main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite Character?

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Jedi_Junkie, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Well, since we seem to be in the rut of favorites, I'd like to know what everyones favorite characters are! From the novels, video games, card games, the movies, comic books, or action figures. Which characters are you favorites, and most importantly.. Why?

2. MandalorianHunter

MandalorianHunter Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2003
    My favorite is Boba Fett. He has always been my favorite. It's just the way he carries himself and his attitude. I love his battle worn armor, much better than Jango's. I love the lore of his past, unfortuntely Lucas had to leave no mystery to it tus negating everything from the books and comics.

3. Ben_Kenobi78

Ben_Kenobi78 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Obi-Wan Kenobi because of all he had been through. He was a Jedi apprentice and saw his master killed, Then inherites a boy to train who eventually goes evil and kills everyone. Then he has to live like a hermit for 20 years only to return to the Death Star to give himself up. Then he gets no rest once he's dead, He still has to coach Luke and talk to Yoda. What a guy!

4. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    My favorite is Master Yoda. Since I was a child his words of wisdom have inspired me to do many things and to never underestimate myself. He is truly a wonderful character. Plus I have never seen a movie theatre go as nuts as they did opening night for AOTC when Yoda was packing heat and gave us quite the show!

5. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Wow, those are great reasons - I especially like Obi-Wan's explanation. ^_^ It was very accurate. I don't have just a single character that I could call my favorite, but since I kinda have to pick one I think it'd be Han Solo. In the movies I think he represented a person we can all see ourselves as being in that SW Universe, a guy just trying to get through life with two credits to rub together. He's unwittingly hurled into the galactic spotlight, and thrives by the seat of his pants, with a sidekick, background, and a few tricks up his sleeves. I also like him because he's not another force sensitive who's competancy is based upon the Force. He got where he is on his own luck. I'm not terribly sure that made any sense. <_<

6. SITH_L_MAUL

SITH_L_MAUL Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2003
    Darth Maul, It's ashame that the average person won't know more about him and his shrouded past and history. He wasn't the most powerful Sith ever, But he was definetely the most intimidating to look at. He truly was a great warrior.

7. DarthBud

DarthBud Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
    My favorite character is Anakin/Vader. He is the most interesting. A hero, who falls in love, is tempted by power, hunts down the jedi, becomes one of the most fearsome men in the galaxy, but still has a little good left in him and defeats Palpatine to save Luke. The only part I don't like about him is that whole Episode I 10 year old. Lucas should've started the new movies with AOTC being #1.

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I agree! I especially love Vader in Jedi.

9. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Well, that's two categories for me. Most interesting to look at/watch is Maul or Ephant Mon,(though the poor guy got only a few seconds of screen time.) The most interesting as far as personality is Palpatine hands down! Here is a guy who played everyone for a bunch of saps and took down a whole galactic system while smiling in thier face the whole time.

10. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Hey, I like how you put that, Pada-1! Very funny... You're right, though, you gotta admire someone who can manage something like that! :D

11. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Luke Skywalker has always been my favorite character (see icon). From playing with toy X-Wings and lightsabers, halloween costumes as a kid...to playing with toy X-Wings and lightsabers (as an adult?) ;)

12. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I like Luke Skywalker alot also and I have to say that he is very underated. You never hear anyone talking about him anymore when it comes to awesome Jedi. I remember when I was a kid everybody wanted to be Luke Skywalker. I remember how cool it was the first time I saw him ignite the green blade in ROTJ. They should have one of those funny beer commercials on he radio say.."Here's to you Luke Skywalker savior of the Jedi. You single handedly defeated the Sith and helped restore peace to the galaxy. All the while getting a big wet one from your own sister." lol :)

13. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    It used to be Han Solo when I was a kid, but now its Obi-Wan

14. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Another subject to randomly ressurect!

My favorite character is still Han Solo, I mean c'mon.. He totally kicks arse... But with the onslaught of new characters to the Star Wars universe my loyalty to our most honorable ex-smugggler, non-force user has been questioned.
    I have recently fixed my attention on the Jedi Master Luminara Unduli. I know little or none about her, but with the few bits of information I have encountered I've been drawn to obsess over her. She's not only cool looking, she competant. Hopefully in Episode III she'll be more of a character (c'mon.. SW has way too much testosterone for its own good..), or atleast some lines. Hopefully one of these days I'll run across "The Approaching Storm" in the library, but till then... *sigh*

15. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Come to think of it I have a new "fave" character to add, Shaak Ti. She is incredibly striking with her headtails and pure black eyes, I hope she gets a little more screentime in Ep3.

16. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I would think that Episode 3 would be the most action packed of all the movies so I think the possibility of more camera time for Jedi is a good possibility. :)

17. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Mine used to be Luke when I was younger, but as I've gotten older, it is Anakin/Vader, because I love how his psychology transforms from childhood angel to pure evil as an old man. It is because of this that I am anxiously awaiting Episode III to see how it pans out and how his transformation finally happens.

18. ohiojedi

ohiojedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    I am going to pick master qui-gon jinn. like i said before, he has a way with words, very knowledgeable of the living force and things he has said to obi-wan, be it in the books or in the movie...his philosophies are sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.