suggestion of patience while he, Obi-Wan and the Chancellor were caught in the ray shields. And of course Obi-Wan's disbelief that Anakin would have suggested patience as a solution for anything.

8. Chosen_One314

Chosen_One314 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Smile:

-The Artoo moments in the beginning of the movie were just gold.
    -Also this one: "What was that all about?"
    "Well Artoo has been--"
    "No loose wire jokes."
    "Did I say anything?"
    "Well, he's trying."
    "I didn't say anything!"

LOVE THAT!!! I think it was the little things that made me smile. Yoda on Chewys shoulders... stuff like that.

Chills:

ok wow there were ALOT of things that gave me chills.. ALOT of things.

-The entire battle over Coruscant was just breathtaking.. I know that its not like a foreshadowing point of anything.. but just the sight of something so fierce going on over Courscant is just enough to leave u awestruk.
    -The duels.... ALL OF THEM. But of course there were moments in all of them. Dooku's death, JUST THE SIGHT OF PALPATINE DRAWING A LIGHTSABER!!!, Yodas defeat, and of course the whole "battle of hero's".

-"I HATE YOU!!!" thats all im sayikn... O....M....G..... I dont care what you all say... that line... just makes u wanna sob.. and I mean sob like cry loud and hard...
    -and of course vader breathing.

9. JoeWilka

JoeWilka Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    My favorite little thing had to be Artoo's little periscope thing when he's buried underneath all the droids.

10. DARTHMATTY

DARTHMATTY Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2004
    I love when Sidious says, "Master Yoda, you survived". The way he says it is like, "damn lil green dude!" He is totally disgusted that Yoda would dare to live. Of coarse Yodas reaction is classic.

11. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I love when the tip of Yoda's saber touches the the tip of Sidious' saber near the beginning of the duel. Shows the difference of size in the two characters..and wer've never really seen a lock like that. Looks very cool.

12. mtmc60

mtmc60 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    My favorite part of the movie is when Obi and Anakin first fly into the hanger of the Invisable Hand. Obi Won's ejection from his starfighter as it is sliding across the floor was really cool. Enough of the flying for him, he is ready to cut some droids in half. I loved the whole movie, but that little detail was definately my favorite.

13. Jawanna_Party

Jawanna_Party Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    DARKEST MOMENT: The slaughter of the younglings - without question. There's no turning back after that. Almost makes me view Anakin's redemption in ROTJ as undeserved.

MOST MOVING: Obi Wan's simple line during the final duel - "I have failed you, Anakin...I have failed you." Ewan McGregor nailed it perfecly. That single line served to represent everything I spent 25 years hoping I would get (betrayal, intensity, action, emotion) from the Obi Wan v. Vader volcano duel, and get it I did.

MOST DEFLATING: Sidious' smack down on Yoda. After 25 years of thinking of Yoda as infallibe - and then seeing him being forced to tuck tail and run? "Into exile I must go." Nothing sacred holds.

It gave me the same icky feeling I got when I was ten and saw my grandfather's boss chew him out.

14. jangomatt

jangomatt Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    Every Moment in ROTS was amazing.

15. Ney0

Ney0 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    I agree makes u wana cry a river. Look at this picture, does it not look like Anankin is guna cry (apart from the yellow sith eyes)

Tell me that wasn't a bootlegged image. Oh wait, you can't.
    image courtesy of i dont know what..

16. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    I love Obi-Wan's pose before he fights Grevious. The lightsaber drawn back while throwing out a peace sign with his free hand. Awesome.

17. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004
    When Obi Wan screams at Anakin "well then you are lost" during the duel.

18. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    YES..the "Well then you are lost!" line kicks in the teeth really well and then BOTH comes back full force!

Ohhh and the moment Anakin and Obi-Wan grasp arms when they swing at eachother, the lava shoots up behind them and the BOTH music blares out...best moment of The Duel! :D

19. Anakin_Skywalker217

Anakin_Skywalker217 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2003
    I like the little droid that Anakin rides on during the duel :p

20. Grievous21

Grievous21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    Yoda knocking out the guards was funny. I got chills at the end when Obi-Wan gave Luke to Beru and Owen(I love that music) and at the beginning of the space battle, knowing it was one of the last times Anakin and Obi-Wan would fight side by side.

21. LukeJim

LukeJim Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    Obi and the big giant thing falling into the water, the music starts playing for the slaughter then, it appears if obi is in DEEp trouble then if not dead from the blast. Even tho i know all that happens, thinking of the ppl who watch the films in order, theyll think the main hero of the PT is dead and then seeing the rest of the clones wiping out the good guys, they wont know whats happening especially the younglings part as people would think maybe anakin would change his mind as he sees clones wiping out the jedi but once you see him light up the saber theyll know theres no turning back, it should blow their mind,

Its a pity we saw yoda fight in aotc, when the clones approach him everyone would be looking away not wanting to see the wide but feeble looking master being blasted then suddenly he ignites and beheads them, then the following saber skills he shows with obi taking out the droids and clones at the temple, people would be expecting him to take out anakin and or sids.

anyway the bit with obi falling with the music/no sound fx is the best part for me, tied with the sound and look on anakins face when he says "I dont wanna hear anymore about obi wan" the way he says it, the body language at that part is perfect and far beyond his or anyone elses performances in the rest of the film, it was "old school" if you know what i mean, like a scene from a proper film back in the day

22. DARK_HELMET_05

DARK_HELMET_05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Good moments: Obi-wan's and Anakin's dialogue throughout the duel
    Chewie carrying yoda on his back
    Mace vs. Sidious scene
    Millenium Falcon
    Different styles of the clone trooper's armor
    Anakin defending artoo in the lift with Obi-wan, and when artoo gets kicked over after shocking the SBD
    Opening space battle, and the various scenes at the end of the movie.
    John Williams musical score

23. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    its a little late, but DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL that was too priceless!

for me, its gotta be the sparks flying off the OT-style hallway when vader and obi-wan square off. i wanted to see more of that, anakin just tearing the place up. i imagine that obi-wan would hav been pretty surprised. gotta agree with Bail_Organa, i hope that will be extended, but you gotta leave em wanting more i guess.

24. Dusty

Dusty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    My favorite moment is in the final duel. I think the shot of Anakin's and Obi Wan's sabers clashing on Mustafar as a spray of lava shoots up is incredible.

25. SenatorPrincessLeia

SenatorPrincessLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2005
    Obi Wan's face just after he told Padme what Anakin's done to the Younglings and he turns away with his hand on his mouth and Padme is looking horrified behind him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.