Ohio Fave hero???

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by JediObi, Aug 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediObi Jedi Knight

OK everyone, homework assignment! LOL Just kidding, don't look at me like that! ;) Who is your fave Star Wars hero and why?
  2. JediFrankenstein Jedi Knight

star 1
    Luke Skywalker.

To me, he is the one character in the Trilogy that changes the most. He is also quite a tragic character besides being a hero. He loses so much and is subjected to incredible amounts of horror and sadness. Luke is a fascinating character to me.

That, and he has the best costume changes too :-}

JF
  3. JediObi Jedi Knight

JF, I have to agree. :) Luke Skywalker was/ is my childhood hero. ;) I swear I was convinced at age 5 that I would be an X-Wing pilot when I grew up and by 8, that I would be a Jedi... still working on those... LOL.

Seriously, I think that Luke is the greatest hero as well... the dynamics involved with his character are so great, and in-depth as well. I can't wait to see how we get from Padawan Obi to Old Ben as well...

Now who's your fave villain?
  4. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Luke Skywalker is my favorite original trilogy character and Obi-Wan for the prequel trilogy. It seems like he'll go through a similar transformation that Luke went through in the original trilogy. Of course, he loses Anakin but it would seem will play a role in saving Luke and Leia. I'm very interested in seeing how the character is developed through the rest of the trilogy.
  5. JediObi Jedi Knight

Gee I think I love Obi too... not sure... *looks at user name and laughs*

OK, I'm a BIG Obi fan, you forced it out of me... I have 2 signed and framed Ewan (as Padawan Obi) pictures on my wall. :)

6. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Only have 1 autographed Ewan as Obi-Wan pic... But it's one of him jumping in the air with his lightsaber, which I think looks pretty sweet.
  7. JediFrankenstein Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just out of curiousity: did you both actually meet Ewan? If not, where did you get your autographed pics?

And for the record, my fave SW baddie is Bossk.

JF
  8. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Got mine off eBay and it came with a COA. Never acutally met anyone from Star Wars movies, though I hope that will change at Celebration II.
  9. princess-sari Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I think Luke would be my favorite hero, too, for all the reasons already stated.
    And I think pre-redemption Vader would be my favorite villain.
    :)
  10. JediFrankenstein Jedi Knight

star 1
    On Tuesday the 28th I met Paul Blake (Greedo) and Richard Le Parmentier (Admiral Motti). They were in town for a comic shop appearance and expressed a great desire to see the Magic of Myth exhibit. I was able to greet them and walk them through the galleries. These guys are warm, wonderful people and I thoroughly enjoyed their wit and anecdotes of filming ANH. If you EVER get a chance to meet them...DO IT.

JF
  11. JediObi Jedi Knight

Ha! If I had actually met Ewan face to face I would still be in a hospital from the shock. LOL

You know, not long ago I sent a piece of original pencil artwork (a bust of Vader) to James Earl Jones and he kindly signed and returned it to me. What a guy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.