main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Favorite characters from the Star Wars saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by MrFantastic74, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Yondo Kuromu

Yondo Kuromu Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 18, 2013
    1. Han Solo
    2. Luke Skywalker
    3. Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker (Revenge of the Sith version and beyond)
    4. Qui Gon
    5. Darth Maul
    6. Obi Wan
    7. C3PO and R2-D2
    8. Leia
    9. Boba Fett
    10. The Emperor and Yoda

2. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    1. Yoda
    2. Luke Skywalker
    3. Darth Vader
    4. Obi-Wan
    5. Anakin Skywalker (RotS)
    6. R2-D2
    7. Chewbacca
    8. Jango Fett
    9. Boba Fett
    10. Han Solo

3. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Obi-Wan
    Palpatine
    Yoda
    Luke
    Vader
    Qui-Gon
    Han
    C3-P0
    Leia
    Dooku

4. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    1)Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2)Yoda
    3)Chewbacca
    4)R2D2
    5)Darth Maul
    6)Boba Fett
    7)Han
    8)Leia
    9)Luke
    10)Qui Gon

5. Ballad

Ballad Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2013
    Let's see...

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2. R2-D2
    3. Lando Calrissian (I just know I'm not spelling that right)
    4. Han solo
    5. Bail Organa
    6. Yoda
    7. The Emperor
    8. Count Dooku
    9. C-3PO
    10. Admiral Ackbar

Honorary mention to That One Stormtrooper Who Conked His Head On A Door. That man is my hero.

6. DLINE

DLINE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2013
    1. yoda
    2. darth maul
    3. han solo
    4. chewie
    5. darth vader
    6. ig88
    7. and just read my thing at the bottom

7. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    1. Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)
    2. Luke Skywalker
    3. Artoo Detoo (R2-D2)
    4. Senator/Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine (Darth Sidious)
    5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    6. Yoda
    7. Jango Fett
    8. Qui-Gon Jinn
    9. Jar Jar Binks
    10. Princess Leia Organa

8. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    1. Darth Vadar/Anakin Skywalker
    2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. Darth Sidious (Palpatine)
    4. Qui-Gon Jinn
    5. Darth Maul
    6. Yoda
    7. Mace Windu
    8. Han Solo
    9. Boba Fett
    10. R2-D2

9. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    1. Vader
    2. Luke
    3. Anakin in the first half hour of ROTS
    4.Wedge
    5. Leia
    6. Artoo
    7.The A-wing pilot who leads most of the ties on a merry chase back out of the superstructure of the Death Star II in ROTJ while Wedge and Lando blow the thing up . I think the EU has established this a Tycho Celchu from the Rogue Squardron books.
    8.Sabe(because its Kiera Knightley)
    9.Piett
    10. Veers

Darth Schlotkin likes this.
  10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Palpatine
    Leia
    Vader
    Han
    C-3PO
    Jabba
    Lando
    Obi-Wan
    Tarkin
    Darth Maul

11. AntilllesRedTwo

AntilllesRedTwo Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2013
    1. Boba Fett
    2. Max Rebo
    3. Wedge
    4. Luke
    5. Anakin/Vader
    6. Yoda
    7. Obi-Wan
    8. Han
    9. Tie between the droids (R2 and 3PO)
    10. Chewie

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    1. Mace Windu
    2. Yoda
    3. Darth Sidious
    4. Count Dooku
    5. Darth Maul
    6. Anakin Skywalker
    7. Qui-Gon Jinn
    8. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    9. Han Solo
    10. R2-D2

13. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Han Solo
    Luke Skywalker
    Princess Leia
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Qui-Gon
    Darth Vader
    Darth Maul
    R2-D2

14. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    1) Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2) Palpatine son of Cosinga (his father's name is soo epic :p) / Darth Sidious
    3) Darth Vader (Original Trilogy)
    4) Han Solo
    5) Luke Skywalker
    6) Qui-Gon Jinn
    7) Dooku/ Darth Tyranus
    8) Yoda
    9) Leia Organa
    10) Chewbacca
    11) C-3PO
    12) R2-D2
    13) Mace Windu
    14) Lando Calrissian
    15) Ki-Adi Mundi
    16) Wilhuff Tarkin
    17) Maximilian Veers
    18) Padme Naberrie Amidala
    19) Jabba the Hutt
    20) Ackbar

15. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    1. Anakin Skywalker/ Darth Vader
    2. Luke Skywalker
    3. Obi Wan Kenobi
    4. Han Solo
    5. Count Dooku
    6. Tarkin
    7. Darth Sidious
    8. R2-D2
    9. Yoda
    10. Jango Fett

Honorable Mentions; Qui Gon, Darth Maul, Wedge, Mace Windu, Captian Piett, Padme, Leia,

Samnz likes this.
  16. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    1. Wilhuff Tarkin
    2. Count Dooku
    3. Biggs Darklighter
    4. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan)
    5. Jerjerrod (sp)

This is my list following many years of ups and downs and the cooling of passion. These men I still like and respect. In the case of Tarkin, I likewise immensely respect his RL performer: Sir Peter Cushing.

17. Sean F

Sean F Jedi Knight

Dec 30, 2013
    1. Darth Vader
    2. Yoda
    3. Princess Leia
    4. R2-D2
    5. C3PO
    6. Wicket
    7. Queen Amidala
    8. Obi Wan Kenobi
    9. Luke Skywalker
    10. Jar Jar Binks

18. IIA_MasterSHenson

IIA_MasterSHenson Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2013
    My favorites? That's hard. I will list the top then and then probably make another list for secondary but noteworthy favorites XD

1) Anakin/Vader (I-VI): Anakin was and is the chosen one and not only was he mysterious (to me) in the classics [what with his not being there for his son and with the emperor but an ex-jedi] and it is shown well in I-III and the tragic element that George wanted to have conveys really well. All in all, who he is, what he is, and how he is, and how the prophecy is fulfilled makes him number1. Great to watch and see and develop and make you question where you stand (it's okay but it's not okay). His character, his portrayal, and his story are my favorite.
    2) Mace Windu: Where do I start? Mace was not able to do as much as he could have but there was always the knowledge that he could do more and that he was dangerous in this calm, higher-than-thee type of way. He is second to only Yoda and rivaling Yoda in lightsaber technique and his lore is amazing. Mace is nearly number1 for me. One of the smartest people yet too forceful and steadfast to stop and take a moment. His death was nearly the death of me XD
    3) Padme Naberrie Amidala: Though her performance and character receive mixed reviews, Padme was one of the characters that had an amazing story to me. Queen, Senator, wife to a Jedi, survivor. Padme represented someone who could take care of herself, who could do what had to be done, and who made the unfortunate mistake of giving into emotions she and someone off-limits (Jedi) had for each other. She is almost more tragic than her husband. She was powerful with words, a blaster, and spirit. She knew what it meant to be a leader, have people depending on you, and doing what had to be done. It's when she chose her personal wants that she fell and almost literally paid for putting herself first. Sad but true of reality in a lot of ways.
    4) Obi-Wan Kenobi (I-VI): Obi-Wan's compulsion for me is mostly because, when he was younger, he reminds me a lot of myself XD. He's uptight and by the book and very rigid. (not including his scandalous EU years before QuiGon). Then he becomes more lax (not like me XD) and he is a good mentor overall and does the best with what he's given. Obi was placed in difficult situations and did what he thought was best. Though he did not always make the best decisions, which frustrated me, and was more of just a mystical ghost protector in 4-6, he still remains legendary and has a story that is sad but filled with victory and hope and determination and survival.
    5) Qui-Gon Jinn: The catalyst, the initiator, and almost like the hand of God touching the story. Star Wars would not be without the willful, here and now, one-minded, stubborn QuiGon. Without him, there would be no Anakin, no Luke, no Jedi probably. Had he been what Obi encouraged him to be or what the council tried to scold him into being, Star Wars would have never taken place (the saga at least) and Palp would be ruling for God knows how long with no resistance whatsoever.
    6) Moff Tarkin: Tarkin was one of the best Imperial members ever thought up. His character was interesting, compelling, and clouded in "why"s, "how"s, and "I get it"s. His death jarred me and he, like Padme, was powerful in his non-force-using position and had staggering influence and dependability. He was critical in the Empire's survival and it's my belief that his death was one of the things leading to the downfall of the Empire as a whole (apart from Vader's redemption). Had he still been alive, even with the Emperor dead, I don't think the New Republic could have stepped through the door just yet. There'd be a bloody, long fight.
    7) Luke Skywalker: The redeemer, the son of the chosen one, and the hope for the galaxy. Luke is the poster for how an unorthodox, late-trained Jedi should be. He bested his father, redeemed him, and saved the galaxy through him. He has a golden tongue and golden connection to the force. He had a pure heart and a pure goal and purpose and managed not to fall to the dark side despite all the bad he'd been forced to endure, the lure of his father being the dark side, and the lure of ruling the galaxy with his father. He was able to accomplish what nearly no one else could and, though cliché at first, turned out to be the true hero everyone wants.
    8) Leia Organa Skywalker: The one not chosen to be the jedi savior yet key member in the rebel alliance. What is ironic to me is that she knew about Obi-Wan and knew of the rebel alliance and corruption but it was Luke who had to be trained as a Jedi. O.O. It all works out though and Leia proves that, even before learning to wield a saber, she is formidable and well-trained. She is a bit brash and overconfident at first but learns to rely on others and not treat everything as a game of politics. She was one of the characters I enjoyed watching. (And I was glad when she got her force powers in EU XD)
    9) Bail Organa: Leia's father, Padme's partner in the Loyalist Party, and a true visionary. Bail put together what was later known as the rebel alliance. Without him and Mon Mothma, there would be no hope in the galaxy after the empire takeover. He risked a lot to preserve democracy and the true ideals of the Republic. He was not only fun to watch when he showed up onscreen but he's what I've heard as The Father of the Rebel Alliance. Knowing he perished with Alderaan was horrible. But at least the spirit and drive for justice and action he put in his adopted daughter lasted.
    10) Palpatine/Sidious (I-III): In the 4-6, Sidious was just the emperor. He was this dark figure that always was evil. But seeing him in 1-3 was refreshing simply because there was a chance to see who was the one who assumed the mantle as ruler of this empire and how is it that the jedi could not stop him and where are all the jedi and yada yada. Palpatine was cunning, clever, manipulative, and always had a plan A, B, and C. He was callous to the extreme. When Maul failed, he recruited Dooku. When he had Grievous to spare and Anakin was almost his, he disposed of Dooku. He used the TF for his own means, planning to slaughter them all later. He always kept himself looking good in the public eye and orchestrated his ascension to going past his term with emergency rule/military powers. These feats were amazing and his power as a sith was nothing to scoff at. Of course, he killed Plagueis in his sleep and is therefore paler in comparison to his master but formidable against the Jedi. Palpatine was evil but bad and always a joy to watch how he slowly weaves everything into place and stays above water no matter what.

