main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Favorite character entrance?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ewoksimon, Sep 9, 2016.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]Vader's entrance in ANH hope is mine, followed by Han Solo in the cantina. With Vader I love how he looks at all the dead soldiers and troopers and us just so "meh" about it.

2. Lazy_Ewok

Lazy_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2016
    Probably the way the introduced Yoda in ESB. First he just seemed like a weird talking alien but we see how the character is after a while. The environment that is on the planet helps too.

Chancellor Yoda and Nanaki like this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Dooku in AOTC. I love how his face is shrouded in shadow as passes through the archway to speak with Obi-Wan.

4. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Darkslayer was just about to say Dooku :p

me in cinema: I know that voice, it's Christopher Lee :D

Also, Snoke:

me in cinema: wow...you're taller than I imagined

(note I do not sit there talking aloud to myself, these are internal thoughts) :p

Darkslayer and Lulu Mars like this.
  5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013

Pretty much this. Can a character GET a cooler entrance than this?

6. DarthVyos

DarthVyos Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2016
    Vader in ANH. Sorry, it's the best.

7. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back, right before the Battle of Hoth.
    That is actually my favorite scene in the franchise.

8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Lando.

Much like Gene Wilder's decision to somersault during Willy Wonka's introduction, the audience never really knows what to think of Lando after he first meets Han. Is he serious, is he joking? Can we trust him? What's he thinking?

It's a great scene.

Kenobi1138 likes this.
  9. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    This...[face_laugh]
    [​IMG]

...and this :cool:
    [​IMG]

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I do love Snoke's entrance. That view of Starkiller Base! That voice! That HUGE hologram in that ominous chamber!

This one kicks ass, though: [​IMG]

Toddy, xezene, Nanaki and 1 other person like this.
  11. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    Kylo Ren was easily the best character intro in TFA.

Actually I take that back, this was.
    [​IMG]

12. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    There are a lot of good character entrances in the Star Wars series, but I do really like the entrances from ROTJ -- Vader, Luke, Palpatine, even Wickett. :p

Kenobi1138 and Lulu Mars like this.
  13. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Wicket's entrance is wicked ;)

14. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    [​IMG]

Darth Maul. That vocal motif when he steps from the shadows is great. Properly scary villain. Wouldn't call it my favourite entrance (I'd probably go for Yoda) but since I don't think it's been raised yet I thought I'd throw it out there.

15. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Huge door starts rising.
    "Oh no! The Rancor!"
    The entrance of the Rancor from out of the darkness, it's shining eyes and teeth the first thing you see. The look on Luke's face. And then that roar. That was an entrance!

16. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Vader boards the Tantive 4, Palpatine arives on DS-2, Yoda's "Feel like what?".

But my favorite entrance was the Naboo hanger doors opening. A figure standing all in black. He removes his hood & ignites his weapon. IT'S DARTH FREAKING MAUL!!!!!

Nanaki likes this.
  17. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    Qui Gon and Obiwans Entrance in Phantom Menace. When they lowered the hoods of their robes the theatre I was in gave a standing ovation. Star wars was back.

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    For me it's totally 3PO in TFA!! "Han Solo!! It is I, C-3PO! You probably don't recognize me because of the red arm..." [face_laugh] [face_rofl]

Okay it's not THAT funny. But still...Other than that though, I would say Luke's arrival at Jabba's palace in ROTJ. Or the Emperor's arrival in ROTJ.

Or Anakin and Obi-Wan's "entrance" at the beginning of ROTS, if that qualifies. Han and Chewie's in TFA was great too.

Nanaki and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Either I missed it...

Or we are halfway down page two and no one has mentioned LUKE SKYWALKER's entrance? I'd put this right up against Vader's as the most classic in all ST films.

20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

I just mentioned Luke's in ROTJ just above your post...

But I agree-I'm surprised he's not on there more.

21. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    For me, I like either Kylo, Vader, Leia, or Luke's entrance the best. What can I say? The Skywalkers know how to make an appearance.

Seagoat likes this.
  22. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Gotta agree, but I also want to point out that I misread your username as "Poland and Suffering"

It's cause I live in Buffalo, I swear

23. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    All three of Darth Vaders entrances for me.

First the Tantive IV entrance just blew my mind as a kid and that was the first scene that got me sucked into the universe. It being considered one of best villain introductions is something I can whole heartily agree with.

Then the ESB entrance can be remembered as a very chilling one. Vader looking out at the galaxy with a whole fleet at his beck and call and when he walks by the officers you can see the fear in their eyes.

Finally the ROTJ seems to combine both ANH and ESB entrances into one. You've got the smoke around Vader when you first see him and the sense of fear he gives off with the first conversation he has in the film.

Force Smuggler and Sarge like this.
  24. Ord Sorrell

Ord Sorrell Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2016
    This is a tough one, but I would have to say....The original star wars, Vader boarding the blockade runner

25. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The bad guys all have wonderful entrances. Maul has a badass entrance practically every time he comes on screen. That's part of what makes him so powerful and intimidating, despite his lack of spoken words. His mere presence is impressive.

Dooku gets a few cool ones, too, like when he's first seen and when he enters the room where Obi-Wan is held captive. His entrance in RotS is also quite majestic.

Vader obviously gets some of the best entrances ever in all three of the originals, and The Emperor's arrival on the second Death Star is a classic, but I think Grievous might have my personal favorite entrance of them all. The way the scene abruptly cuts to the blast doors suddenly opening and revealing a close-up of his intimidating face. You can really focus on those creepy eyes in that droid head.