CT Favorite Boba Fett Armor?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SlashMan, May 9, 2013.

?

Favorite Boba Fett Armor?

Supertrooper Armor 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Prototype Armor 2 vote(s) 11.1%
Empire Strikes Back 8 vote(s) 44.4%
Return of the Jedi 8 vote(s) 44.4%
  1. SlashMan Force Ghost

star 3
    Let's face it Boba Fett was one of the greatest background characters of all time, and I think it's all due to that awesome armor of his. There's been many variations, and I've made this poll to see what you all think.

NOTE: This list does not account for smaller variations seen in similar costumes (see The Dented Helmet for more on that).

1. Supertrooper Armor - The original, unseen origin of the Fett armor, as invisioned to be worn by elite Imperial troops (hence the all white Stormtrooper influence).
    2. Prototype Armor - Unseen and not very famous, but this variation of the suit was used in early promotional merchandise, including the famous action figure.
    3. Empire Strikes Back - When George Lucas suggested that the Supertrooper armor be painted with a military color scheme, history was made.
    4. Return of the Jedi - Back for his last outing, the final costume features more colors.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

For me, it's gotta be the Return of the Jedi outfit. The colors and design just looks best, especially in the superb lighting. In comparison, the Empire Strikes Back armor looks unfinished with large areas of flat green.
  2. sith_rhino Force Ghost

star 1
    I like the Empire Strikes Back outfit better, based on these pictures. It's the dullest, toughest, most war torn looking of the bunch.
  3. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
  4. Jcuk Force Ghost

star 4
  5. AntilllesRedTwo Jedi Master

6. OldSchoolFan Jedi Master

star 1
    Has to be TESB armour for me, the armour looks like it's been through a few hunts. The ROTJ suit looks too small for the guy wearing it.
  7. Minez01 Force Ghost

star 1
    I vote ESB as well.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    My favorite Boba Fett armor is:
    [IMG]

:p
    Darth Liberatus and DarthBoba like this.
  9. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I like the first prototype armour because it looks a bit more 'thrown together' and the 'eyes' on the helmet look cool to.

[IMG]

...but the second prototype helmet has to be my all time favourite.....it just looks like it's been through a few more bounty hunts

[IMG]
    SlashMan likes this.
  10. SlashMan Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah, the eyes were always a mysterious factor of the original (it seems like they were also inspired by Ralph McQuarrie's poncho design). It also seems like that's the inspiration for the designs on Captain Rex's helment.

The original design, where the eyes were on the front of the helmet looked creepiest of all.
  11. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I always thought the orignial helmet made Boba look like a snake....even though it's cool I'm glad they got rid of them in the later versions.

[IMG]
    SlashMan likes this.
  12. King Terak Jedi Master

star 1
    ROTJ, Matched the Kenner figure I bought.
  13. Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Retuurn of the Jedi armor looks the coolest.
    Last edited by Grievousdude, May 19, 2013
  14. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    TESB. I prefer the greenish forearm panels, and the TESB blaster looked more like a sawed-off shotgun, keeping in touch with his "Old West" bounty hunter image.