Others that almost made it (still mentionable)
    R2D2 (1-6)
    Jango
    Shmi
    Dexter
    Chewbacca
    Lando
    Ackbar
    Mon Mothma (2-6)
    Handmaidens

19. Zarren

Zarren Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2014
    1. Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker
    2. Boba Fett
    3. Han Solo
    4. Luke Skywalker
    5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    6. Yoda
    7. Leia
    8. Jango Fett
    9. Wicket
    10. Aayla Secura

20. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
    Palpatine/Sidious

21. Jawasinhats27

Jawasinhats27 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2014
    1. Boba Fett
    2. Obi Wan Kenobi
    3. Han Solo
    4. Chewbacca
    5. Yoda
    6. Darth Vader
    7.Darth Revan
    8.Kit Fisto
    9. Anakin Skywalker
    10. Luke Skywalker

22. Lord Schtam

Lord Schtam Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2014
    Just from the films, eh?

1. Admiral Piett
    2. General Veers
    3. Luke Skywalker (Specifically in ROTJ)
    4. Ubi-Wan Kenobi (Specifically as old Ben)
    5. Anakin Skywalker (Specifically as Lord Vader)
    6. Palpatine (Specifically before revealing himself as Sidious)
    7. Commander Cody.
    8. Qu... Jin (Forgot the spelling)
    9. The clone who falls from the dropship with Padme in AOTC
    10. Grand Moff Tarkin

23. Hobyoda42

Hobyoda42 Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2014
    Yoda!
    It goes without saying.

24. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2014
    Anakin/Vader
    Han Solo
    Luke
    Yoda
    Chewbacca
    Boba Fett

Have a hard time choosing the rest, so many good ones.

25. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Updated list:

Yoda
    Piett
    Ackbar
    Darth Vader
    Luke Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    R2-D2
    Han Solo