main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fav Moment/Little Detail in ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by thejeditraitor, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    The most surreal "Star Wars" scene for me (I would use Han Solo firing his blaster at Vader in ESB as an example, so you have a frame of reference) was when little padawan Jett came out and started killing clones.

2. show_me_the_money

show_me_the_money Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2005
    Probably the most surreal/coolest moment for me was when palpatine said, "I am the senate!"

3. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    ^Yeah good stuff.
    I like how Palpatine emphasizes SECURE society and does that little grabbing motion at the same time. Then raises his hands to accept the applause.

4. Anagorn

Anagorn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2003
    I saw ROTJ again the other day and noticed that
    this is the exact same way we see Palpatine
    during his first appearance
    in that actual movie.
    So the way we see him for the last time
    in ROTS mirrors the way we see him
    the first time in ROTJ.
    I just love little details and
    connections like that.

5. IM_YODA

IM_YODA Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005

Any action scene was GREAT especially all the lightsaber duals those where Amazing! My favortive saber duals were
    1. Obi-Wan vs. Anakin/Darth Vader
    2. Yoda vs. Emporer Palpatine
    They also did a great job w/ all the new planets
    But I loved at the end the scenes with Vader in the suit and them on the Star Destroyer bridge.
    the Mace Windu vs. Palpatine dual was awesome but sad
    The whole movie was fantastic my fav. movie ever

6. TopSpeeD

TopSpeeD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    ROFL!
    i just saw this..i dunno if this was discussed but when grievous ignites his 4 lightsabers against Obi-Wan u can see 2 battle droids standing and one of them hits the other and like tells him to watch grievous..rofl this is so funny!
    its aroung 58:20...everyone watch this!

7. Jedi_Emilie

Jedi_Emilie Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2004
    My favourite moment in ROTS is when Luke is handed over to Beru and she walks over to Owen and the stand there looking at the binary sunset.
    Other good moments:
    -Order 66 (chills)
    -dialouge during the Anakin/Obi Wan fight
    -the You're-breaking-my-heart scene
    -when Anakin and Padme are looking out the windows and it's that GREAT music

8. tomo123

tomo123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2005
    My fave moments are:

Battle Of Kasshyk, brilliant.
    Order 66
    "I hate you"
    When Vader is on the operating table and he gets hurt and hits the droid.[face_laugh]

9. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2005
    You truly are a sadist, tomo123!;)

10. Darth_Pazuzu

Aug 3, 2005
    And the more he tightens that grip, the more the GFFA will slip through his fingers!;)

11. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    When Oddball and his co-pilot in the beginning said "Set S-foils in attack position." instead of "Lock"
    Reminds me of the OT.

12. Darth_Pazuzu

Aug 3, 2005
    Uhh, I really don't mean to completely monopolize this particular thread, but DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?[face_plain]

13. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    I noticed. But how would Grievous take that breath mint? he doesn't have a mouth but a vocabulator. I always thought that that moment looked like Grievous was in love with Anakin. And i was laughing in my mind that Anakin turned him down. When he said "Older." and the back shot of Anakin it looked like Grievous was smelling his neck or checkin him out or something like that. Pretty funny.

14. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    I don't know if it's my favorite, but this is the one that sticks with me. Right after Anakin takes Mace's arm off, Palps give this little look of pure exhileration right before he starts that "POWWWWWERRRRR!!!" line and zaps Mace

15. AndywanCanoli

AndywanCanoli Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    among the many awesome scenes in this movie...one of my favorite moments in the movie is during Anakin/Padme argument on Mustafar...Anakin's going on about his power then all the sudden looks up at Padme's ship and sees Obi wan standing atop the ramp in his robe with arms up to his hips in classic Captain Morgan pose. Obi wan looked like he had a commanding "dont **** with me" pose. I loved it.

16. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Favorite Moments include: (In no particular order.)

The Chosen One Speech
    Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    The Ending scenes
    The Opera scene
    Yoda vs. Sidious
    Padme's Ruminations
    Obi-Wan saying, "Hello there!" before dueling.

Favorite little details include:

1) The close up of baby Leia on Alderaan with her eyes open and then we go to the Lars?s homestead and it shows a close up of baby Luke with his eyes closed.

2) The Millennium Falcon.

3) Now I believe two wookies do a "Tarzan yell" in this movie, just like Chewie did in ROTJ. That made me smile.

4) Yoda wiping his brow while he, Obi-Wan, and Mace talk about Anakin being the Chosen One. This was pretty realistic for a CG character. The same goes for Yoda clutching his heart in despair/pain when Order 66 is carried out.

5) The close up of the jappor snippet during Padme's funeral.

6) The look of horror on Anakin's face when the Vader mask is being lowered on to him

And finally the red Vader vision. It makes Vader/Anakin line to Luke, "Let me look on you with my own eyes" before his death more meaningful.

17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  18. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Yea, the vader-vison was pretty slick.

Well, at least we know where the suit came from......Cyberdyne!!!

19. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    PADME: Anakin, this baby will change our lives.

ANAKIN: . . . Our baby is a blessing.

They are both so right.[face_praying]

20. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    I really got a big smile on my face when Yoda almost broke those two royal gards in half. I know it's one of the most depressing scenes in the movie, but it looked real funny!

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm watching ROTS right now. I noticed that when Grievous snatches the lightsabers of Obi and Anakin away from the droid on the bridge of GG's flagship, the droid says, "You're welcome."

22. VegaoftheLyre

VegaoftheLyre Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2005
    favorite moments.. um the whole movie. I pretty much weep during the entire thing:D

A scene I really find fascinating is when Sidious reveals himself to Anakin in his apartment hallway.
    Palpy tells Anakin "Ever since I have known you, you have been searching for a life beyond that of an ordinary jedi-- a life of significance, a life of conscience..." This hit a chord because it completely sums up the core of Anakin's desires and unspoken dreams. It is the motivating force behind all of Anakin's actions. His passionate pursuit of Padme, his arrogance, his desire to be the "most powerful jedi"-- all of this comes, I think, from his unconscious pursuit of some extraordinary destiny. No wonder Anakin is suddenly conflicted and confused... Palpy is speaking to the greatest desires in him. :eek:

I also love when they show Padme crying as she watches the smoke from the Jedi temple. I was shocked at first to see her crying like that -- so unreserved, so vulnerable and unguarded. Then I realized that this scene really embodies the Republic's crumbling-- and something inside of Padme has broken too.. she just can't be strong anymore.

23. AnnLouise

AnnLouise Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2005
    And it always got a laugh, which after some very intense, sad, scenes was a little jarring.

24. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    That scene reminds me a lot of the scene in ROTJ in which Vader leans on the railing of the catwalk outside of the shuttle landing platform. I think Lucas may have been trying to draw a parallel between the two scenes, but he hasn't mentioned that specifically, yet.

25. DARTHWEASEL17

DARTHWEASEL17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2004
    The smile Palpatine gives after he says "Once more the Sith will Rule the Galaxy, and there will be peace." I think he looks the most like his ROTJ self in that scene. It's featured in my Avatar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.