main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Favorite Character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by bejnz, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Vader/Anakin

Why?

The Chosen One that's y!

Evening Star likes this.
  2. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon Jedi Knight

May 25, 2016
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

As well as being one of the greatest military minds in the Galactic Empire, he was also the only non-human to achieve Grand Admiral in the Imperial Fleet! (Legends now of course)

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Anakin and Obi-Wan are tied.

Cause they're the best Jedi team in history and nobody can make me think otherwise.[face_not_talking]:p

4. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Rae Sloane

I'll be honest, my favorite character changes from time to time. There are too many good characters in all of Star Wars.

5. Dark Cutie

Dark Cutie Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 1, 2016
    Kylo Ren
    Made me into a SW fan.

6. Master Spiderman

Master Spiderman Jedi Padawan

May 26, 2016
    1. Mace Windu - I love the darkness of his character, despite being a Jedi Master. Possibly the only character who truly embodied the "shades of grey" that I think make Star Wars more interesting and fun. Mace is my favorite because he's most like me. He's got a domineering will, he's wrathful, he's got rage, he's gruff, he's got a darkness inside of him. But he's still a goddamn Grand Master of the Light. He's ultimately and blatantly good, despite it all. He's something like an anti-hero, but something more.

2. Han Solo - I've always interpreted him as someone force-sensitive enough to have been a Jedi if he just didn't like the rogue life so much, while also being above codes and ranks and all the trappings of the Jedi Order. The question of whether or not he could've been a Jedi leaves him with a permanent mystique for me. And I loved him as a father, in the latest film. Han feels like one of us. An Earthling lost abroad in the far reaches of space.

3. Finn - A magnetic humor like no other Star Wars character before him, in my opinion. Finn is the first Star Wars character that I'd like to be friends with. His real world warmth and humor, I feel like they've always been missing from this franchise. He filled a real void. A protagonist who was also fun and likeable. He also has that mystique that is so important to me. You know. He's got that darkness. That inexplicable fear of confronting some part of himself that only he can sense. That's real, that's relatable.

4. Kylo Ren - Such a great character for so many reasons. To sum it up: he's everything that Anakin Skywalker was meant to be (but wasn't due to poor writing). This is ironic because he attempts to be everything that Vader was, but fails. He embodies the struggle between dark and light. He's not grey, like Windu. He's a battleground. He's an inversion of the light-tempted-by-dark scenario that we're too familiar with. He's a lost young man, turned into a weapon by a manipulator in black. Look out into the world today, and you'll find many Kylo Ren's. In that way, he's scarier than any cyborg. Star Wars fans are no stranger to fallen Jedi. But never have we seen it so up close, felt it so deep. Felt the tension of the character with every appearance.

5. Kreia - To me, she is the best example of a sith lord in the entire Star Wars universe. You meet her under mysterious circumstances. She is cryptic but captivating. She doesn't merely manipulate events from afar, she shrouds her true nature, infiltrates the enemy. Sleeping next to them, eating with them, fighting by their side. She is their mentor, their mother. Until it is time to complete her mission. Her mission is personal, born out of vengeance and deep anguish. Yet there is a serenity to her. And a shabbiness that gives way to majesty when she finally reveals her true self. Yeah, Kreia is cool.

6. Obi-wan Kenobi - He's something of a boy scout. And you know what, I like boy scouts. I admire Obi-wan for his unabashed heroism, and unwavering commitment to good over evil. He's not a very complex character in the PT. He's a Jedi, born out of the death of Qui-Gonn and determined not to squander his mentor's wisdom. The death of the Jedi Order seems to only strengthen his lifelong belief in the light side of the force. He is an old man gravely concerned with the resurrection of his order. He is patient but he isn't afraid to come out of hiding and to slice off a hand or two and to give the people a glimpse of the past when the Jedi Order thrived. What more can I say? Obi-wan is Obi-wan. Some of the best dialogue and most memorable quotes in all of film. And the timeless, exemplary hero at every stage of his life.

7. Rey - I love Mary Sues. I love John Cena. I love Superman. I love those characters who don't struggle much. I find their power to be enigmatic and mysterious, something that makes me think and question myself and strive to be better. These characters are the best to see tested as well. But I love Rey for more than what she is. I enjoyed who she was in TFA as well. She's got this natural tenacity and aggression but it comes with a great deal of grace too. She's a little tragic. Dumped on a dreary planet that she might've waited on for her entire life had it not been for the awakening. Reminds me of Harry Potter, that tragedy.

8. Mission Vao - Mission almost made me cry. This little street urchin hurled into the abominable and savage darkness of underworld Taris. Struggling to survive every night with her wookie friend. Her humor always seemed so undercut by sadness, to me. A reaction to her circumstances. She's the proverbial Slumdog Millionaire. You're happy to get her off Taris. You enjoy her presence aboard the Ebon Hawk. But that tint of sadness is always there. I like that she never forgets where she came from and that even though her world was cruel to her, she's even more sad to see it blown apart.

