main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite Character and Why

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Jedi_Master_Kel, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Who is your favorite Star Wars charater, both good and bad and why?

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm just a Han Solo type-of-guy. Actually I like the pre-Rebellion Han better. Once he joins the Rebellion, he gets soft. But his attitude in ANH about everyone and everything is so cynical that it just cracks me up everytime I watch it.

There's one line that makes Vader my favorite villain - "Apology accepted, Captain Needa." I absolutely love a cruel, vicious, guy with a sense of humor. If you can't be comical while killing your senior officers, what's the point of killing them?

3. Darth_Roger

Darth_Roger Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    My favorite "good guy" character is C-3P0. I think it's because of his helpless British punchlines which often take place in the most violent parts of each film. The poor guy is going to shutdown with either a circuit-tumor or an androidism. I love these films because they have just the right blend of excitement and subtle comedy (though the prequels seem to be failing in that department).

My favorite villian is Greedo. I just love that whole bar scene, but there's something about that character that intrigues me. I laugh during that scene everytime. I'd like to see a movie about Solo before ANH to see his interaction with all of these villians who go after him in these films. They won't do that in the last prequel, will they?

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't know how much the prequel will deal with Solo's history, though Chewbacca is definitely in the next movie. There are several good books that have dealt with the history of Solo and many of the Bounty Hunters. There were two books I remember - The Tales of the Bounty Hunters & Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina. Both of those books are filled with short stories about many of the bounty hunters and aliens in the Cantina Bar. One of them had a really good story about Greedo and how he came to go after Solo's bounty and how we was kind of set up to fail. It was a really good story. I have those books if you get the urge to read any of them.

5. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Tales of the Bounty Hunters is a really good book, I'm still trying to get through it though. I need to find some time to read it more. And if you like bounty hunters, The Tales of the Bounty Hunters book will make you like them even more, it did for me!!!

6. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Best Hero is Han Solo for perfect timing and just getting the job done ( Death Star trench in ANH ).

Best Jedi must be Mace Windu for skill and attitude ( Arena in AotC ).

Best Villain has to be Darth Vader. Love him or hate him you must respect him ( Opening scene in ANH ).

Best Tap Dance goes to Janga Fett. Those who have seen the bloopers on AotC know what I'm talking about.

Think that about covers it...

Lodreh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

7. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    Probabaly my favorite good guy is Chewy. Just that huggable quality along with the fact that he'll tear you limb from limb if you piss him off.

Bad guy- original trilogy Boba Fett. So much mystery and rage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.