Favorate Force Power

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, May 10, 2004.

?

Favorate Force Power

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
Levitation 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Force Jump 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Lightning 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Choke 3 vote(s) 17.6%
Push/Pull/Telekentic 6 vote(s) 35.3%
Mind Trick 4 vote(s) 23.5%
Absorb 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Speed 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Telephatic 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Heal 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
  2. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a tough choce for me. I chose levitation because it's just soo cool to float.

Next choces would have to be jump, telekentic, and choke (just because Vader did it so well).
  3. darthmaul3162 Jedi Master

star 1
    I chose Choke because That would be fun to choke people and drop em off ledges.
  4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Lightning, hands down. When I'm playing KOTOR or any other Star Wars game where it allows me to use it, I will definately abuse it. Of course, there's another sweet dark force power in KOTOR, called Force Insanity. Use it, and like everyone within 20 feet of you gets hit with this purple aura and they all just start holding their heads and go nuts. That's gotta be my second favorite. And last but not least, choke is my all-time third favorite. Nothin' like crushing someone's windpipe from 50 yards away.
  5. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I went with the Push/Pull/Telekentic as my first choice. Being able to throw things at your enemy, or even being able to pull rocks and fixtures off of a wall to crush an opponent is pretty sweet. The fight between Yoda and Dooku, as well as the CW scene between Anakin and Ventress was awesome! Next I'd have to go with Heal and then Choke third.
  6. DarthZome Jedi Master

star 4
    For me, there's only one choice. It's the telekinetic, so long as I can feel what I'm moving. I want to turn the activity of looking at hot chicks into something more interactive.
  7. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I would like to be able to use a jedi mind trick. And not for any of those juvenille reasons...anyone I'd be interested in wouldn't be "weak-minded" and using the Force for personal gain leads to the dark side.

"You will turn off that cell phone in the movie theater"
    I will turn off my cell phone in the movie theater

"You will go home and re-think your life"
    I will go home and re-think my life

Of course, I'm doing it for the Republic :D

Of course, the ability to force push/throw those nerf-herders driving around 480 at near lightspeed...has it's advantages as well ;)
  8. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
  9. LukeSkiwalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm assuming that telekenetik includes lifting and moving things, and that would be completly sweet to lift a car or a rock.
  10. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Force choke. If anyone ever got smart with you, all you'd have to do is tighten your grip a little, and let them know you mean business. They'll never mess with you again.
  11. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    They'll never mess with you again.
    Or they drop a proton torpedo down your thermal exhaust port...and go "Death Star" on you!

Corran Horn wasn't very good at telekenisis...but he was still a very formidible opponent! Or maby I'll just sick a couple pirannah beetles on you (like Corran's son did) Next time(first?) you think a beautiful woman is asking for your number, don't say anything...you're just talking to yourself ((waves hand)) Just your friendly neighborhood Jedi Master...frelling with your mind!

12. DarthDurance Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd go for the Mind Trick as well, but for all of those juvenile reasons.
    "You want to give me a raise..."
    "No you want to buy this round as well..."
    "Your voice is annoying you will stop talking now..."
    yeah, I'd probably walk that tight rope line between the darkside and the light.
  13. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Telekenetic, although levitation is a variant on that one, too. ;)
    I would love to be able to to that in real life. :D
    Hopefully I wouldn't be like a Corellian Jedi and be missing that power. :p
  14. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
  15. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, if I was a teenage boy, I know I'd totally go to the darkside using Mind Trick...

Still, I'd like to have this power most now anyway. Though I'd have to keep myself in check.

I know I'd use this in traffic.

You will use a turn signal always...

You will look at oncoming traffic first regardless of which way you are turning...

Simple things like that.

Oh and here's one for fellows and all food service workers:

You will wash your hands!