9. HK-47 - Coolest. Droid. Ever. He is the perfect meld of that Boba Felt mystique, that R2 loveability (in his own loveable a-hole way) and that deadliness. His lines were always potent and dark. His quips were always poignant and funny. The circumstances surrounding his appearance exemplify that special SW brand of mystery and surreality. Yeah, HK was cool. The Deadpool of SW. Kinda.

10. I dunno. Several characters could go here. More likely, I'm tired

7. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Mara Jade, badass red hair like me why so few of us in the galaxy :)

8. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Han Solo. He's a sexy rogue, what's not to like? I first saw SW in my early teens and Han was one of my first movie crushes.
    Leia kicked butt even in a metal bikini. She certainly isn't a damsel in distress waiting for rescue, and I really admired her as a youngster. Rey is my favorite character in TFA.

9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Sabine Wren. She's feisty, she's a Mandalorian and she's got a cool design. Love everything about her.

Pretendalorian likes this.
  10. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    OT: Han Solo
    PT: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    ST: Finn
    TV: Barriss Offee
    EU: Marn Heirogryph, and basically everyone else from the Kotor comics.

11. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Grand Admiral Thrawn of course!

for me the best character ever.

12. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Jacen Solo, no question.

13. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    +1

He's my favorite movie character in general.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  14. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Cool!

15. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    1. Luke Skywalker - He might be a bit bland, but he really is a great hero for young children. He comes a long way and becomes a really powerful Jedi. I'd go to Tosche station to hang out with him.
    2. Leia Organa - To be honest, she is the quintessential Star Wars. Throughout the first film, it seems like she's just going to be a damsel. Then, she kicks ass. She's a terrific hero, and in my opinion, makes Han and Luke look bad in ANH. She's a great role model for young girls and boys, and I think in many ways that's what makes her so great. She might be a racist, though.

3. C3PO - how C3PO, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Honestly, this character has always been one of my favorites since the original trilogy, and I always appreciated that Master Luke was kind to him in comparison with Han and Leia. He's just so funny, and I think that's why I always see him so well. He reminds me of myself, even when I'm merely a bumbling sidekick.

4. Darth Revan - Like Vader, I can't decide if this figure is a savior, a conqueror, or something in between. He's technically both, but if he was real and this was real history, how would he be remembered? Well, our textbooks like glossing over a lot of things so his imperialism would likely be forgotten. Revan is the real Space Jesus (sorry Vader).

5. Darth Vader - He's the man behind the mask, and he's the center of this entire galaxy, apparently. He's either Space Hitler or Space Jesus, but, either way, he's one hell of a character. There's nothing quite like watching James Earl Jones ham it up while David Prowse chokes Imperial commanders. It's great. Vader in Episodes IV and V are favorites, but there are still a few sweet moments in VI. There's nothing quite like the moment when he says, "It is too late for me, son."

6. Rey - first of all: Daisy Ridley. Let's just take a moment.

Now, back on topic, I really feel like this character is at the heart of the ST, and I know that she really has the spunk and chutzpah to be one great Jedi. Under Luke's guidance, she really will be fantastic. She's fun, witty, and she has real chemistry on set with everyone around her. She gives the New Star Wars life.

7. Obi-Wan Kenobi - Liar in chief. While I love Yoda more in the OT, I actually prefer Obi-Wan in the PT. Nothing against Alec, of course - he's an amazing actor - but I think the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan is a more respectable, charming man who just wants the best for his student. Alec's Kenobi probably did too, but the lies made it a bit harder to sympathize with him. And the "what I told you was true, from a certain point of view" made my eyes roll.

8. Yoda - My favorite samurai. Yoda, in essence, is the message of "big things come in small packages." Yoda is an amazing character in the OT. In Empire alone, he steals the show. I'm not a fan of him in PT, particularly ROTS, but his role in Empire is enough to land him 8th for me.

9. Han Solo - This is probably kinda low for most people, and that's not to say I dislike Han - on the contrary, I like him enough to put him in the top ten characters in the galaxy! I think he gets overshadowed by a lot of other, better characters in the series. I must admit, though, like Bastila, he has one of the most interesting arcs of the OT and he proves to be quite a respectable man. He's a thief with a heart of gold, and I love him.

10. Bastila Shan - She is one that's fun to watch develop throughout the Knights of the Old Republic game. For me, her arc is more enchanting than anyone else's, including the PC's. She's arrogant and "headstrong" at times, but she's also a lover and a fighter, and it's nice to see that sometimes love can win.

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    My favorite character is Darth Vader. For me he's the best movie villain of all time and has such an iconic look, plus being voiced by James Earl Jones he even sounds great.

17. KingInTheNorth5

KingInTheNorth5 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2016
    I was almost named Anakin, so... Anakin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I appreciate Sidious and his scheming.
    Han is pure entertainment value and Harrison Ford is one of my favourites.
    Yoda speaks to my soul with his wisdom and perspectives on life.
    Vader is such a strong presence and is more complex than people usually give him credit for.

But Luke is my favourite character overall. He redeemed his father and grew so much as a character.