main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Favorite Books/Series of Legends?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kyrstoph Ehlren, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Kyrstoph Ehlren

Kyrstoph Ehlren Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2017
    As the Title suggestions
    WHAT are some of your most adored novels of Legends

Novels that you consider HIGHLIGHTS of that entire Universe.

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    The Jedi Apprentice YA series holds a special place in my heart as it was one of those books (I'm still looking for it to buy, to this day) that I found in my school library one day. It was my first ever star wars book, I read and at the time the concept was very foreign to me.

"Stories sets BETWEEN the star wars films?! What Jedi devilry is this!?"

Daneira likes this.
  3. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    If I could only have one SW book in the universe it would be I Jedi.

Next in line would be Survivor's Quest. (Once I have that book I will cross out all Skywalker behind Jade). So It will read Mara Jade every time she is ever mentioned or appears.

Favourite series The Callista series (Children of the Jedi, Dark Saber, and Planet of Twilight.)

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Favorite series, New Jedi Order
    Favorite trilogy-Thrawn, Han Solo AC Crispin, Wraith Squadron
    Favorite duology-Enemy Lines, Agents of Chaos, Edge of Victory
    Favorite single book, The Unifying Force

5. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Favorite series-NJO
    Favorite all time book-Traitor
    Favorite stand alone-Darth Plagueis
    Favorite IU era-Pre Republic and NJO.

6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Favorite series-As much as I love NJO my favourite is still YJK
    Favorite all time book- Heirs of the Force The book that made me a SW fan
    Favorite stand alone- Outbound Flight

7. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Favourite series- Either the Thrawn trilogy or the Coruscant Nights trilogy. I can't choose between them.
    Favourite all time book - The Last Command
    Favourite stand alone - Either Darth Maul Shadow Hunter or Shadows of the Empire. Again I can't choose.
    Favourite duology- Agents of Chaos

8. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    The Glove of Darth Vader

Seriously, the ROTS novelization.

9. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Favorite series: Thrawn Trilogy.
    Favorite all time book: Dark Force Rising
    Favorite book outside of said Thrawn books: Triple Zero

10. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Favorite series: YJN
    Favorite trilogy: Darth Bane
    Favorite duology: Medstar
    Favorite single book: Ghosts of Tatooine, Rogue Planet, Shadow Hunter, Outbound Flight.
    Favourite comics: Tales, Legacy, KOTOR, Crimson Empire, Crimson Empire II, Crimson Empire III, Tales of the Jedi, Lost Tribe of the Sith, Dawn of the Jedi.

Favourite canon novel is Lost Stars. :)

Darth Dnej likes this.
  11. unironically

unironically Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 14, 2017
    RepCom is what drew me in, particularly True Colors. Having your book end with clone commandos casually playing soccer on the parade ground, in civilian clothing with their ex-training sergeant (on the same large open space from the end of AOTC where the troopers are all lined up and the Acclamators are slowly taking off)—just the thought, the possibility of scenes like that actually taking place, let alone being described or shown, would have never crossed my mind while watching something like Filoni's TCW. And I realized it was exactly the type of stuff I had always wanted from Star Wars. I had just never given it thought because it's the sort of thing that seems so "out there" and unlikely. It deviates so much from everything you'd expect. Concepts that seem like low energy fan fiction, but actually transcend into realms of unwarranted, but not unwelcome attention to detail, told through adventures and experiences that seem either too crazy and personal or oddly mundane to be realistically happening in the series you're supposed to be reading. A series that's supposed be related to the PC shooter game where you shoot droids and trandoshans. A series about obedient Temuera Morrison clones that all look and sound the same. Like I'd be constantly pausing and looking at the cover of the book, going "what the ****?" I remember thinking the entirety of Triple Zero is actually too good to be true. It felt like cheating, like you're getting away with something while you're reading through it. I've seen someone call it a season of the Wire set on Coruscant. Yeah, I guess you could sort of loosely look at it that way.

I backtracked a bit though and started reading chronologically. I keep searching for that next high. It does keep popping up every now and then in various doses. I used to look at Jedi Apprentice and think "eww, a young-readers series, do I really have to read this?" But then I forced myself through it and regretted ever thinking of skipping it. While I didn't necessarily get high on it, I did really appreciate that it exists and it is without a doubt an essential part of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan canon. I keep finding that thrill in the most unlikely places. Like Maul: Lockdown. I thought: "okay, his has got to suck. Probably just mindless violence." but no man, it was actually crazy.

12. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Uhhhh the one where those crabs came out of the ocean and hunted down a bear and then took out that planet with the dude who made clones from his enemy and then the Romani people were refugees but a little boy was born so there was hope even though all of the guys with the big glowsticks were dying, and then the big city was conquered and a big ship stabbed another big ship with a big knife but then we took a break from the action to read Dante's Inferno before a fish came back, and then after a tour of the nineties the good guys got the big city back and the crabs all settled down to become farmers. Yeah, I liked that series.

MartyAvidianus likes this.
  13. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    So many amazing books/series of books, but Darth Plagueis is number one.

14. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    X-wing, X-wing, X-wing. All the way.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Star Wars: Legacy (volume 1)
    [​IMG]

Darth Plagueis
    [​IMG]

The NJO, particularly: Traitor, Destiny's Way, The Unifying Force
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The reference guide, The Essential Atlas
    [​IMG]

Honorable mentions:

-Dawn of the Jedi (novel and comics)

-Tales of the Jedi (comics)

-KOTOR (comics, with Zayne)

-Knight Errant (comics and novel)

-Galactic Battlegrounds (computer game)

-Agent of the Empire (comics)

-Jedi Power Battles & the TPM game (PlayStation)

-ROTS video-game (PlayStation 2)... mostly for being able to fight someone else using a SW character of your choice

-Empire at War video-game (computer game)

-Cloak of Deception (novel)

-Rogue Planet (novel)

-Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (novel)

-Labyrinth of Evil (novel)

-Tatooine Ghost (novel)

-Shadows of Mindor (novel)

-Dark Empire (comics trilogy)

-The Black Fleet Crisis (novel trilogy)

-Vision of the Future (novel)

-Scourge (novel)

-NJO: Vector Prime (novel)

-NJO: Star By Star (novel)

-Dark Nest (novel trilogy)

-Crosscurrent & Riptide (novels)

-Millennium Falcon (novel)

-parts of LOTF and FOTJ, but unfortunately not taken together

-Legacy volume 2 (comics)

16. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Favorite Standalone: I, Jedi
    Favorite Duology: Hand of Thrawn
    Favorite Trilogy: The Thrawn Trilogy
    Favorite Multi-Book Series: The X-Wing books (Rogue & Wraith Squadrons)
    Honorable Mentions: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, the Young Jedi Knights series

MartyAvidianus likes this.
  17. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Kenobi

Now has replaced Darth Plagiues as my favorite Star Wars novel. It's just such a fun read with great new characters and I love how small the conflict is compared to other novels.

Darth Plagiues

A political thriller in space with interesting origins to Plagiues, Sidious and the overall grand plan to destroy the Jedi.

Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

Excellent portrayal of Vader post-ROTS and like Kenobi, you've got a batch of interesting side characters.

If were also talking about comics as well, then I will always consider the Republic run of comics to be the best thing comic wise Star Wars has done.

BookExogorth and Darth Dnej like this.
  18. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Deena Shan is my favourite character in legend comics.

By the way, my favorite legend canon comics series is Vector.

19. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Obviously the Essential Atlas and the Essential Guide to Warfare are special to me, as they feature my name in print - in the most minor and inconsequential way possible, but still. Plus I'm pretty sure one of the planets in EA is named after me. As far as I'm concerned, they fulfilled pretty much every wish that my younger self wanted about Star Wars, circa the OT movies coming out for the first time.

Novel-wise, always Rogue Squadron and the affiliated books. It's where I came back to Star Wars to begin with, and - in a way - where I stopped (the last SW book that I bought was Mercy Kill)

Going outside the box a bit, X-Wing and TIE Fighter as the best games, the likes of which we won't see again.

Comics, KOTOR and Agent of the Empire.

20. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Wraith Squadron as the series for me. I know it's technically only a subseries, but I feel the tone and style are different enough that the different premise makes it a new series. Thrawn may be the most intimidating non-Force using Imperial, but Zsinj is still my favorite.

Single book? Probably Traitor, RC: Hard Contact (even if I don't like the rest of the series), and YJK: Lightsabers.