main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Favorite airline?

Discussion in 'Community' started by I Are The Internets, Apr 10, 2017.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The prequel memes on Reddit incorporating UA are hilarious and terrible. Mostly terrible.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    The Concorde (darn I missed it again.)

There actually was a Southwest Airlines tweet: We beat the competition. Not you.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Staff training at United.

[​IMG]

4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That one is good, but my favorite one was the Indiana Jones one that I can't find because Google is dumb.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    This outfit was a little slow and didn't have much range, but they never left without me, never lost my luggage, always gave me a window seat, and I never had to change planes.

[​IMG]

8. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Domestically, Southwest is decent. Though really, any airline sucks when you have a migraine for an entire transcontinental flight.

My favorite airline of all time is ANA. Great seats. Actual real food. Wonderful staff. The best flight I had was one where the plane was mostly empty. Yay whole row to myself for a 12+ hour flight!

9. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Anything but Spirit...they're the worst. Or they were until United started beating people.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Virgin Atlantic was pretty nice, when I flew from NYC to Mumbai with a quick stop in London. Very comfortable, good staff, good service.

12. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    I've had nothing but great experiences with Southwest airlines.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    SergeyX2017 likes this.
  14. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Quite the sensationalist spin, Ghost.
    Please do everyone a favor and just don't post **** like this. The world is difficult enough without the internet blowing every perceived outrage it can dredge up out of proportion.

Ender Sai likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Quit ruining my lovely thread.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    it's what the article says and the video shows. I'm not blowing anything out of proportion.

Ah, sorry, I thought this would be the best place to put airline news.

17. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    I didn't say you are, but you are. There is no proof for what you claim.
    Nobody and nothing is helped by you sharing this article. You're just riding some outrage bandwagon.

Ender Sai likes this.
  18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This is also true of:

1. The entire "Derp" thread
    2. The entire "Hating Humanity" thread
    3. Large tracts of the "US Politics" thread
    4. Large tracts of the "Thunderdome" thread

A gigantic segment of the JCC overall is now just people posting articles that describe events that displease them, followed by a short statement of how angry they are. I hardly see why we're jumping down one guy's throat about it.

19. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    I wasn't sure I want to post about this, but... My own parents recently had a nasty experience with Air Canada.

They went on a tour in Ontario and Quebec, an organized group trip, with a bunch of other old emigrants from ex-USSR, with a Russian lady also as their guide and tour leader. Went to Toronto, Ottawa, Qurbec City, Niagara Waterfall, kind of in a circle, it was a 4 day trip, plane to Toronto, and then around by bus and then plane back to Vancouver, they left on Thursday morning, April 13th, very early; and returned very late on the 17th.

I gather the first flight, Vancouver to Toronto, was all good. No complaints.

On the way back, however, they apparently lined up at the counter for boarding. From what they tell me, there were several different lines, based on a number on your ticket, a "class" or something. Or maybe it was for rows. I have no idea, I wasn't there and they may have misunderstood, their English ain't great. Anyway, they lined up, but the agent started calling over other people, who were behind them. When they objected, he was very rude and rough with them, told them to return to their waiting seats, like, pretty much got in their faces, the way it was described to me. Yelled at them. Not just at my parents, the whole group, I believe. Later, the group leader lady was arguing with him, he tried to grab her ticket away from her, actually tore it in one place, threatened not to board her, at which time the whole group yelled back that they all would not leave without her, and she demanded if he was gonna have her dragged off the plane like the United incident... lol Long story short, they were all boarded, but my parents tell me they were dealt with very badly, the other agent lady roughly handled their papers, their boarding passes and such, and shoved them at my dad, even though she had eyes on her face and could see he was the one holding their bags.

I am convinced this treatment was because they were all non-Anglophone immigrants, this is discrimination, plain and simple, and if I were there, I would have threatened them all with f-n court, Ontario (just like other Canadian provinces) has a Human Rights Tribunal just for this kind of crap. But, my parents are typical Russians, don't want to rock the boat and told me to mind my own life and don't worry about this, mom, I think, is regretting tell me about it, especially since I wrote a scathing post to Air Canada about this on their Facebook, and then called the Customer Service number they gave me there and yelled at them some more on the phone too lol What can I say, I get angry, when people start screwing with my family...

Needless to say, Air Canada is never getting my service ever again.

20. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017

Someone else did post another side of this story, apparently
    [​IMG]

21. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    We're not "jumping down one guy's throat", Mr. Bloviate. We're pointing something out.
    And we're not doing that in the other threads because we weren't reading the other threads. We were reading this thread.

Ender Sai likes this.
  22. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I don't really accept that. The boards aren't so large. Though you may have been expressing it in this thread, all of us have undoubtedly visited the others where it regularly occurs. We know this because we've all seen one another there.

Taken further, I don't think you pointed the right thing out. Pretending as if this is just some unique behavior of Ghost when it's a board-wide habit misses the picture in huge and important ways.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    On the American Airlines incident, I have traveled with a baby and a toddler and no, you can't take a stroller on the plane. Not sure what the mother thought she was doing. Strollers have to be gate-checked and then picked up immediately on exiting the plane, same as wheelchairs. I always wheeled my kids to the gate then carried them on the plane.

That said, obviously the flight attendant's behavior was not excusable, and AA's response was better than United's response. And if airlines would stop charging passengers for every goddamn thing they check, and every time they fart, maybe we'd see fewer passengers trying to bring all their extra **** on the plane.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000

Please show me where I've been pretending this is unique behaviour of Ghost.
    I didn't.
    That's just your penchant to smear.
    Bloviatingly.

I have not visited the other threads you mentioned in years, except the US Politics threads, where I have indeed pointed out similar behaviour - only to be smeared by you again because you didn't understand my posts.

Ender Sai likes this.
  25. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I would say that the your supposition that the behavior is unique to Ghost is demonstrated by. . .your decision to mention only Ghost. I'm not sure how it becomes more straightforward.

Your primary variety of post in the Politics thread is the "WAKE UP SHEEPLE" sort that posits everyone but you is missing out on Trump's grand machinations. That doesn't even address drive-by lamenting posts of the sort you criticized Ghost for, nor is it even the primary type you usually post in response to.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.