Okay, I'd could go on and on, so I'd better stop here.
  16. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'd probably walk that tight rope line between the darkside and the light.
    Don't get me wrong...I would have some fun with a well placed jedi-mind trick. I was kinda expecting some dumb comment from Eric about how he would pick up girls with a jedi-mind trick. Sure a little "persuasion" (Yoda/CLONE WARS style) would be alright, but having to rely on that alone is kinda sad.
  17. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK, being the Deanna Troi that I am [face_blush], I voted for healing ability! In fact, I wish I could find a female Jedi healer in the EU to base my SW character on. Anyone know of one? But mind tricks would be close second for all (er, some) of the reasons listed above. To stop annoying, rude, and pushy people! I don't want to get a guy with a mind trick--just with my natural charm. [face_mischief] BTW, what is "absorb" force power?
  18. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    As far as I know, Force Absorb is mainly taken from the Jedi Outcast/Academy games...it's a (light side I think?) force power that when used, lets your character absorb any enemy force powers used on you. Let's say someone uses force lightning on you, while Force Absorb is turned on. Damage is absorbed, the enemys force gets depleted, and the fight is in your favor. If I'm correct, Yoda did something to this effect in Episode II when Dooku threw some lightning at him.
  19. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Force absorb also allows you absorb blaster bolts and in the case of Corran Horn's grandfather Nejaa Halcyon absorb lightsaber energy.

When Nejaa was struck down by a darkside Anzanti Jedi, he absorbed the energy from the lightsaber and used it to blast the Dark Jedi.

You can read about this tory in I, Jedi. (One of my favorites)

-Sal
  20. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, Force absorb would be like what Yoda did with the Force lightning in AOTC. I think what Vader did on Cloud City with Han shooting at him could also technically be considered Force absorb, although it looked more like he deflected the bolts rather than absorb them.

Geoff, the mind trick might be nice to use on women, but women are really attracted to a man with power. So when you're using a mind trick and a pick-up line on them, I can have you four feet in the air and purple. (Yeah, it's sort of levitation in there too, but in Outcast when you use the grip feature, it automatically lifts the victim while choking them, so you get a 2 for 1 deal there, too). Who do you think they'll be running to then? ;)
  21. DarthZome Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Geoff, the mind trick might be nice to use on women, but women are really attracted to a man with power.
    First of all...I ain't looking, and secondly (in that case)...you're still screwed! :D

There is so many Force powers that would be useful. Healing would be good, because you can use it to help others...levitation or force push, imagine what you could do in a disaster relief situation. Ohio River floods, me and a couple friends could go "Moses" on it and give people a chance to save lives. That's the kinda stuff that I find appealing about having the ability to use the Force: service...not selfishness.
  23. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Skye: I agree with what is said above about "absorb." Corran and his grandfather were the best examples. It's almost like you absorb the energy, but then you have to redirect it somehow. In I, Jedi the (adult) Jedi students were in a hot spring and there was a scalding hot jet coming. He absorbed the heat through himself to allow the others to get out of the pool, and then dissipated the heat.

Jedi healers that I can think of off the top of my head are:
    1. Cilghal--a Mon Calamari who trained in Luke's first class of students
    2. Tekli--Chadra-Fan (like the little squeeking mouse-like character in the cantina scene). She is in the younger generation of Jedi, like Jaina and Jacen Solo.

Can anyone think of any others?

Eric:
    *shakes her head back and forth*
    geesh
    No offense, Dude, but buy a clue.

Drew: [face_laugh]
  24. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks everyone for the information on Force Absorption. I could use some of that to absorb the negative energy that comes my way throughout the day: "Why don't you have this book in today?" (when every other breathing person in the US is reading the same book) or "Why can't you explain in detail how I can fix my computer?" or "I checked a book out five years ago and it was blue and had something like the word 'electricity' in the title. What do you mean you can't find it for me?" or "I need in-depth research on the effect of electromagnetic energy on plants at a sixth grade level and I'm in the parking lot on my cell phone so I'll be picking it up in two minutes. What do you mean it might take you a little longer?" :mad: :confused: And you thought I read SW novels all day long! ;)
    Kim, thanks for the information on Jedi healers. :) You have a great memory! Anyway, neither of those two appeal to me. Sorry!
    First of all...I ain't looking
    Geoff, I hope that means all is going well on the romantic side for you and you don't have to look and not that you've given up looking.
  25. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Eric:
    *shakes her head back and forth*
    geesh
    No offense, Dude, but buy a clue

You're right... Hugh Hefner is dating 7 models simultaneously because "he's got a great personality."

"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Kissinger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.